Ceramic toilet option - is it worth the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We are looking at replacing our van and one of the option upgrades available is to have a ceramic toilet.

We have been lucky enough to have always had a ceramic toilet in all 3 of the motorhomes we’ve had so I’ve no idea of the drawbacks of having a plastic loo.

Any help & advice much appreciated.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Now just adding a ceramic toilet to your MoHo may seem like luxury but what everyone really needs is one of these, go on treat yourself and your MoHo

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
Can you please delete this post.

Mrs Emmit thinks the galvanised bucket is standard.

You should tell her to be grateful for your generosity, as the long-life Galvanised bucket is the SUPER-DELUXE model !!!

The STANDARD model is the Bakelite bucket .... and the MID-RANGE PREMIUM model is the 1950s Enameled bucket.

Bleddy kids today ... Don't know they're born. ;) :whistle2:

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
i know this is an old post, but has anyone been really disappointed with their ceramic inserts or is everyone still happy, some time later? anything i should be aware of before spending?

PS i am not looking for suggestions on how to polish the pan etc, i am looking for feedback from those who have fitted one, on whether the ceramic inset has made a difference or is it just a gimmick ?

though at £183 inc delivery of £41 etc i am more inclined to try to buy one as we travel through Germany in May this year. i wonder if i can get the VAT removed aswell .....??

We were happy with ours in our previous van after trying a few different sealers, if I were to do it again I would have bought the sealer from them but after a few trial and errors ended using dowsil 785n and it worked great.

20240501_055440.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I emailed Nadine and we could actually collect one from them direct ..... It would save the £40 odd delivery charges AND we are travelling via Germany to Italy in May .... Just need to work out if it's worth the detour, though as we haven't planned our route it might encourage us to travel somewhere different ...Merzdorf in Saxony ....????

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I emailed Nadine and we could actually collect one from them direct ..... It would save the £40 odd delivery charges AND we are travelling via Germany to Italy in May .... Just need to work out if it's worth the detour, though as we haven't planned our route it might encourage us to travel somewhere different ...Merzdorf in Saxony ....????
Ask them to fit it as long as the cassette is empty 😁

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We were happy with ours in our previous van after trying a few different sealers, if I were to do it again I would have bought the sealer from them but after a few trial and errors ended using dowsil 785n and it worked great.

View attachment 892048
I thought you used a different sealant you got from Toolstation originally.
Did you have problems with it?

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023

View attachment 892048

I'll admit I've not read the rest of the thread, but as it's a toilet thread, this picture makes me boggle and shudder. I suppose sealant is a novel approach, but I think I'll stick with Aldi's own paper...

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
We are looking at replacing our van and one of the option upgrades available is to have a ceramic toilet.

We have been lucky enough to have always had a ceramic toilet in all 3 of the motorhomes we’ve had so I’ve no idea of the drawbacks of having a plastic loo.

Any help & advice much appreciated.
Check the classifieds I'm sure I seen one advertised

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
i know this is an old post, but has anyone been really disappointed with their ceramic inserts or is everyone still happy, some time later? anything i should be aware of before spending?

PS i am not looking for suggestions on how to polish the pan etc, i am looking for feedback from those who have fitted one, on whether the ceramic inset has made a difference or is it just a gimmick ?

though at £183 inc delivery of £41 etc i am more inclined to try to buy one as we travel through Germany in May this year. i wonder if i can get the VAT removed aswell .....??
Classified ad 'Thetford C250/C260 toilet inner bowl and seat and lid' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...c260-toilet-inner-bowl-and-seat-and-lid.7642/

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’ve had a twusch for a couple of years now and bought the sealant from them it’s still as white as when I fitted it so worth the money.😊👍

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Anyone buying from the eBay link pay in Euro using Revolut or similar as PayPal exchange rates are lousy.
Thanks Lenny. Just had a look and done the conversion sums. There's about £5 difference in the price with PayPal rates and good bank exchange rates. Might use my Starling or Revolut bank accounts tomorrow instead.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Has anyone bought one direct and collected it whilst travelling? We've got a trip planned in June and am tempted to wander 'off route' a bit ...... (Off route trips are usually so much more fun/interesting)

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Has anyone bought one direct and collected it whilst travelling? We've got a trip planned in June and am tempted to wander 'off route' a bit ...... (Off route trips are usually so much more fun/interesting)
Whats a route ? I may have a final destination in mind but other than that :rofl:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back