Day 2 tests (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
We're trying to book Day 2 tests for return from France. Expert Medical, as recommended on here just keeps glitching out. It takes all our details but then just blanks the form and won't let us actually buy. V frustrating! Has anyone else had that, or do you have any other firms to recommend?
Thanks so much,
Stuart and Jo

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Having the same problem even tried to call waited 15 minutes then gave up so might go elsewhere as only got a couple of weeks left.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
We had the same problem Gave up on them and went with Testing for All. £96 for two of us.

We couldn't find any of the cheapest advertised kits available to order. It's a proper racket.

OP
OP
S
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
New, starting 2021
Thanks all. Looks like Randox might be cheapest at moment. Supposedly £43 with a discount code though not yet clear what the code is!!

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
That's for the return to UK test the day 2 PCR tests are £57.60 each
We have booked day 2 test kits through Co-op with no problems. There are a number of companies quoting low prices but once on the web site the prices seem to rocket up. Co-op was £57.60 each and we got our reference number to put on our "locator form" within an hour. Just wondering how easy it will be to get the pre entry test befoe travelling back to UK

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I have also booked our 2day return tests through the coop online pharmacy without any problems, not the cheapest but it works, which is what you want to know. We now have our reference numbers to put on our PLF for our return to the uk on 2nd Oct. Will get the return test done in France as others have mentioned. Roll on next Sunday, France here we come.
James (marpool)

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
Just a small query and probably sounds daft. Having received my day 2 test kit - do I need to take it with me to France or leave it at home? I have made a note of the reference number to put on the PLF

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Leave it at home, just make sure you have the reference numbers to take with you.
Use when you return

gazal

Free Member
Sep 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
campervan
Hi folks. I’ve been reading this post with interesting as I’m thinking about going to France I’m October. I understand the 2 day test done on return, but have read about a pre test required before entering uk. Can anyone tell me where you can get this done, if it’s required.
Cheers

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Can anyone tell me where you can get this done, if it’s required.
I gather they are widely available at high street pharmacies or laboratoir in France. They appear to be reasonably priced and the results provided quickly.
Of course by October the rules could change.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi folks. I’ve been reading this post with interesting as I’m thinking about going to France I’m October. I understand the 2 day test done on return, but have read about a pre test required before entering uk. Can anyone tell me where you can get this done, if it’s required.
Cheers
yes any french chemist.

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I do not se why you cannot order your tests from France. I set up an account with them and ordered my test, The reference number is sent with your order conformation. within your account page you have set up with them. They do not e-mail you with the reference number you need for your PLF. The test kit will be sent to your home address for you to use on your return. Hope this helps.

James (marpool)

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Any advice on 2 day tests to return to Wales? Via tunnel which is in England. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
We dock in Plymouth after returning from Spain. We live in Caerphilly , ordered the 2 day test from Randox .
They emailed a receipt with the booking reference on it which is needed to complete the Passenger Locator Form.
No problem with a Welsh address and there is a drop box local to me.

If we were flying into Cardiff airport I might have done via the Welsh Gov website.

Patrick

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
We dock in Plymouth after returning from Spain. We live in Caerphilly , ordered the 2 day test from Randox .
They emailed a receipt with the booking reference on it which is needed to complete the Passenger Locator Form.
No problem with a Welsh address and there is a drop box local to me.

If we were flying into Cardiff airport I might have done via the Welsh Gov website.

Patrick
Thanks. I thought there might be a problem with a welsh address as your supposed to buy the wales government test.

May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 1986
Is it best to order two separate tests rather than a pair. one for me and one for my wife?. I’m wondering if we’ll get two separate numbers for the PLF if ordered as a pair. so many questions 🤔

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Is it best to order two separate tests rather than a pair. one for me and one for my wife?. I’m wondering if we’ll get two separate numbers for the PLF if ordered as a pair. so many questions 🤔
I'm just looking at one of the websites and it specifically says to order separate tests.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Any advice on 2 day tests to return to Wales? Via tunnel which is in England. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
It is where you arrive .England
Thanks. I thought there might be a problem with a welsh address as your supposed to buy the wales government test.
You only use Welsh ones if flying in or arriving by boat in Wales.
got to be seperate

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Just ordered from Expert Medicals, Day 2 Amber Fully vaccinated test. £28.00 inc delivery and return priority postage. Seems like a bargain, I hope I've got it right !
<Broken link removed>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back