Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All, just got back from a wonderful week parked up in the Corfe Castle site - beautiful. Pheasants strolling around, deer in the adjacent fields, hawks and badgers nearby. Some fantastic walks with Corfe village just a short walk along a hillside pathway - the long distance scenery was breath-taking.
The steam train calls at Corfe and is all done as in period. Greyhound pub, dog friendly, mahoosive beer garden and good food (if not a little pricey). The Castle ruin itself is stunning with a bit of merry ole jousting and traditional merriment going on.
This site is great for a central few days break, Durdle door not far as is Lullworth cove, Monkey World, the Tank museum and Swanage which is still in the old days which was really nice.
People at the site where great and the facilities were spot on - even a fish and chip van turns up on Friday's.
Weather was excellent for nearly the whole week with a nice breeze.

Regards,

Trikeman.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just love that site you can catch a bus or train into Swanage or a bus to Poole to visit brownsea island.or just chill out in a beautiful site with some stunning walks.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Great! Haven't been to Corfe for a good many years - but sounds as if neither it nor Swanage have changed.

First time I went in the Greyhound was Easter Monday - 12th April, 1971. I had a roast pork and stuffing sandwich with crackling on the side, with my half of lager and lime, for lunch. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Been in there stacks of times since.

Amazing what comes back to you after all those years, isn't it? But I have to add maybe the fact I'd only been married for 2 days helps that? LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Was there in March.. Walk to Studland bay and caught the bus back. nice scone in the trust cafe.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We go there 2-3 times a year, there again with family in July.

Fantastic owners, it is a franchised CC&C site, they go that extra mile.

You can walk to the sea, about 6 - 7 miles, walk to Swanage and the seafront, 6 miles and Wareham 6 miles as well as into Corfe Caste. 1.5 miles.

Cycling is hilly but good.

One of our very favourite sites

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back