Dogs? Yes or No - A Poll - Please Respond (1 Viewer)

Dogs and Motorhome

• We have a dog and take them away with us in the motorhome

Votes: 878 60.8%
  • We do not take a dog away with us in the motorhome

Votes: 566 39.2%

• Total voters

SiJui

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 1, 2018
Funster No
Yes we take ours every time we manage to get away- she loves it! Just wish it could be more :(

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We like them but they take a lot of looking after, sometimes smell (the owners never smell it) and when they get older the vet's bills are horrendous :eek:
Obviously well worth it for some (y) but not for us (our loss :cool:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
2 cockapoos travel with us all the time. don't take up much room. but my wife surprised me with an 8 week old pup last week so things will get a bit tight as he grows up. Tyr is a newfie

Nov 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We take our 2 most everywhere with us.
Our dogs are a big part of the gig.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
when i had my pooches, bearded collies, they went everywhere with us, very much a part of my family same as my daughter, wouldn't have left her with anyone else so why leave the dogs..
always said that if they weren't welcome then neither were we..

edit..sadly no longer have dogs but only because of my health and mobility restrictions, but my daughter took her dog with her everywhere too until she sadly died, now it's a parrot, amazon, that goes everywhere with her when she goes away.. :)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
We pick our first Motorhome up in a couple of weeks. One of the reasons for deciding to get it was so that we can take the dogs with us. Curious where they'll end up sleeping. Not the bed!

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
and he will come too
20190226_231246.jpg

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Should there be another survey on how many of those many, many dog owners who travel with them in their motorhome have them properly retrained whilst travelling against those that let them wonder around - or in Jims case sit in the passenger seat without a seat belt!

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
:cool:

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it! Although I have always said there are two things in life I will never try, that's homosexuality and tripe.

That's one thing we agree on! Tripe is revolting! :sick::sick::sick:
However. I fail to see the appeal of wandering around with an animal on the end of a piece of string, stopping occasionally to pick up its excrement, then carrying that around, too! And I'm the weird one because I won't have a dog!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Should there be another survey on how many of those many, many dog owners who travel with them in their motorhome have them properly retrained whilst travelling against those that let them wonder around - or in Jims case sit in the passenger seat without a seat belt!
Have a wee cup of tea man

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Jazz loves going up front. I let her occasionally. Being Left hand drive she gets some looks when people think she's driving.

View attachment 286264

I know...I'm irresponsible..
We get the same looks in France as its a Chauson and people look twice to see whos driving. I'm thinking of getting a stick on kids steering wheel for scruff just to see the reaction.

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
However. I fail to see the appeal of wandering around with an animal on the end of a piece of string, stopping occasionally to pick up its excrement, then carrying that around, too! And I'm the weird one because I won't have a dog!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

never said you were weird, just said you were missing out, but each to their own!

Dec 1, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Marano
Exp
I’m a newbie
Our first time in M H but will take Teddy our Shih tzu with us and hope it is successful 10 days and about 800 miles to start and get back home.

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
We go to All About Dogs ( Every Year ) and camp over the days at Norfolk Show Ground we have two dogs and they thoroughly enjoy there time away, no hook up but still brilliant would recommend. They hold the shows all over so look up your local one you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We go to All About Dogs ( Every Year ) and camp over the days at Norfolk Show Ground we have two dogs and they thoroughly enjoy there time away, no hook up but still brilliant would recommend. They hold the shows all over so look up your local one you won’t be disappointed.
Paws in the Park at Detling Showground (Kent) in September is a great 2 day dog show with camping. Thoroughly recommend(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We pick our first Motorhome up in a couple of weeks. One of the reasons for deciding to get it was so that we can take the dogs with us. Curious where they'll end up sleeping. Not the bed!
... wanna bet ???? :D

camper bed.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do you have children? Did you object to carrying them around and cleaning up their poo etc? Did you enjoy having them around?

If you had a dog even for a day I'm sure you'd realise just how nice they are to be around and what joy they can give.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back