Ceramic Tiolet Insert (4 Viewers)

Dec 22, 2018
Tasmania, Australia (northern summer in Europe)
Funster No
MH
Hymer Classic B584
Exp
Since 2019
If anyone is wondering what the silicone in their kit is it's Elkem Caf 33 white 100 grams (I used a bit less than half and I had a big gap).

There's also a small (about 50 mls from memory) bottle of what they call nanospray - a cleaner/sealant. I'm not at the Hymer now so can't give details of it, but I googled it - very expensive. I'm sure it's just a ceramic sealant like what you'd use on a car, so one from Halfords would do the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Just one thing bothers me about the ceramic lining. Should the toilet be used with the blade closed the contents of the bowl will naturally reach the same level both on the inside and the outside of the insert since only the top of the insert is sealed. Does to not follow that when the bowl is flushed only the inside of the bowl will be flushed and any detritus and liquid which has gone between the insert and the original plastic bowl will stay where it is. I may be wrong but if I am not there will be a fair amount of germs lurking in the toilet and probably an accompanying pong which might be difficult to eradicate.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Just one thing bothers me about the ceramic lining. Should the toilet be used with the blade closed the contents of the bowl will naturally reach the same level both on the inside and the outside of the insert since only the top of the insert is sealed. Does to not follow that when the bowl is flushed only the inside of the bowl will be flushed and any detritus and liquid which has gone between the insert and the original plastic bowl will stay where it is. I may be wrong but if I am not there will be a fair amount of germs lurking in the toilet and probably an accompanying pong which might be difficult to eradicate.

The insert is sealed at the top so nothing goes down the outside of it, not wanting to be pedantic but i’d have thought that to be obvious 😉👍

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Just seal the bottom no probs 😉

Screenshot_20230918_174703_File Manager +.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back