Cortijo San Miguel Nerja. (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2019
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 99 plus
Exp
since 2019
Spent a rather pleasant 4 days here. Very relaxing site with lots of banana plants, avocados and other exotic flora and fauna. At the time of us staying I would have put the clientele at around 60 years of age, with a nice mix of Northern Europeans. Beach is a 5 minute bumble with the town 1 km from the beach. Town is very nice with lots of backstreet bars and restaurants. Lots of mountain walks available too. Cost us 27Euro a night with 2 dogs. Bit expensive but we were happy there. Best news was that if we stayed for a month it would be 350 plus 50 for electric. So we are going back in Jan for a month!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Spent a rather pleasant 4 days here. Very relaxing site with lots of banana plants, avocados and other exotic flora and fauna. At the time of us staying I would have put the clientele at around 60 years of age, with a nice mix of Northern Europeans. Beach is a 5 minute bumble with the town 1 km from the beach. Town is very nice with lots of backstreet bars and restaurants. Lots of mountain walks available too. Cost us 27Euro a night with 2 dogs. Bit expensive but we were happy there. Best news was that if we stayed for a month it would be 350 plus 50 for electric. So we are going back in Jan for a month!
Was there in Oct,, we were lucky got a sunny pitch,,,some very dark shady ones.Thought it was very overpriced short term..Nerca pleasant very British resort..Doubt we will return.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We've also stayed there on the recommendation of some friends we met in Spain. They said it was one of their favourite sites - we hated it! Different strokes for different folks eh?
Spoke to a couple of Brits who do 6 months there,,,Good job we are all different,,2 nights was long enough in Nerca for me ,,nice town but an hour and you have seen it.. BUSBY.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Was there in Oct,, we were lucky got a sunny pitch,,,some very dark shady ones.Thought it was very overpriced short term..Nerca pleasant very British resort..Doubt we will return.BUSBY.
Interesting comment,I may be wrong but I understood the Council to have a strong German representation. Although since they like Beer the atmosphere will be similar.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Interesting comment,I may be wrong but I understood the Council to have a strong German representation. Although since they like Beer the atmosphere will be similar.
Torrox Costa - next town along westward - is very Germanic. Nerja has a lot of Brit & Irish bars + curry houses. Almuñécar - next town eastwards - is mainly Spanish and, as it is just in Granada province, has the tradition of free tapas with drinks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've stayed at that site, it is expensive but it was the noisy peacocks next door in the garden centre which drove us away! It is very popular with north Europeans, we only just got in. MH service point was poorly designed. We used buckets to empty the grey waste. :)

OP
OP
ChazandZoe
Sep 11, 2019
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 99 plus
Exp
since 2019
Been here for 2 weeks, another 2 to go before we meander up to Bilbao to get the ferry. The site is having a good old tidy and freshen up and is mostly full, lots of Swedish and Scandinavian types, mostly friendly and communicative. Weather has been stonking (apart from the last 24 hours!) The time has given me an opportunity to think about the 3 times I have dinked our pride and joy. I have had no snags driving France and Spain and tight little aires and campsites. I hired a villa in estepona for Christmas and was told I could drive straight in, so I did and caught the awning surround on a sticky outy terracotta turret on one of the gates, result big graze about 18 inches long. As I extracted myself off the turret the other side then caught on a sticky outy tree (subsequently chopped back so I could get out!), result was a 3 inch hole in the roof. Finally on route to Nerja, I missed the turn to Lidl and reversed in a big side road and dinged the waste tank, result was I knocked the waste emptying screw cap and crumpled the tank and put a big c shaped crack in it. Felt particularly stupid doing that! I have managed a repair by bolting plates around the crack to draw them together and liberally applying black polymer sticky stuff to the area which is holding nicely until I get home. I hope this is the final dink and don't have to carry out anymore battle damage repairs!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Been here for 2 weeks, another 2 to go before we meander up to Bilbao to get the ferry. The site is having a good old tidy and freshen up and is mostly full, lots of Swedish and Scandinavian types, mostly friendly and communicative. Weather has been stonking (apart from the last 24 hours!) The time has given me an opportunity to think about the 3 times I have dinked our pride and joy. I have had no snags driving France and Spain and tight little aires and campsites. I hired a villa in estepona for Christmas and was told I could drive straight in, so I did and caught the awning surround on a sticky outy terracotta turret on one of the gates, result big graze about 18 inches long. As I extracted myself off the turret the other side then caught on a sticky outy tree (subsequently chopped back so I could get out!), result was a 3 inch hole in the roof. Finally on route to Nerja, I missed the turn to Lidl and reversed in a big side road and dinged the waste tank, result was I knocked the waste emptying screw cap and crumpled the tank and put a big c shaped crack in it. Felt particularly stupid doing that! I have managed a repair by bolting plates around the crack to draw them together and liberally applying black polymer sticky stuff to the area which is holding nicely until I get home. I hope this is the final dink and don't have to carry out anymore battle damage repairs!
Number one lesson,,Do not reverse until your better half gets out and goes to the rear of the van to watch you manoeuvre.. Make sure she is standing on the o/s and you can see her clearly in your mirrors.BUSBY.

OP
OP
ChazandZoe
Sep 11, 2019
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 99 plus
Exp
since 2019
Fair one Busby, I would agree heartily, but on this occasion she would have seen the back end swing nicely over the pavement causing nobody any hassle and been as surprised as I was to hear the loud 'doof' as the waste tank hit the kerb!

mrwexpress

Free Member
Sep 27, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Caravan at the mo
Exp
Since 2010

Sorry to hear about your little scrapes, we met you at nerja in December. What a great little site, we're currently planning a month stay there for winter 2020/2021.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Love Nerja, currently on Lidl’s car park, Nerja for the night with sea view?
The car park even has designated MH parking.

There is a large car park in town with loads of MH parking overnight. Spoke to the parking warden and he quoted 1 Euro for 24 hrs parking. Had to ask him twice as thought I had misunderstood him. I am a typical FLT.

There is a petrol station up by Lidl’s for all your waste, 1 Euro to fill up with water. There is a launderette, dog wash bath and excellent restaurant

I would say Nerja is one of the best towns we have visited so far in Spain. Horses for courses.

PS and it is baking here today

OP
OP
ChazandZoe
Sep 11, 2019
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 99 plus
Exp
since 2019
Toady, glad you are enjoying Nerja. We too think it is one of the better towns along this coast and have had a great few weeks here. We are leaving here on the 6th Feb to bimble back to Bilbao and then back to Falmouth. The weather has been great apart from a couple of days of storms. There is a great paella restaurant on Burriana beach that you can have as much as you want overlooking a fantastic beach. Tuesday is market day in Nerja and it is not a bad market, trinkets, pottery, clothes and fresh fruit and veg, not too much plastic rubbish. There are a lot of MH on the car parks on Playazo beach, they are free and people use the servicios cabins for waste disposal. Chiringuito Mauri is a great restaurant on the beach. The sun looks as it is here to stay for a while, so hope you will continue to have a great stay.

OP
OP
ChazandZoe
Sep 11, 2019
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 99 plus
Exp
since 2019
Sorry to hear about your little scrapes, we met you at nerja in December. What a great little site, we're currently planning a month stay there for winter 2020/2021.
It's a great site, I know people have different views on it, there are no peacocks anymore. We have had sun and relaxation and great food. Might see you back here!

Reactions: f6c
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Toady, glad you are enjoying Nerja. We too think it is one of the better towns along this coast and have had a great few weeks here. We are leaving here on the 6th Feb to bimble back to Bilbao and then back to Falmouth. The weather has been great apart from a couple of days of storms. There is a great paella restaurant on Burriana beach that you can have as much as you want overlooking a fantastic beach. Tuesday is market day in Nerja and it is not a bad market, trinkets, pottery, clothes and fresh fruit and veg, not too much plastic rubbish. There are a lot of MH on the car parks on Playazo beach, they are free and people use the servicios cabins for waste disposal. Chiringuito Mauri is a great restaurant on the beach. The sun looks as it is here to stay for a while, so hope you will continue to have a great stay.
Hi guys,
Thanks for the advice regarding restaurants, market etc.
Parked up overlooking the beach just outside Nerja. Absolutely stunning day.
Enjoy your stay
Toady

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back