Dealers (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm no fan of dealers and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, but the op is talking about a twelve year old van here, I would think he should be grateful for any sort of warranty on a van that age.

OP
OP
LOOSE WHEEL
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
I'm no fan of dealers and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, but the op is talking about a twelve year old van here, I would think he should be grateful for any sort of warranty on a van that age.

1.of the four MH I,v owned never bought a MH off dealer befor thought I could trust such a big company.
2. It may not be new but it was £25,000 cash that I,v worked hard for.
3. Every vehicle that's sold by a trader as a 3 month warranty plus any other.
4. I,v wrote these posts to warn other fellow funsters
5. One or two things may have been acceptable

I should not have to be grateful for anything.

Regards Andy

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Teuchters further adventures with dealers!

Dealer N0 2. Hampshire

The 8 year old Rapido bought in the Lake District had several other faults (in addition to the broken main springs) which became apparent fairly soon - mostly fairly minor but annoying so I had a smaller dealer in Hampshire so more local to me who claimed to be a service centre for MoHos try to fix them :-

1. Both batteries discharged over a 5 or 6 day period with nothing switched on - dealer could find no fault

2. Wipers did not always work - fixed

3. No "telltale" sound on indicators - not fixed - fixed it myself later

4. Fridge difficult to light on gas - dealer sold to me & supplied new gas ignition but did not fit it as he managed to fix it by "adjustment" and said if it didn't work he would fit the new one - guess what it did not work so van went back in for a week for work to be carried out to fit the new igniter!! - this time I tested the fridge at the dealers and it worked.

The following week we went on holiday and in Portugal we used the kitchen sink for the first time that holiday and water poured out from behind the fridge!! the sink drain pipe (situated above the fridge) was disconnected and try as I might I could not access it to reconnect so reverted to a basin for a sink!!!!
Luckily I found a very good small "motorhome fixer" in Portugal (a Brit as it happened) and took the MoHo to him and he spent 5 hours struggling to fix it including having to cut away some of the wooden trim around the fridge top internal ventilation wire mesh grill - he then asked me if I wanted the gas ignition system replaced as they were cheap and easy to change now the fridge was moved forward - I told him that a new one had been fitted last week and he laughed and showed me the old rusty one in situ!! He also said that the waste water pipe from the kitchen sink had obviously been forced out of position by someone trying to move the fridge without adopting the correct difficult procedures ie bodging it!!!

Dealer No 2 Fail!!!:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Teuchters ongoing Dealer saga!

Dealer 3 - Southdowns Portsmouth

AS I could no longer drive the Rapido due to licence issues I traded it in at Southdowns in Portsmouth for our Current Van a Knaus Sky TI and found dealer 3 Sales team to be first class good handover and ongoing support - in the 2 years we have had the van a few things have gone wrong and their head workshop man Andy has been outstanding - nothing too much trouble

So Dealer N) 3 Southdowns - pass with flying colours!! :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
but what about the coffee? presume that must have been OK :)(y)

seriously though, the tyres sound like an obvious area for challenge, do you remember what date stamp they had on them ? if original fit 2005 that seems out of order

the lack of service parts changed if you were told in writing it as done must be bordering on criminal fraud

but the outside shower, you would be the first person I have ever met who ever used it, no idea why they are even fitted :)(y)

OP
OP
LOOSE WHEEL
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
2004 date on tyres original continentals just replaced with the same (new)
coffee was good
Buts don't start turning this into a positive:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
but the outside shower, you would be the first person I have ever met who ever used it, no idea why they are even fitted :)(y)
[1] dogs
[2] surfers
[3] if you don't want to steam up the moho
[4] I remember somebody on here saying he was asked by their neighbour if they minded if he used the outside shower - "no of course not" - at which point he stripped off & started showering - "DON'T LOOK ETHEL!!!"

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
. Going to keep this short because I find it annoying.
ALAN KERR LEISURE ,PAIGNTON

Unprofessional

Unhelpful

Rude

Uncaring

Unrecommended

Any more words for s**t Dealers

Regards Andy

Hope this saves someone else's frustration.
Cannot believe they can be as bad as 3A's leisure in Carmathen.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back