Council tax for Motorhome on Drive!!!! (1 Viewer)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
well i fell for that hook, line and sinker, 'tis just a spoof from our leader Jim isn't it..
just realised the date..

was just sitting in my garden doorway on a 12 week shielding cocoonment smelling and almost drooling at the bacon frying at a neighbours somewhere here and hoping the cavalry will arrive sometime soon to replenish rations as it's a bit mother hubbard here, and thinking bugger, another thing to try and stop us old and knackered smiling..

thank you though for my first big smile of the day..(y):smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sorry if I deleted your post, I wanted to keep it going as long as possible. That was going in the April Magazine, but as that is a week late at least; it would have looked a bit foolish. :D
You do like a good patition your not the only that fell for it :rofl:
bill

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What a fab idea Jim. I wonder how many new members you'll get from your post on FB now. Be interested to know how many hits you get today. Love it! :giggler:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I believe it is going to be called the Lipra 1 Tax!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We’ve seen advance notice of plans where an increase Council tax is proposed for anyone who has motorhome parked on their drive. Bizarrely only motorhomes are mentioned and it looks like caravans will escape this new stealth tax.

We knew they were going to have to claw money back somehow and the Government in its wisdom is going to include motorhomes as an annexe to the property which could add around £35/45 a month to the average council tax bill.

I've been told this tax will be automatically applied via calculations made from the Motor Insurers Database. When you tell your insurer that the motorhome is stored on your drive, somehow this will automatically link up with central council tax records. So if you tell them you keep it on your drive you might want to reconsider.

As I understand it. We will be able to obtain partial refunds but only if the motorhome is parked away from home for longer than 30 continuous days.
Frankly, this is ridiculous. The big motorhome clubs received the same letters about this tax as us but as yet have not gone public. All the clubs should band together to fight this, but as yet I can’t get them to even comment.

I know there are more important things happening right now but It is imperative that we get the ball rolling quickly, we can’t just leave this to the big clubs as they will likely just rollover to the demand

To this end I have started a petition and would encourage all motorhome owners to sign it ASAP Many thanks Stop The Motorhome Council Tax
Nice one, you nearly hooked me in.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Our council are going yo tax us on wealth. If we use more than 3 pieces of toilet paper per flush then we are considered wealthy.
Must cut my finger nails and plant some cabbage.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Big things have small beginnings Jim, you have now sown the seed, just needs a council official to take it on board. Personally its a great idea, why not pay extra for having the convenience of extra living accommodation on your driveway. :unsure: (y)

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Yes I fell for it too, ? but it wouldn't have surprised me at all after the recent fiasco road tax increase for new vans!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back