Census return for full-timers? (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
put your nominated address as this will help for resources in that area ie the doctors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
The census is about who is where at a particular time, hence a particular date for the census. This is why in older censuses you get people present where you wouldn’t expect them to be, because they are visiting, or indeed absent from e.g. the family home. These anomalies can be the bain of a family historian’s research but can also give lots of information about relatives you didn’t know about. I get a cense that for the last couple of censuses people have interpreted the rules slightly differently. But I think the small print still says that the “householder” should list everyone staying at the home on census night. Remember it is only one form per household, not one per person.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think there is a link with the electoral roll, if he is on yours then he will have to be counted there. If I was to tell the truth then I have no idea. ;)

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
The leaflet shows:
"Who should be included
You should include as living here:

- everyone who usually lives here, even if they're away from home on Sunday 21 March 2021
- anyone from outside the UK staying here overnight who is in the UK for 3 months or more in total
- anyone from the UK staying here overnight who does not usually live here, but has no other UK address

Anyone staying here overnight on 21 March who has another UK address should be included as a visitor"

So, it would seem he should be included in the campsite's census as a Visitor, and your address as usually here; although he's probably not. Other interpretations are available. :roflmto::roflmto:

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
No he's not on the electoral roll at my house.
He can be included on the electoral roll buy using your address as his nominated address without actually living in the property it just needs to be a address that has a significance to him.
We use a business storage address which is on our driving license, doctors records, bank records and insurance records etc etc. Yet we are nearly full time motor-homer’s (2 months of the year we live in rented bricks and mortar for work purpose).
Perfectly legal.

OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
He can be included on the electoral roll buy using your address as his nominated address without actually living in the property it just needs to be a address that has a significance to him.
We use a business storage address which is on our driving license, doctors records, bank records and insurance records etc etc. Yet we are nearly full time motor-homer’s (2 months of the year we live in rented bricks and mortar for work purpose).
Perfectly legal.
I don't include him on the electoral role because I take advantage of the single occupier 25% council tax discount. Not sure if the council would query it?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Of course, you could always look at the official guidance. Fortunately my part of the job does not deal with "continuous cruisers"and other transient people. Have a look below

<Broken link removed>

Edit - sorry if that sounded a bit snarky. It wasn't meant to be. The CENSUS WEBSITE really has a load of information available

Last edited:
OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Of course, you could always look at the official guidance. Fortunately my part of the job does not deal with "continuous cruisers"and other transient people. Have a look below

<Broken link removed>
Thanks for that link, I have passed it on to son. Future genealogists will have a fit - last time they did the census, he was touring Ireland with a band 🤣

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
There should not be any non residents at any address on 21st March 2021. We will still be in lockdown, so only those resident should be present

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I think there is a link with the electoral roll, if he is on yours then he will have to be counted there. If I was to tell the truth then I have no idea. ;)
There are no links to electorial rolls, Inland revenue, police, MI6, GCHQ or any other organisation. The Census office is pretty careful to maintain a distance so people trust it and are willing to divulge their information.
many moons ago I ran a division at the Office for National Statistics of which Census is a part. Even I couldn't get the Census division to cooperate on any matter! Snooty bunch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back