Changed cab battery , now No Dash lights or Instruments ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 15, 2017
Stamford , Lincs.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750 FLC
Exp
Since 2015
After laying up Motorhome for 8 weeks battery had run dead flat , so took it off and fully charged it . It then started first time , but with No lights or Guages on the instrument panel, Head lights ,indicators & horn all work . Checked fuses there all ok . Any ideas why please or how to fix it .
Thanks !

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Do you need to have the ecu updated now .
as It could show all the bits that don’t work as a fault now due to the interruption and removal of the supply.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hobby Bob
Nov 15, 2017
Stamford , Lincs.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750 FLC
Exp
Since 2015
It’s a possibility , I watched a you tube guy reset his car buy disconnecting his battery connecting live and neutral with one jump lead and switching on his headlights to drain the computer . I tried this and it got the fuel, temp,Rev counter ,speedo all working again . But not the dash computer that shows milage ,what gear your in (auto) time date, auto cruise etc !
How do you go about updating ECU ?
Thanks Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
It’s a possibility , I watched a you tube guy reset his car buy disconnecting his battery connecting live and neutral with one jump lead and switching on his headlights to drain the computer . I tried this and it got the fuel, temp,Rev counter ,speedo all working again . But not the dash computer that shows milage ,what gear your in (auto) time date, auto cruise etc !
How do you go about updating ECU ?
Thanks Bob.
I think it could be a mobile mechanic and a computer thing.

I would find a local mobile mechanic and ask the question first. Tell them what’s happened and see what they tell you before you decide what to do.

in fact ring a few mobile mechanics …. If several say yes that’s the problem get a fixed price on the works.

also if this is the case can they guarantee they can fix it .

if not we’re have to keep searching for the answer.

I had a timing belt changed a year or so ago they disconnected the battery and needed a computer to reset the ecu as I had all sorts of warning lights that would not go out. Was not the Moho though

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hobby Bob
Nov 15, 2017
Stamford , Lincs.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750 FLC
Exp
Since 2015
After laying up Motorhome for 8 weeks battery had run dead flat , so took it off and fully charged it . It then started first time , but with No lights or Guages on the instrument panel, Head lights ,indicators & horn all work . Checked fuses there all ok . Any ideas why please or how to fix it .
Thanks !
Ok thanks , will do 👍🏻

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I would disconnect the negative terminal,leave it off for a few mins ,reconnect ,leave it a few mins to reset the ecu and then put the key in and turn on but don't start the engine..See if the lights etc come on now.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I would disconnect the negative terminal,leave it off for a few mins ,reconnect ,leave it a few mins to reset the ecu and then put the key in and turn on but don't start the engine..See if the lights etc come on now.
We’ve found this solved a number of problems after suffering a flat starter battery. The cd would load but not play and the thermometer would just keep going from low temps to high temps on a continual cycle. When the auto electrician came to sort out the cd issue, he disconnected the negative lead on the battery and 10 mins later, when reconnected, everything worked as normal.

Since fitting a Battery Master, not had a flat starter battery.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hobby Bob
Nov 15, 2017
Stamford , Lincs.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750 FLC
Exp
Since 2015
Tried the suggestions ,unfortunately none worked ,and as I feared lost the ones I recovered ☹️ and can’t get them back Booked in Garage for 8th Match 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
If I have to disconnect a battery on a car or motorbike that has modern electrics I connect another battery across the vehicle terminals to keep a 12v supply on. Have to be careful so as to not short anything out though.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Given the number of leads off battery terminals these days, would connecting a subsidiary battery to the jump lead points be sufficient to maintain core electronics?

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Sounds a bit rude to me 😁

Screenshot_20220301-102731_Google.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Given the number of leads off battery terminals these days, would connecting a subsidiary battery to the jump lead points be sufficient to maintain core electronics?
Yes that is what i do if I need to remove the cab battery, just Insulate the loose terminals.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back