DIY motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i went on there just to pass on what i knew from my self build which i no longer have one guy even travelled down from cambridge to see my van for ideas its sad its gone but now you know why they fell out with the previous forum I was on the other forum for a few years and generally it was well run but i was never happy with the distribution of funds so left

t colquitt

Free Member
Sep 12, 2018
glengormley
Funster No
MH
iveco
Exp
Phil at wildcamping tried to buy the site but was refused so he is going to start a new one up,there is also the new site started by the former owner i beleave of diy,all a bit of a jumble so far me thinks.

Deleted User
The problem with any new diy forum will be how to deal with the guy who caused the downfall of diy.motorhome. He needs to realise that he can't live on planet ego for the rest of his life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
thing is I never saw any of this in my short time on there just good advice, some of which I took ;) I thought at times posters were even to lenient with some daft stuff but sorry its gone.

sparrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
New to this
I'm a diy refugee, will see how I get on here. I didn't realise it was a subscription model though. I've already paid for SBMCC, so I'm unlikely to pay for this as well.

t colquitt

Free Member
Sep 12, 2018
glengormley
Funster No
MH
iveco
Exp
Me nither as on to many and paying to much but i will holf for a while to make my mind up.

D

Deleted member 56151

Deleted User
Sorry to see the other forum go. I don't mind passing on advice, (don't know if anyone took any of it), but I'm not going to start paying for the privilege do so.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sorry to see the other forum go. I don't mind passing on advice, (don't know if anyone took any of it), but I'm not going to start paying for the privilege do so.
take a look at the news letter

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Perhaps you may learn something.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We joined when Id just finished converting our van . But it was in the early days and there was nothing much happening on there . YouTube and google were my source of info .
DFF8E386-C3FA-4D24-8C84-A3F33AA1751E.jpeg
8FA2024D-A177-41E1-B6C2-C738432E4566.jpeg
7A442653-E8CE-4D0C-BE7B-994038F6F37B.jpeg
0C092A18-3335-4F7F-887C-B3D05F593279.jpeg

D

Deleted member 56151

Deleted User
Thank you both for your kind words, perhaps one of you could provide a link as I'm new here and haven't quite got to grips yet.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thank you both for your kind words, perhaps one of you could provide a link as I'm new here and haven't quite got to grips yet.
check the email that you registered with DIY, there is a very generous offer from Jim

D

Deleted member 56151

Deleted User
The only Email I've had from Jim is the bog standard welcoming one, after I joined, no mention of generous discounts. So my original post stands, and to be honest, I don't think I'd make good Funster material.
So with that in mind, Mods, please feel free to delete my posts and account.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The only Email I've had from Jim is the bog standard welcoming one, after I joined, no mention of generous discounts. So my original post stands, and to be honest, I don't think I'd make good Funster material.
That’s the difference with Motorhomefun there are no moderators

OP
OP
Richard n Ann
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Bye then. Before you go, can you send me your discount code? :D2

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I ain't had no email but already paid up on here. Does that make a difference?

Pugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2018
Funster No
MH
Luton Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Good luck with whatever forum you run. Many years ago I set one up. Luckily it was a side-line of hosting web sites, so it cost me nothing more that my time and effort. A few years later I even hosed someone else's forum for free to save them money. Sadly it's mostly a thankless task. Thanks for the ride Jim :)

Chriseui

Free Member
Jun 22, 2017
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
X250 LWB Van Conversion
Exp
The offer was on the closure announcement email subject "DIY Motorhome News" I received mine on 14/9. I must say I was surprised at the speed of the closure, given the offenders accounts could have been disabled whilst innocent users were given time for an orderly closure. I'm just hoping I retained masters of all my pictures!

It wasn't clear that Jim's offer was applicable to existing MHfun members who need to renew.... Mines due next week!

Chris

Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
@Jim

I took you up on your kind & generous offer for the trial subscription, and have just noticed that you have activated my account, for which I thank you kindly.

I would like to express my sadness at the death of the DIY-Motorhome Forum and my regret that some apparently egotistical and/or selfish members there have caused you to close it for reasons which I fully understand.
I had no idea all that unnecessary krap was going on in the background, and in your place, I would almost certainly have done the same or similar.
..... However, please note that your generous efforts for DIY-Motorhome WERE very much appreciated by many users, myself included.

Also, I was very sorry to read about your kids, and I offer my sincere wishes for their speedy recovery ... Family is more important than anything else in life !!

Many Thanks and Best Regards
Bob (aka Bobbejaan)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back