Dont book a holiday (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The way things are going we might just get back by end March in time to start our holidays.
Nobody knows. I used to guess in my school exams.............failed every one. :eek: :eek:

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Holidays or no Holidays what we need is a timetable of how we might relax and come out of lockdown based on the vaccination programmes this drip feeding of information and we might tell you something on the 22nd is making things worse better to have some plans and adjust accordingly rather than this day to day existing. Other countries have this under control we need to accept maybe other countries have some better ideas on this than our government currently does.

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
We can all go to the land of my fathers from easter according to dragfoot Anglsey here I come unless shiftz dynamites the meni crossings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I’m going to Scotland in June.

And tbh, I’m Going regardless, I don’t see how loading the 4x4 and driving non stop to Stirling for pay at pump fuel before going onto a remote cottage with no neighbours and staying there, with acres of lone space, including fishing, walking, wildlife viewing etc and only Asda or Tesco deliveries is any less safe than being at home with no space and going off my head.
Indeed but that won’t stop the police turning you back and a fine be careful
Long way to get turn back

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I think the governments issue is the death rate among those who get covid is too high, the world average is 2.18% of those with the disease die from it.

We have now pulled ours down to 2.85% but if they let us mingle more people will get it, and the NHS isn’t coping as well simple due to the numbers, increase the numbers again and the death rate among those with the disease will go back up again, simple because the NHS is so stretched.

Over the next few months that rate MUST fall, it’s actually not so important how many get it, but it’s vital to reduce the number of deaths among people who do get covid.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If not, just park on the road to a campsite and say you are queuing till there is a space, just like queues for Glastonbury, Ascot, Grand Prix, Three Counties Show, etc.

I like your style there 😊

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
This is a typical first world problem.. people dying in their thousands, doctors and nurses at their wits end, those in authority struggling to ease the issue, and others wondering if they can go on holiday.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I personally think the ones in charge will need to relax restrictions. Otherwise the populace will rise up in opposition to the lockdown.
How long are people prepared to put up with just existing and not living?
This year? Another year? Five years? Ten years? The rest of their lives?
If there doesn’t soon seem to be something to look forward to people will just give up following any form of restriction.
This is just my thoughts though. I’m not starting a revolution. Too much hard work 😓 😓 😓 .
The problem with Covid case reportings are, as I understand it.

People who die from heart attack or stroke, who are, or have tested positive within the last 28 days. Are reported within the figures. So the figures are not going to come down. The more this carries on, the less I believe it.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Indeed but that won’t stop the police turning you back and a fine be careful
Long way to get turn back
Don’t see an issue, I’ve registered my 4x4 at the Scottish cottage and motorway based ANPR is not flagging Scottish vehicles.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
This is a typical first world problem.. people dying in their thousands, doctors and nurses at their wits end, those in authority struggling to ease the issue, and others wondering if they can go on holiday.

My thoughts as well.

You’re not going to die from not going away but you might if you do go away 🤔

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
People who die from heart attack or stroke, who are, or have tested positive within the last 28 days. Are reported within the figures. So the figures are not going to come down. The more this carries on, the less I believe it.

That is part of the problem with the figures.
Died of or died with a big difference.

But dead non the less.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Don’t see an issue, I’ve registered my 4x4 at the Scottish cottage and motorway based ANPR is not flagging Scottish vehicles.
Perhaps folk with more than one residence should have to declare one as current during Covid restrictions, not allowed to swop back and forth.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
It’s 7 weeks today until Good Friday. If that isn’t enough time to get things ready for Easter holidays to be possible then I can’t see anything improving this year. The road map announcement is now sometime in the week commencing 22nd of February rather than that actual day as previously suggested .
All the people that are happy to stay locked down forever are probably not trying to work from home whilst providing home education for their children !

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Holidays or no Holidays what we need is a timetable of how we might relax and come out of lockdown based on the vaccination programmes this drip feeding of information and we might tell you something on the 22nd is making things worse better to have some plans and adjust accordingly rather than this day to day existing. Other countries have this under control we need to accept maybe other countries have some better ideas on this than our government currently does.

Don’t see how that’s possible, make predictions and another variant causes problems and everyone as usual will blame the PM .
Nothing is predictable at the moment so basing plans on shifting sands and with so many still hospitalised and still far more cases than last time we eased lockdown would be crazy plus any changing of plans would bring the screams of “ another U turn “ .
The PM is best to keep his powder dry until he is ready and not be pressured by the opposition the MSM and every other expert on gods earth.
The only country that honestly has this under control is the Isle of Man.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Planning to use the van as soon as it's warm enough.
Not been to the bottom of the garden for months, so the change will make a break.
Might also be a good to remind myself what everything does and see if it still works.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Don’t see how that’s possible, make predictions and another variant causes problems and everyone as usual will blame the PM .
Nothing is predictable at the moment so basing plans on shifting sands and with so many still hospitalised and still far more cases than last time we eased lockdown would be crazy plus any changing of plans would bring the screams of “ another U turn “ .
The PM is best to keep his powder dry until he is ready and not be pressured by the opposition the MSM and every other expert on gods earth.
The only country that honestly has this under control is the Isle of Man.

Much of the pressure is coming from the Tory back benches!

Gordon

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Government saying unlikely we will have a holiday this year. What are everyones thoughts. We have France booked and Scotland.
Still have ferries from last year and some sites just keep rolling them over.
It was ONE bloke... and he was more or less told to shut up by others... No one knows what the future holds, but I am very optimistic

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
The problem with Covid case reportings are, as I understand it.

COVID causes a lot of mortality from secondary issues like strokes and heart attacks, usually within 28 days hence the measure. It must be fairly accurate as the excess death rate mirrors it and you can’t fake that.

I have seen it all first hand, looked at our own organisations figures and seen the patients with my own eyes.

People have died in their thousands, I don’t know what you have to disbelieve?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I think the governments issue is the death rate among those who get covid is too high, the world average is 2.18% of those with the disease die from it.

We have now pulled ours down to 2.85% but if they let us mingle more people will get it, and the NHS isn’t coping as well simple due to the numbers, increase the numbers again and the death rate among those with the disease will go back up again, simple because the NHS is so stretched.

Over the next few months that rate MUST fall, it’s actually not so important how many get it, but it’s vital to reduce the number of deaths among people who do get covid.
A more accurate figure for our percentage death rate is 2.3% at present.
Your figure was for the whole of the pandemic but 2.3% represents the second wave from 1st November to now and negates the false figure created by having several deaths in March and April but doing next to no tests.

It could be pointed out that all the other countries werent testing in April and March last year either which would still show the same sort of differential as the Worlds for the same period is 1.91% to compare to our 2.3%.

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
That’ll be the majority on here then

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Seeing that the 2nd dose timetable to meet our PO/Santander booking for 22 April is a bit iffy, and the balance of £368 is due next week, we have decided to change our plans! Now booked PO/Caen for 5th September, and we'll meander South through France instead! The new balance payable in July is £2.90...

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
A more accurate figure for our percentage death rate is 2.3% at present.
Your figure was for the whole of the pandemic but 2.3% represents the second wave from 1st November to now and negates the false figure created by having several deaths in March and April but doing next to no tests.

It could be pointed out that all the other countries werent testing in April and March last year either which would still show the same sort of differential as the Worlds for the same period is 1.91% to compare to our 2.3%.
This weeks figures

<Broken link removed>

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Perhaps folk with more than one residence should have to declare one as current during Covid restrictions, not allowed to swop back and forth.

Just to be clear, we’ve not been to the cottage in Scotland even when we could have, but I will be going in June.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back