Distraught owner seeks help... (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Must be the unluckiest motorhomer in the world.

As you know, recently changed our van to a beautiful machine. Few nights away, fixing this and that.

And now this.

One of the air suspension bolts came out on the rear tag axle. (goldshmitt) this has caused a "tear" in the bellow. Managed to get home and assess the situation.

Today I phoned Travel World who don't stock the bellow, said they would have to email Goldsmitt with an estimated response time of get it "3 weeks" just to respond..

Tried ringing RV installs who said pretty much the same and prepare for a 3 month yes 3 month wait to get this sorted. I'm pretty confident I could fit the bellow myself if I had the chance but I can't even get one. I have looked at the options of trying a temp repair but my brain can not engage this.

I genuinely think right now, after 20 years of doing this, I'm done with it. what sort of industry could it be acceptable to leave you on the side of the road for 3 months. I have no idea how what happened happened, probably one of our numerous pot holed excuses for a road, but I've had enough.

I've put some pictures up if anyone can suggested if there's a work around.
bellow 1.jpg
bellow 2.jpg
bellow 2.jpg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Must be the unluckiest motorhomer in the world.

As you know, recently changed our van to a beautiful machine. Few nights away, fixing this and that.

And now this.

One of the air suspension bolts came out on the rear tag axle. (goldshmitt) this has caused a "tear" in the bellow. Managed to get home and assess the situation.

Today I phoned Travel World who don't stock the bellow, said they would have to email Goldsmitt with an estimated response time of get it "3 weeks" just to respond..

Tried ringing RV installs who said pretty much the same and prepare for a 3 month yes 3 month wait to get this sorted. I'm pretty confident I could fit the bellow myself if I had the chance but I can't even get one. I have looked at the options of trying a temp repair but my brain can not engage this.

I genuinely think right now, after 20 years of doing this, I'm done with it. what sort of industry could it be acceptable to leave you on the side of the road for 3 months. I have no idea how what happened happened, probably one of our numerous pot holed excuses for a road, but I've had enough.

I've put some pictures up if anyone can suggested if there's a work around. View attachment 891393View attachment 891394View attachment 891394

Are these the correct ones? It says that they have eleven in stock, worth a phone call ?

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
Can't quite see the problem as one photo is too close. What about a car or motorbike tyre inner tube placed over the things and clamped.

Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
As I said a few weeks ago on this forum, why do we put up with such rubbish service from some these companies/suppliers.

As a company I would not deal with any supplier that takes that long to respond to enquiries.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Are these the correct ones? It says that they have eleven in stock, worth a phone call ?

They are different but I've sent them a message to see if they hold stock..
Thank you

Can't quite see the problem as one photo is too close. What about a car or motorbike tyre inner tube placed over the things and clamped.
there is a clear tear in the bellow, i did think of tube and repair.
however, apparently its no good because of the constant travel in the bag and psi required.. i think i will try though even if temporary

Don't see what the actual problem is but if the ones above won't fit, could you remove both sides and fit a different sort as there are various kits about.
as above, being its electronic, i don't think it will work changing for different bellows

Can you take the bellow off and take it to have a patch(s) vulcanized onto the tears?

no where i can find does this.

Paul, get a number of the bellows of you can, I did and ordered a couple which I keep on the van, (Alko air suspension) mine are contitech sz 135-19 have a look👍

I have the number , did you have a link? But again, pretty sure they need to be goldschmitt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It’s been a while since I ordered them but I think I got them through Autodoc👍

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
So sorry to hear of this Paul. Really hope you get a speedy fix and are back on the road again very soon.
Just be thankful that you were able to get back home and that this didn’t happen on one of your European adventures! Xx

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It’s been a while since I ordered them but I think I got them through Autodoc👍

This is on post #38 of the linked thread that you were referring to airbags for Autodoc Adi.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I rang the company that Two on Tour suggested..

Very helpful and spoke better English than i do!!!

Sadly they do not have in stock, they said they can email goldsmitt who if lucky will reply in 4 days. If in stock another 4 days, if not anyones guess.

I've emailed goldsmhitt myself.

Therefore, if i can't repair even for temporary, could be a long time off the road

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Is there a company for this?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul have you tried a Ambulance / Emergency vehicle conversion Co ?
Also I think there is one called Bluelights ? Don’t know if they have same airbag types or if they would supply/ suggest where you could get one from

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25yrs in Motorhomes and Caravans before that
I feel your pain... my Euromobil had a blow out and damaged the plastic rear wheel arch... it took 6 months to get from Euromobil, then still needed painting before fitting... so all in all 8 months off the road...

Hang on in there, it's worth it...

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
https://blacktech-airsprings.com/airsprings/210-23-c1/ ?

cross ref to
I thought of this one. But alas, I think it's too small and different fittings. It does appear like Goldshit to their own.

1714410778918.png
1714410778918.png

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I know it’s a long shot, but is it worth contacting Mick at SAP in Doncaster? I know he does VB air suspension (and not Goldschmitt) but may be able to assist with constructive advice and a temporary fix.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back