dometic fridge burner not staying lit (1 Viewer)

Womble249

Free Member
Jul 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2008
Hi guys, are there any wizards among you who could solve the problem of my Dometic fridge.
The process I use is to elect solect the gas setting, and you can hear the igniter ticking away, followed shortley with the gas being lit. the igniter keeps ticking, and then after 10 seconds the gas goes out.

my system has 3 ceramic probes that go into the flame, which of course one is the thermocouple. I've checked various websites and only seen 2 probes unlike mine which has 3
has anyone else had this problem.

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Keep it simple to begin with and clean the burner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If the gas lights but doesn't stay alight I strongly suspect it is the thermocouple at fault (just as Mr PJ posts) in which case cleaning the burner, whilst not doing any harm, won't solve your problem.

JJ :cool:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
my system has 3 ceramic probes that go into the flame, which of course one is the thermocouple. I've checked various websites and only seen 2 probes unlike mine which has 3
has anyone else had this problem.
It's all electronic these days, one is the ignitor the other two are themo sensing probes. Check the probes are getting heated by the flame if OK try changing the probes. If it is not the probes it is possibly the electronic module, they are about £200, they are not reparable as the components are potted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Buy a can of compressed air from the pound shop,key board cleaner , and give the burner jets and gas pipe a good blow thru.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back