pacman
Jun 26, 2020
Dunfermline, Fife
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral SL
Exp
Always a Newbie
That’s ridiculous! The vans might not be visited to check or use them for months at a time. I would have thought in this digital age six months should be easy to do.
With 16 cameras running 24/7 a huge amount of data needs to be stored. He is already running two large servers

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
With 16 cameras running 24/7 a huge amount of data needs to be stored. He is already running two large servers
Fair enough, but, in this day and age, having ‘motion/infra-red detection’ cameras would save a huge amount of storage……… :unsure:

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Yeah, despite the size and low cost of disk storeage these days, a camera set to record at 1080p resolution and 15 fps, 1TB of storage can last approximately 30 to 45 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
That may be so but sad to say it doesn’t do you any good to find the answer.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
That’s ridiculous! The vans might not be visited to check or use them for months at a time. I would have thought in this digital age six months should be easy to do.
The rules governing the operation of cctv systems are actually pretty strict.
They have to delete all footage at between 14 -31 days .
Low risk site like storage would be expected to delete @14 days just as they are doing.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The rules governing the operation of cctv systems are actually pretty strict.
They have to delete all footage at between 14 -31 days .
Low risk site like storage would be expected to delete @14 days just as they are doing.
Knowing that if I had an expensive van in storage it would mean a visit at least every fortnight

You are a font of knowledge

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Knowing that if I had an expensive van in storage it would mean a visit at least every fortnight

You are a font of knowledge
I wouldn’t let it worry you as has already been said by someone, storage places don’t insure the vehicles , caravans, boats etc left with them , normally they are only covered by the owner’s insurance.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I wouldn’t let it worry you as has already been said by someone, storage places don’t insure the vehicles , caravans, boats etc left with them , normally they are only covered by the owner’s insurance.
You've seen my van it's not mega expensive and it lives on the drive.

But thanks I'm surevthere are many who do not realise these places do not insure the vans.

But thinking about it just look at how many are parked there add do the sums scarey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back