Dealers (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
. Going to keep this short because I find it annoying.
ALAN KERR LEISURE ,PAIGNTON

Unprofessional

Unhelpful

Rude

Uncaring

Unrecommended

Any more words for s**t Dealers

Regards Andy

Hope this saves someone else's frustration.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Unprofessional

Unhelpful

Rude

Uncaring

Unrecommended

Regards Andy

Try a good dealer like @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Must jump to their defence...

Their toilets are nice and clean... :giggler:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Must jump to their defence...

Their toilets are nice and clean... :giggler:
Not now though
images (17)_1.jpg

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
You are obviously angry but what's the point of posting your anger unless you share the reasons for it.
I would of thought to warn others off without going into too much detail.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

Unprofessional

Unhelpful

Rude

Uncaring

Unrecommended

Regards Andy

You see, the problem is that it might be that you'd just popped past to use their toilets or asked to park or ask for change for something and in one way or another, they refused you. It doesn't give any clue as to whether or not you had to use them for some specific reason

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Premium prices?
I'm no expert but I'll be taking my 2012 Burstner there and sell it, if it worth that kind of money!

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
You see, the problem is that it might be that you'd just popped past to use their toilets or asked to park or ask for change for something and in one way or another, they refused you. It doesn't give any clue as to whether or not you had to use them for some specific reason
I can't see anyone posting such a negative outburst over something trivial, like asking for change, or using their loos, but you never know.

I agree that extra information is needed though.

I've got a good relationship with my dealership and have recommended them to both family and friends. A mate went along on my recommendation a year or so ago and ended up buying a caravan from them.
He had a few issues, ended up falling out with management, writing to head office, who backed management and has now vowed never to step foot in their premises again.

Turns out it was all over a stained skylight and my mate was wanting all sorts by way of compensation. As always, I gave him my honest opinion and told him he was being a k**b.... And he was :whistle:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Both the dealers we have bought from have been very professional and helpful (Knowepark and Geoff Cox). Others may not have had the same experience. Some people expect more than others.

For what I consider minor warranty repairs I am happy to get the parts delivered FOC and fit myself. Others may expect a fitter to do this.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I can't see anyone posting such a negative outburst over something trivial, like asking for change, or using their loos, but you never know.

I've got a good relationship with my dealership and have recommended them to both family and friends. A mate went along on my recommendation a year or so ago and ended up buying a caravan from them.
He had a few issues, ended up falling out with management, writing to head office, who backed management and has now vowed never to step foot in their premises again.

Turns out it was all over a stained skylight and my mate was wanting all sorts by way of compensation. As always, I gave him my honest opinion and told him he was being a k**b.... And he was :whistle:

That is why I rarely recommended to anyone 'cause when what is excellent to most people turns out as not to another, you'll get the blame.:(

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Difficult to recommend dealers except to say what your own experience was. I have dealt with 3 motorhome dealers over the last 4 years and had excellent experiences with them, even recommending them all to others.
But, I have personally been made aware that some other people's dealings with 2 of them have been far less than satisfactory.
Of course, we generally only hear one side of the argument, it maybe that some of those complaining about dealers have been the catalyst that started the bad relationship.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
They treated me OK when I bought ours from A Kerr 6 years ago.
I asker that the two front tyres be changed because of the Cracks in them. They Did.
I took it to our local tyre place (in St Austell) to have the rear tyres changed, they told me the two on the front were the wrong ones if I was going to run them on the recommended 80lbs pressure. Phoned AK they told the Tyre place to change them for the right Tyres. No hassles!
The only thing that annoyed me with AK was the long winded hand over.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

Some years ago I watched a 5 minute article on national television about how unfair, unprofessional, rude, uncaring place was to this woman's husband. It was a lot more vicious than the OP's but it went on for a good 5 minutes. This company was the absolute pits and should be closed immediately and the owners prosecuted.
What had they done?
Well it turns out that the woman's husband was wheel chair bound and needed the toilet and demanded that she used the shops facilities. They refused, not only because it was against the company rules but the toilets out of order.
That was a non news item but typically, bigged by the media.
So, it's alright coming on and slating a company but unless there's a specific reason then it's not worth the time to read. It could be the OP's fault. I do note that the OP hasn't come back to illuminate the Funsters

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Our visit to Alan Kerr about 4 years ago was a real mix. The salesman was absolutely brilliant: let us look around ALL the new vans; took us to the site where their used vans are stored; listened to us waffle on about what we thought we wanted (it was to be our first moho); pointed us to the vans he felt matched our requirements; answered all our questions and gave advice. Basically let us get on with looking and pondering without interfering but available for any help we wanted. Ditto the receptionist who was there with documents & information (& coffee). All going really well and very tempted by a lovely Hobby.

Then the ?owner or ?manager or ?sales director stuck his oar in and started "selling" - you know the sort of thing "that suits you really well madam" (a moho SUITS me???); "we can give you a special price only for today sir"; etc. Pressure. Blood boiling we left. "Selling" works for me for something like a second cup of coffee or a piece of cheesecake; but definitely not on something like a motorhome.

OP
OP
LOOSE WHEEL
Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Was trying to keep it short.:rolleyes:

Julian the sales bloke can,t fault him.
Leaking fuel tank on way home they did sort this, no I did they payed bill.

Advertised with two owners, when log book arrived two weeks later there were four.
Phone call not replied to :mad:
Tyres with cracks uk m.o.t exceptable, recommend by m.o.t station man not to go abroad on them and two other tyre companies.
( all trusted companies that I regularly work with )

Email not replied to :mad:
Fault on habitation door never sorted properly
Rotted off engin heater bracket
Outside shower not working
Found unexceptable amounts of rust for price of MH
Holes in fibreglass found when I scrubbed all bird shit off roof.

It was supposed to have been serviced when purchased, I found dirty
Air filter, 2004 fuel filter when I serviced it after only doing 1,000 miles it's a 2005 MH
Phone calls not replied to :mad:
More calls not replied to :mad:
Wrote a long email to company, took them a WEEK to replie said they could not offer any compensation but I can have a free service Ha Ha
F***ing Ha.
Anyone eles on here think my first short post my have been my fault.

Luckily for me I know a bloke that can weld, spray, work his nuts off
bringing it up to scratch Me.(y)
And both the wife And I love it.

SO THIS IS WHY I WROTE FIRST POST :D2
So once again I would not recommend Allan Karr motorhome
Mainly because of bad communications
Regards Andy

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Not to bad then .. You get more faults than that on a new one .. I like the bit about the salesman, He must be worth his weight in gold to that business. I would suspect that he knew how many owners there were he was just a bit economical with the truth. As for the rust .. Same old thing really buyer beware .. You had a good look round it perhaps you should have spotted the rust and the tyres .. Don't take anyones word for anything when buying a MH they are with a few exceptions a right load of Cowboys ..

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Well I can only repeat , they treated us fairly. We said we were interested in the one we ended up buying, they quoted us a price as a trade in, we said the fellas from a company in Somerset offered us more, they matched it, we said a wind out awning would be nice, they said OK and we did the deal !
As I've said before the only time I was likely to tell them to shove it was the prolonged hand over, but then I'M an Aries! just an impatient S O B !

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Sorry double posting - in Spain and mifi struggling to keep up!!:mad:

Last edited:

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
In my 30+ years as a "tugger" I dealt with several different caravan dealers and found the all to be pleasant, fairly fair and realistic.

In my 3 years I have dealt with 3 motorhome dealers - 2 of which were appalling to the extent of blatantly lying!!

Dealer 1 - Lake district I bought my 1st MoHo from them - used Rapido - supposedly MOT'd, serviced & PDI'd and when I had driven from Hampshire to take delivery I asked to be shown around the vehicle and was given the breifest of handovers during which it was obvious that the guy knew vfery little about the MoHo (or any MoHo???)

I asked to be shown how to fill and empty potable and grey tanks - "don't worry sir all been ckecked and info in handbook - My Son in law who was with me said OK show us then and the guy had not got a clue so he called in his service man who had apparently carried out the service and when asked to demonstrate the emptying points - he could not find them!! - eventually found the grey water one which while fery stiff did work - as to the fresh water one - nowhere to be found!! Eventually my son in law spotted a short hose protruding from the underside at the rear of the van with a wooden plug inserted in it secured by a jubilee clip - yep that was the fresh water drain!! (the on/off toggle upstream of the wooden plug was not serviceable) - some PDI/service!!!:rolleyes:

By this time I had paid my money and handed over my caravan in PX so just accepted it and drove it back to Hampshire then 3 days later on a "shakedown" 10 days in France

I took in to EssanJay Poole (an excellent company) to have rear air suspension fitted as it did not drive well and when they put it up on the ramp found that both rear leaf springs were broken - one had half a leaf missing and the other side top leaf was broken in the centre behind the U bolts - so new Mercedes springs as well as spring assisters - despite getting a good deal from essanjay it was still expensive!

So Dealer N01 Lake District - definate fail and by the way I later found out that the van was heavier than my licence allowed (as a tugger at 70 I did not renew my C1 as I did not have to) - no mention of weights and licences was made during sale and I am informed by other dealers that this is mandatory!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back