LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Another short one but worthy of note if going this way and have the card.
Another one later.

In the journal you will see tabs going across the top.
One is the map which is filling up nicely and you can click those to get to the journal entry.

I have also stuck a "Things noted" tab which may be of interest if going to Austria.

And a Karten card tab keeping account of costs savings

Journal entry 'Sankt Paul monastery Karten Card.' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/sankt-paul-monastery-karten-card.465/

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Tomorrow we move our campsite to one just west of Klagenfurt so we can start attacking the places of interest around there.
We are hoping to Austria's highest waterfall (allegedly) in transit and hot weather finally arrives for a couple of days.
We think there is enough for 12 days there which is quite lucky as if you stay 11 days you get one free.
After that, it is up to Millstat for about another fortnight and more roads and cable cars up there.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We fancied this museum. We aren't really museum people but it's free with the Karten card and it had a steam train ride which floats 2 boats in our motorhome. Bung in some old motors I know nothing about and it passed the suavecarveometer... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/historama-ferbach-karten-card.472/
Could someone tell me if they click the link in the quoted section "historama" if they can see the entry.
I have set it to private and want to see if I can then send to the person a link via pm to see if they can see it under those circumstances

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Could someone tell me if they click the link in the quoted section "historama" if they can see the entry.
I have set it to private and want to see if I can then send to the person a link via pm to see if they can see it under those circumstances
Nope🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Unfortunately, it's throw teddy in the corner time for my journals.

What I see is the amount of viewers of each entry versus the amount of comments or likes.

What I also see is Jim's original thread with comments of that would be great I LL be doing that.

Add to that Jim sending out all his graffiti stickers and everyone wanting some but apparently nobody else has stuck any anywhere or they haven't posted they have.

So I will continue with my journals but all of them have been made private. I can see them but I can't share them.

I do feel sorry for the regular contributors or likers but they are about 2% of viewers so there may be a way I can share things with them in future. I know who you are.

I LL probably put one or 2 photos on the photo of the day thread, but spending my time and effort for 98% of viewers who are anonymous and uncontributory to me has come to an end.

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Blimey, you're certainly getting value from that card!
84 euros for 5 weeks of ripping the behind out of it.
Next 2 weeks we go on the expensive roads and cable cars.
Bloody close to 300 euros out of it so far.

In the journal I keep account of it in the Karten Card "tab" at the top

I should mention that the prices are for one person. We have 2 cards so 72 pounds sterling each for 600 ish euros savings so far

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
As it was a nice day we went back up the pyramid thing as it was free to us to compare views.

*Already posted this but further nicer photos added

Standing on top of a hill and can be seen from all round the valleys and overlooking worthersee is this pyramid for 17 euros or free with KC.
Quite a steep hill up here then you have the option of the lift to the viewing platforms. 267 steps was... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/aussichtsturm-pyramidenkogel-karten-card.476/

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Jon although I haven’t read every one of your throunals, may I thank you for your time and effort to put them on here, not everyone wants to use holiday time for the benefit of others, so thanks, especially the carinthia stuff which is a place close to our hearts as you know, it’s like a second home for us👍

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Surprisingly, it takes me only the amount of time to post as it takes Paula to top up my beer. (Which only costs less than 50p a pint)

Although we had poor weather in the first week there is still shed loads to do around here and now it's hot the lakes are coming into their own.
We fancy one of the free wild garden swimming lakes next week and I've just been snorkelling through lily pads so I m going to put a camera in the mask tomorrow and see how that comes out as I have a spot to snorkel later in the year I want to video.

I can see why we returned and why this place means so much to you.
If they had free Aires or low costing ones we would be back every year. Right up there with Provence, Ardeche, Dordogne and Bavaria in our opinion

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Forgot to ask, I know you’ve done the loiblpaß but have you done the wurzenpass and vrsic pass, I have a feeling in the back of my head you have done them on a previous visit, but just checking😉👍👍

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Forgot to ask, I know you’ve done the loiblpaß but have you done the wurzenpass and vrsic pass, I have a feeling in the back of my head you have done them on a previous visit, but just checking😉👍👍
We are just discussing what to do Friday Saturday Sunday (then we move onto Millstat)
One day we will walk up to a couple of waterfalls on osiachsee and pop into the car museum in Villach for the son in law
Another day is going up to Slovenia crossing into Italy then back on another road but we will visit Lago di fusine which is a stunner (see my photo entry in June photo competition)
They might be the passes you speak of !
The 110 cc Suzuki will be earning her keep that day

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
They might be the passes you speak of !
The 110 cc Suzuki will be earning her keep that day
So will her suspension, especially on the wurzenpass! There’s a tank/war museum half way up it!

Once you decend into podkoren, turn left and call in at Kranjska Gora then keep going through the soća valley towards Bovec, then onto a well earned coffee at Kobarid👍👍

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
So will her suspension, especially on the wurzenpass! There’s a tank/war museum half way up it!

Once you decend into podkoren, turn left and call in at Kranjska Gora then keep going through the soća valley towards Bovec, then onto a well earned coffee at Kobarid👍👍
I think we re stuffed on the sica valley. The detour for missing toll routes takes us beyond backside comfort level on the motorbike !
I do kind of fancy popping into Bled for a coffee so will go up the dark blue route with the intention of returning light blue route but also reassessing our backsides when we get to Fusine/Bled decision time.
Screenshot_2024-06-06-20-08-03-01_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back