Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
The stripes on the rear panel have.....what I can only describe as faded water marks on them.I've tried alsorts to "bring them back" but to no avail:cry:.
They literally look like an acid rain has been poured down them........My suspicion is that the motorhome roof hadn't been cared for and when it rained all the s*** and gunge that was up there ran over the edge and stained the decals.
The last time I was at Southdown I did notice that this "staining " seemed quite common on some of the Concordes.:(
I've bitten the bullet and ordered new ones.....Gonna be fun fitting them as they come on one big sheet !!!!
According to Andy at Southdown.....the hardest job is getting the old ones off !!!!
Looks like my wife's hair dryer is going missing for a few days !.
I'll take some photos of before and after when I get around to fitting them next week !!!!.....Might be of interest to somebody !!!(y)
Wish me luck !!!:LOL:.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
:LOL:good luck(y) I have noticed some going a bit faded and wondered if people used TFR when cleaning, blue not the best of colours for longevity I think, I also see a lot of Concorde with the model lettering peeling and falling off when I mentioned this to a dealer they said they hadn't noticed so I just pointed to some of their stock used vehicles.

When a friend of ours had his Clou liner fitted with new graphics they cut them slightly larger so that they would cover the mark when the old ones came off, his was done at a printshop in Polch (Germany) that does all the N+B factory work.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The stripes on the rear panel have.....what I can only describe as faded water marks on them.I've tried alsorts to "bring them back" but to no avail:cry:.
They literally look like an acid rain has been poured down them........My suspicion is that the motorhome roof hadn't been cared for and when it rained all the s*** and gunge that was up there ran over the edge and stained the decals.
The last time I was at Southdown I did notice that this "staining " seemed quite common on some of the Concordes.:(
I've bitten the bullet and ordered new ones.....Gonna be fun fitting them as they come on one big sheet !!!!
According to Andy at Southdown.....the hardest job is getting the old ones off !!!!
Looks like my wife's hair dryer is going missing for a few days !.
I'll take some photos of before and after when I get around to fitting them next week !!!!.....Might be of interest to somebody !!!(y)
Wish me luck !!!:LOL:.
You mean you got one of the most expensive Europeans and it has sticky back plastic and not full body paint?:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
:LOL:good luck(y) I have noticed some going a bit faded and wondered if people used TFR when cleaning, blue not the best of colours for longevity I think, I also see a lot of Concorde with the model lettering peeling and falling off when I mentioned this to a dealer they said they hadn't noticed so I just pointed to some of their stock used vehicles.

When a friend of ours had his Clou liner fitted with new graphics they cut them slightly larger so that they would cover the mark when the old ones came off, his was done at a printshop in Polch (Germany) that does all the N+B factory work.

Martin
Interestingly that's pretty much what happened to our Flair it was new 2011 but at 2014 I had to have them replaced, admittedly the MH spent the best part of its life all along the Med and though the Decals hadn't lifted they we're seriously faded.
Brian

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
You mean you got one of the most expensive Europeans and it has sticky back plastic and not full body paint?:LOL:

I'm afraid so Michael!!!....This is what happens when you can't afford brand new one:cry::D.......I'll just have to plod on with my old girl !!!!;)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not many Europeans with "full paint" VARIOmobil do and I guess Volkner but that is as much to do with how they are built as it is to the "top end" nature of the product.

Martin

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
These are the grey stripes on the back Martin.The blue stripes are paint !!!(y).
According to Southdown the original owner had stripes put on as an extra,.........Apparently the front grill on the Concordes are white but mine is grey.
My vehicle was then owned by a motor cycle race team who ought to have washed her more than they did:mad:.........She's in safe hands now though !;).
The grill will be re sprayed at the end of the month..........
The photos don't show the marks too well but I know they're there so they need to be put right !!!!...OCD rules ok !!!:LOL:

DSCF1381.JPG

DSCF1495.JPG

After I've fitted the new decals I was thinking of a couple of coats of Colonite wax..
...What do you think ?(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Here you go Michael, Maurer from Switzerland. There is an American guy on the stand at Dusseldorf he comes every year just to help his mate out, he usually has time for a chat and he shows us around whatever they have, all hand built bespoke of course.

2887.jpg

The matching trailer had a Maserati in it(y)

2881.jpg

And if you are going to have a Harley it has to match the van, doesn't it?

Martin

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
The problem with most motorhome decals is they are not laminated and at best good for 3 or 4 years, the UV in sunlight causes them to fade as well as all the chemicals in washes etc. I use 5-7 yer vinyl which is about as good as you can get but will still fade after time outdoors. Another problem is the sunlight will affect the motorhome panels themselves and if you remove the decals then the paintwork underneath will be a different shade.
This is my own design Harley decal but the painter only wanted to use them as a template and hand painted them before a million coats of laquer, the finish was like glass with no edges to feel.

Attachments

• DSC_0983.JPG
    DSC_0983.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 49

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
These are the grey stripes on the back Martin.The blue stripes are paint !!!(y).
According to Southdown the original owner had stripes put on as an extra,.........Apparently the front grill on the Concordes are white but mine is grey.
My vehicle was then owned by a motor cycle race team who ought to have washed her more than they did:mad:.........She's in safe hands now though !;).
The photos don't show the marks too well but I know they're there so they need to be put right !!!!...OCD rules ok !!!:LOL:

View attachment 162884
View attachment 162890

After I've fitted the new decals I was thinking of a couple of coats of Colonite wax..
I thought the rear stripes were pretty standard actually, this is our friends D-liner, the front grill is white, although I have seen them painted black/blue/grey or whatever it is.
DSC00094.jpg

Never used Colonise wax but I know it has some fans on here, if its on the graphics I guess the usual try a tester first would apply.

Martin

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

View attachment 162884
View attachment 162890

Definately needs a polish John :whistle:;)

OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Thats about right Martin.....I think the rear of the Carver model doesn't have as many stripes but the Charisma,Liner etc has the nine stripes.
I must admit.....when I started investigating I honestly thought they were painted,closer inspection revealed decals.
Not too bothered if the paintwork underneath is a slightly different colour......The new decals will cover the original paintwork.
Thats the theory anyway.:LOL:.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Good to see you back !!!!!!.......I think !!!!!!:rofl:.

Hope you are both keeping well.(y).

I'm ok thanks John, but Management has had a rough few months, ever since we got back from Twin Lakes. And, on Good Friday night we lost Lady Faith, but she almost made 14 yrs which was a grand age for a Cavalier. :cry: Other than that, the :inlove: Winnebago :inlove: continues on. :)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sorry for interrupting this thread...

Sad to hear Mike @SuperMike ..... I know how much Lady Faith meant to both of you... :crying1:

Right now Mr Pengers....

To remove the old decals most effectively...

You need to brush on some of this..

And to be honest.......... I think you are wasting our money putting new Decals on.. :lipssealed:

You will find the "New Decals" are made to metric...

And your vehicle was slung together using the "Imperial" measurements..

So the new wont cover the faded marks and paint loss from the Nitromors...:nod: :smirk: :shake:

Just saying... :giggler:

Larry told me to write all that crap... :wink:

Saint76

Free Member
Jan 10, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8years
Have just read threw the thread and see that old-mo has recommended the use of Nitro Mors paint remover.
Is this a good idea /has it been used without causing any damage,as have always used hot air gun on a low heat 2-3 inches away from vehicle body work.
lifts vehicle decals easily along with most of the adhesive.
Have to add only done it on our own panel van when we came to sell it

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Have just read threw the thread and see that old-mo has recommended the use of Nitro Mors paint remover.
Is this a good idea /has it been used without causing any damage,as have always used hot air gun on a low heat 2-3 inches away from vehicle body work.
lifts vehicle decals easily along with most of the adhesive.
Have to add only done it on our own panel van when we came to sell it
I think it was a joke? But you are right about the hot air gun.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Indeed, take no notice of the old fool. :rolleyes:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Im reliably informed that the best way to remove decals from any vehicle is with a steamer. Talk to David @manda3000gt (RS Valetting), he often often removes company decals from Irizar coaches before they are resold to new owners who require new livery.

We are currently in the Netherlands and may call at Alpha Motorhomes in Temse Belgium on our way back to the Tunnel, to enquire how much a new set of decals for our Concorde would cost. Doubtless they would have to order them from the factory in Schlüsselfeld.

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnpengers

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Morning all......Thank you for all your advise........Good to have you back Mo !!!!!:p.
Just wondering Mo........I saw that one of your stripes on your new bread van was peeling:(.As you know I'm not far away so I'll nip down with my Nitromores,Metal scraper and hot air gun to sort it for you.........Thats what good mates do!!!!!:LOL:
Sorry to hear about lady Faith Mike........She was better behaved than you !!!!!:LOL:.Also hope Sue is on the best side(y).
Just to get the thread back on track after being rudely hijacked:LOL::LOL::LOL:.
The rear stripes cost me £200 !!!!!.........Shuda bought a winnibago me thinks.......Coulda got a whole one for £200:p.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
The rear stripes cost me £200 !!!!!.........Shuda bought a winnibago me thinks.......Coulda got a whole one for £200:p.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rollingeyes:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I think you could approach a third party graphics company who would replicate the originals for a lot less than dear old Southdowns charged you. :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back