Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Very apt. :rofl:
True. Bloody autotype! Also accurate in my friends case. A very top end caravan from a reputable German manufacturer leaked like a sieve. Ours, from the same manufacturer simply had bits keep dropping off it, and doors falling off. Got to the point when it was prudent to take an empty bag to collect t the bits in on a trip.
Safe travels to you.

OP
OP

1090alex

Free Member
Jan 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner-for-t
Cracking Van, I’m on my second.

I don‘t know your expectations but a magnetic strip coming away, just stick it back down, the same with a step light.

The awning is a Thule problem and could happen on a 50k Swift or a 500k Morelo.

What van did you have before??

Hi

strange first post. Jump on, Slate Carthago, don't join, then disappear.
I get your a bit pissed about it but at least join and discuss it.
And a Happy New Year to you too. When you consider what this van costs, the list price now is around £250,000 are you surprised I'm fed up with Carthago. I haven't disappeared, I'm more than happy to discuss,

just have other things to attend to as well.
Alex

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
And a Happy New Year to you too. When you consider what this van costs, the list price now is around £250,000 are you surprised I'm fed up with Carthago. I haven't disappeared, I'm more than happy to discuss,

Alex
What van did you have before the Carthago?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10

Alex
you have 5 posts free, you then have to join, Your issue's with your Carthago are miniscule to what mine were trust me. Why not join and you might get better help.

I and others are always suspicious of those that instead of their first post being "hi I'm such and such" to someone who's first post just slates a brand of Motorhome. I have to say, your issues you mention seem rather tame to most, 250 k or 100k makes no difference. When mine sat there on fire on my drive way it could have been 10k or 1 million I would still have been pissed off.

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Well after the last new van Hymer we said never again! Lots of stupid problems eventually all put right after 3 years mostly by me.
So then bought a Splus with 2,500 miles from Premium in Doncaster absolutely Shite service and next to warrant, Carthago give little support if any,
I have now sorted out all the silly stupid problems that should have been done had the dealers been competent😂
Like any van it’s going to have little issues but got to say Carthago warranty is Shite that being said they are quite a good build as most of the things that failed were bought in parts,
Thankfully Chris @Reliance was a big help in helping me source new wiper linkage parts from bbsystemsteknik in Germany who stepped in after 4 months of waiting for parts.on a two year old van.🙂
Premium invented shite service. I wouldn't trust them with lego.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
"You 're not filling me with confidence"
To be fair I have found them to be pretty good, certainly at workshop level, I think it's usually Josh that works on Morelo's and I have found his work to be absolutely top notch, maybe you should buy a Morelo:unsure: :LOL:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
To be fair I have found them to be pretty good, certainly at workshop level, I think it's usually Josh that works on Morelo's and I have found his work to be absolutely top notch, maybe you should buy a Morelo:unsure: :LOL:
Rearly, they fitted a solar panel to my mates Carthago, I've never seen such a bodge. That was a few years ago maybe staff have changed.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Am a poor pensioner.🙂
So am I now ;)

Rearly, they fitted a solar panel to my mates Carthago, I've never seen such a bodge. That was a few years ago maybe staff have changed.
I speak as I find Lenny, I think it's only ever Josh that has worked on our van and as I say "spot on" and I am not that easy to please:LOL:

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Am getting them to put my van round to SAP to fit my solar panels lithium batteries and leveling system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
At the risk of straying from the original post:

I’ve only had one contact with Premium. I wanted to look at a Carthago E Line 51QB DA (New) with a view to buying. I called on the phone and was told it was still available. Travelled for 2.5 hours to get there, immediately after making the phone call, only to be told it was sold. It was still in the showroom with the price displayed. It actually wasn’t sold.They’d priced it up wrong. It remained in their showroom and was re-listed the next day or so for about £20000 more than the original price. This was late October last year, or early November.

I’ve never dealt with such a rude member of sales staff with a ‘couldn’t give a sh!!’ attitude. I would have expected honesty about their error rather than incivility. I wouldn’t go back there unless I was absolutely desperate and they had exactly what I wanted.

Can’t speak for their service department as I didn’t get to buy from them.

Now happily set up with aCarthago E Line 64 QB from elsewhere.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Premium invented shite service. I wouldn't trust them with lego.
I bought my Morelo from them back in 2020 and dealt with Mat for the sale and since then Simon in service and Josh and have had excellent service from all. Josh goes out of his way to find a solution to any issues, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back