Ceramic Tiolet Insert (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I can see the water flush going and getting behind the bowl and maybe causing some nasties..?

may have to take it out regularly to clean behind so may defeat the objective...?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just some more unnecessary added weight IMO
I've got 300kg spare I'm interested, wished we had ordered the ceramic loo when we bought the van. The boss won't let me change it now as there are 600-700 quid.

OP
OP
Ditcha
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I've got 300kg spare I'm interested, wished we had ordered the ceramic loo when we bought the van. The boss won't let me change it now as there are 600-700 quid.
That's why I am fitting this Lenny much cheaper than fitting a full loo👍

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Our Dometic toilet has a ceramic bowl & it is easy to keep clean.
For info. this is the manufacturers website https://www.twusch.de/ for this insert for Thetford toilets & watching their video the installation is a little bit different with regards to the silicone sealing just adding a bead once in place:

Looks like they use a Fugi (brilliant tool (y)) to give a neat even finish on the silicone. Use of Nanotol Sanitary 2in1 Refresher is recommended to keep the "nano-sealing" on the bowls surface working https://www.nanotol.com/sanitary/step-3-2in1/- sounds like an interesting product to try on other sanitaryware.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I too have a hankering for a ceramic bog. Is it possible to just remove the top plastic bit and buy the ceramic version from Thetford?
Doesn't look like it as only whole toilets with ceramic bowls listed https://www.thetford-europe.com/gb/products/toilets/cassette-toilets - could be a popular upgrade if they did. Maybe worth an email to Thetford just in case?
EDIT - just read in their FAQ that not possible to replace their plastic toilet bowl with a ceramic bowl.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've got 300kg spare I'm interested, wished we had ordered the ceramic loo when we bought the van.
Many years ago on an Aeroflot flight I was surprised to see they had heavy porcelain loo pans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back