Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just bought a new Chausson 610 flash - can anyone advise me on the following points, the booklet I was supplied isn't good at all;-

1. To drain off the water tanks - what is the best way of doing this ? I can only see a valve right underneath? I opened both outlets and switched the pump on - but not sure that was correct
2. Webasto heating- does it run off both Diesel and hook up electric- if so where is the switch to move from one to another ?
3. Where so I manually use the crank for the electric bad?

Thank you for your help

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
hi Nutz. welcome. no experience of your van myself. someone will be along shortly who has.
did you not have a handover from the dealer?

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes I dd , but some points were and still are vague- thanks for your answer
This is all new to me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:
Might not be a lot of help to you, but we had a new Chausson Flash (S2) back in 2010. Before we picked it up the dealer had made a small modification (without our requesting it) to assist with draining the fresh water tank. They put a drainage pipe that ended at the side of the van with a small tap on the end that was very convenient.

The hot water boiler had it's own internal drain-down tap as standard, and the water just ran out under the van.

We only ran the pump for a short time with the taps open, after both the fresh water and boiler tanks had been emptied to avoid the risk of water freezing anywhere in the plumbing. Outside winter, we didn't bother running the taps - just drained the fresh water tank if not going to be used for a while.

The waste water tank had a sluice gate under the van, with a lever at the side of the van to operate it. So needed a drive-over drain really to empty it.

Our heating was blown air running on diesel, and the hot water boiler only operated on gas - they were both independent of each other and no provision for using mains electric on either.

Can't assist with info re operation of the bed unfortunately, because ours was completely different.

Enjoy your new motorhome! (y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi and welcome to the site..
I have a chausson 620 on a 16 plate so may be similar
my fresh water tank has two drains one operated by a valve that drains the tank to a level they recommend for travelling with... the drain that empties the tank is a pipe with a blank push fit connector on the end... it exits on the off side by the step..
if your heater is the webasto air top and is just for heating I don't think it will have any facility to heat the van using 230v
the manual crank for the beds can be at the side of the bed and usually visible by a bulge in the plastic moulding or if its like mine there is a removable plastic cover in the middle at the front by the built in lights... if that is removed you will see the motor... the end of the motor will have a fitting to take the hexagonal winder..
Andy

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Mikebeaches
The garage is now saying they could fit a tap underneath - only wished they had done so - like your garage- thanks - all exciting stuff

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Andy - very helpful
The drain off is about 600mm underneath the van and seems a very fiddly thing to have to do - the garage is now saying they could fit a tap to it

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The drain off is about 600mm underneath the van and seems a very fiddly thing to have to do - the garage is now saying they could fit a tap to it
well if like mine a tap would be convenient not least because im likely to loose the push fit plug:LOL:
but it is easily reached as it is routed out to the plastic sill..
Andy

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Andy
Yeah its not great
The manual booklet supplied is the more informative document at all
However I do like it (the first trip last weekend) - do you like yours
Thanks again Allan

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Our Chausson had a waste pipe that was very inconvenient and the end of the pipe ran water down your arm when you opened it.

Martin made an extension bit that allowed us to drain the tank either side or at the back of the van - just standard plumbing parts, lightweight and we carried them in the garage. Had we kept that van he would have made a better drain valve.

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey - thanks Paddleduck - seems to be an issue with them
Did you like your Chausson, what have you bought now
Thanks again for your reply

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome Allan
Hope you have many happy trips in your new MH!:welc:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just to answer the question you didn't ask me - rather it was directed to Puddleduck - we loved our Chausson! Owned it for five years, went to the continent at least twice a year and travelled all over. Also the Scottish islands, including the Outer Hebrides. It was great fun and never let us down.

One of the main reasons for changing it was that we wanted an automatic gearbox. So now we've got a Rapido V68 van conversion, which is also very good.

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Mikebeaches
I think I will like mine too- I am planning on travelling through Europe for 3 months at a time - looking forward to it

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
We have a 510 . We found a small handle in our bag of goddies that came with the van which is for the electric bed. I have been told, that the opening for it is up the side of the bed next to the nearside window. That would fit with were the elecric motor is. Useful to hear of other possible places as nothing in the handbooks at all.

Hope i never have to use it as by the time the bed is down, it will be the morning!

Love the van , suits us, 8k first year , scotland, norfolk,and NSpain.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
You should also have an automatic dump valve probably in the garage that drop the water from the boiler if the temperature drops to freezing.

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi AX
I was looking at the 510- they are well fitted out, the only thing I required was the garage for bikes etc.....only had one out so far and it was great - they only downside was draining out the water last weekend..
I plan to spend 3 months next year touring Spain and France
thanks again -Allan

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Our 718 has an auto dump valve on the water heater that opens when it gets to around 3 degrees. I ususally open it manually when it goes to storage anyway though. The main water tank is drained from a valve in the Tecnibox on the passenger side.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

I did like the Chausson (a WS Welcome) and we would have kept it except we now have 2 Grandchildren and we found the sitting area and the galley a bit small. We now have a SunLiving (Adria) which is a metre longer than the Chausson with the extra length mostly in the dinnette area. the shower is smaller than the Chausson (better shower and bathroom fittings in the Chausson) but the extra space is in a better galley. It's all a compromise and the compromises you make depend on your situation at the time.

In the Chausson when Stephen went to bed we had to go to bed, in the SunLiving he can go to bed and we can still use the van. the Chausson was 3 adult or 2 adult + 2 small children's berths. the SunLiving has 3 double berths.

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Christoph
I was meaning in storage - its a silly blanking plug with a blue 'c' clip - I will fit a 15mm isolation valve to it as suggested previously.
thanks
Do you like your Chausson, i look at your model, I was just trying to keep the length down to 6.5 (ish)

OP
OP
N

Nutz1

Free Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 flash
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Puddleduck
I can see the sleeping arrangements could be an issue too

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
do you like yours
Sorry I missed your question... but yes I like it well enough and feel lucky to be able to have it...
That doesn' stop me having a good old whinge now and then at some (many) shortcomings I see in them... but that' just me... it' a great life . And I hope you get years of pleasure from yours...
Andy.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Yes I like it very much and to be honest the 7.4m length has never been an issue for me. The island bed and large garage more than compensate for the extra length. The long arm mirrors are another matter!

As Andy said above I also feel very fortunate to own such a lovely thing.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hi Puddleduck
I can see the sleeping arrangements could be an issue too

Yes, we were only looking, intending to change the van in a year or two, thinking about what might come onto the secondhand market. This was at the NEC in 2015. We just didn't see anything better than what we already had until we saw the SunLiving. Then we got such a good deal and better trade in than expected so we signed up. The SunLiving brand has been relaunched since then but I prefer our van to the newer models.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back