MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
The virus is only spread by people travelling.

i understand the virus is spread by contact, people travelling and keeping themselves to themselves has not yet been identified as the cause of spreading the disease. i may be wrong of course !!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
They could all stay at home, like they have been advised to do by the government.
Im sure it wont be long before travel restrictions are put in place like they are in most of Europe now in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus.
The virus is only spread by people travelling.
They could argue what home, the one in Cornwall is their home.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They could argue what home, the one in Cornwall is their home.
Its their second home, and stay, doesnt mean travel.
The first CV case in Finistere, the department next to us, was caused by a woman from Paris travelling to see her Father. She gave him the visus and now it has spread to others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
i understand the virus is spread by contact, people travelling and keeping themselves to themselves has not yet been identified as the cause of spreading the disease. i may be wrong of course !!
Correct, but the contact is only spread from people who have travelled and brought the virus with them, so, they cant be keeping themselves to themselves. The virus doesnt spread itself, it needs carriers....

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
Correct, but the contact is only spread from people who have travelled and brought the virus with them, so, they cant be keeping themselves to themselves. The virus doesnt spread itself, it needs carriers....

Quite right, if it was nothing to do with travel, the virus would still be contained in China!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I wonder how many contractors have been and are working elsewhere but living in Cornwall. I guess that they would be refused treatment as they should not leave Cornwall and take jobs from people in other parts of the country. Where does it stop, or is Cornwall more entitled. It’s not really going to happen.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Whatever people deem as their main home, just stay there, dont travel back & forth for the reasons that we should all realise by now is "Best Advice"
Paying council tax on a second home, is no justification IMHO to potentially risk the health of others by travelling to rural areas with many elderly vulnerable people living there full time as its their home.
Fortunately,I dont make the rules, but unlike some, I will follow them as this virus is a lot more serious than many realise.

LES

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Don’t let us fall out over this. We all want to live. The government could slow county swapping by one vehicle one person. As in Spain. Friends just WhatsApp me they face a 300€ fine if caught☹️ With more than 1 in a car. Don’t know how they get on if driving someone to hospital.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
So if Cornwall is allowed to refuse entry are we in Norfolk allowed to clear everyone out who doesn’t live here fulltime or is working here but residence elsewhere ?

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
I wonder how many contractors have been and are working elsewhere but living in Cornwall. I guess that they would be refused treatment as they should not leave Cornwall and take jobs from people in other parts of the country. Where does it stop, or is Cornwall more entitled. It’s not really going to happen.

You’re making this very complicated. It’s quite simple. People have been advised not to travel. Cornwall is relatively isolated, has only one general hospital and limited ICU facilities - people arriving in large numbers who’ve been grubbing around on congested trains, tubes and buses in a Coronavirus hotspot clearly present an increased risk. They have the option to stay where they are, socially isolate (like the rest of us) and do their bit to contain this epidemic. That way more of us get to enjoy ourselves in Cornwall in the future rather than being dead because the NHS facilities are overwhelmed by people who don’t need to be here and who have been specifically asked not to.

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
So if Cornwall is allowed to refuse entry are we in Norfolk allowed to clear everyone out who doesn’t live here fulltime or is working here but residence elsewhere ?

and of course no-one in cornwall will be leaving cornwall to work elsewhere will they .....

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Serious concerns in Scotland too, the highlands and islands have very limited facilities for their own people never mind having to cope with sick visitors who have ignored instructions not to travel. I asked a camper group on FB to stop travelling in their vans and was told to F***k off..

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
You’re making this very complicated. It’s quite simple. People have been advised not to travel. Cornwall is relatively isolated, has only one general hospital and limited ICU facilities - people arriving in large numbers who’ve been grubbing around on congested trains, tubes and buses in a Coronavirus hotspot clearly present an increased risk. They have the option to stay where they are, socially isolate (like the rest of us) and do their bit to contain this epidemic. That way more of us get to enjoy ourselves in Cornwall in the future rather than being dead because the NHS facilities are overwhelmed by people who do not have to be here!

how many people who have been advised not to smoke in cornwall still do and create an unneccessary burden ?

are they stopping train services into cornwall? are they stopping buses crossing the Tamar Bridge with passengers on them?

People in Cornwall dont own the resources of the NHS, if you were independant, would you have the money to pay for your own NHS. Does the rest of the UK subsidise any of Cornwalls services, roads etc?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
An alternative view. the community of Cornwall and lots of other places are quite happy to have the visitors during the summer. They also cope in ensuring that there are enough foodstuffs and 'stuff' available to encourage the visitors and are constantly looking for ways to extend the season and attract more visitors. so there should be no problem with foodstuffs and groceries etc.

The NHS also allow you to choose to have an operation/surgery at the hospital of your choice, i wonder if any people from Cornwall have ever gone outside of Cornwall and sought treatment? I also have the right to be treated at any hospital if i become ill.

Static van owners, second home owners will all pay 'something' towards council tax - whether in site fees or actual council tax, so those people also have a right to spend time there! Those in the service industry will profit from the extra income as will shops that are allowed to stay open.

i'm not sure if people in Cornwall are aware, but the NHS have to facilities to move patients from one hospital to another, if there were to be a national disaster of some sort in Cornwall, would people from Cornwall be moved to other locations/hospitals etc?

I live in Clacton on Sea, we have a large amount of holiday homes (statics) that are now occupied by 'incomers' - they are trying to find a way of dealing with the current situation, can anyone blame them wanting to do that?
Not relevant.. you are quoting pre CV to post CV. Yes we all welcome tourists and holiday makers... after all that's why we are here.. but not if you going to kill us (Or is that murder or manslaughter) Yes I know you say you CV free..... BUT ARE YOU SURE 100% SURE OR JUST THINK YOU ARE.. SELFISH PEOPLE WHO DON'T GIVE A S--T ABOUT OTHERS.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Not relevant.. you are quoting pre CV to post CV. Yes we all welcome tourists and holiday makers... after all that's why we are here.. but not if you going to kill us (Or is that murder or manslaughter) Yes I know you say you CV free..... BUT ARE YOU SURE 100% SURE OR JUST THINK YOU ARE.. SELFISH PEOPLE WHO DON'T GIVE A S--T ABOUT OTHERS.

what makes you the arbitrator of relevance to the discussion? if you disagree with someones position then put forward a competent argument. i have considered all the points put forward and have an alternative competent position to most of them.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
:doh: I refer you to my signature

ahh, right, now i understand. you are always right and that must mean that those who disagree must be wrong

perhaps the two types of people are those who are right because they say so and those who are wrong because they are told so by the self righteous?

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
what makes you the arbitrator of relevance to the discussion? if you disagree with someones position then put forward a competent argument. i have considered all the points put forward and have an alternative competent position to most of them.
With a statement like that.. which incidentally I didnae understand... and believe me I ain't no thiko... you must be a solicitor????

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
With a statement like that.. which incidentally I didnae understand... and believe me I ain't no thiko... you must be a solicitor????
lol, no.

i do have quite a lot of experience in Emergency Planning in a previous life which makes me question things that dont make sense, in the words of Monty Python, it sometimes hurts my brain LOL

i am now going for a lie down ...... happy in the knowledge we can agree to disagree. best wishes

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
As I said earlier I expect some holiday homes to spontaneously combust in coming weeks. And based on some of the comments on here I wouldn't blame the locals if they stood by and clapped at these little accidents.

Oh Please! They have 12 ICU machines for the whole county.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Blimey if we stopped everyone who did not live in London it would be empty. And no nursing staff all are welcome as far as i am concerned

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Out of interest I wonder how many other countries have, or per head of population.
Meant counties.

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
how many people who have been advised not to smoke in cornwall still do and create an unneccessary burden ?

are they stopping train services into cornwall? are they stopping buses crossing the Tamar Bridge with passengers on them?

People in Cornwall dont own the resources of the NHS, if you were independant, would you have the money to pay for your own NHS. Does the rest of the UK subsidise any of Cornwalls services, roads etc?
The threads not about smoking ( which isn’t a virus), or independence or buses or bridges, it’s about the genuine concerns of local Cornish people towards the irresponsible attitude of those willing to ignore governments advice and stay at home. They are travelling to an area where they probably have second homes and some will carry the virus with them, however careful they think they are, at a time when we are all supposed to helping and looking out for each other. Their actions could cause a further spread of the virus and create a demand on the health services in the area that they can ill afford to cope with.
In times of a National Crisis, we should all be thinking of others and pulling together.

Deleted User
The threads not about smoking ( which isn’t a virus), or independence or buses or bridges, it’s about the genuine concerns of local Cornish people towards the irresponsible attitude of those willing to ignore governments advice and stay at home. They are travelling to an area where they probably have second homes and some will carry the virus with them, however careful they think they are, at a time when we are all supposed to helping and looking out for each other. Their actions could cause a further spread of the virus and create a demand on the health services in the area that they can ill afford to cope with.
In times of a National Crisis, we should all be thinking of others and pulling together.

Of course an alternate opinion is that if the city dwellers stay in the city, they are more likely to contract the disease, once the city hospitals are full, the NHS will utilise the hospitals that are not full.

If that’s Cornwall.............

Maybe emptying the cities and spreading out the infected, getting them to socially distance from each other is the solution to less cases.

None of really know

?‍♂️

What is becoming clear, is that socially everyone classes everyone else as selfish. Maybe we all are

Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Anyone got a link to UK govt advice to avoid travel other than overseas, or using public transport in the UK? Because I can’t find any. There is advice that ‘going for a drive’ is an OK pastime for those who are socially isolating...

Deleted User
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Who is going to tell the queen that she’s got a big house in London and should stay there, not at one of her holiday homes around the country.
Think (obviously may be wrong)she already said she be staying in Buck Hoose..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back