Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Am unable to get to the instruction manual but just as a "quikie" any ideas why the CO alarm rings intermitantly when gas is not being used? (Poss. low battery?). Was fine yesterday.
Cheers
Saltings

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Possible battery if a regular beep beep sound. Which make and model?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Am unable to get to the instruction manual but just as a "quikie" any ideas why the CO alarm rings intermitantly when gas is not being used? (Poss. low battery?). Was fine yesterday.
Cheers
Saltings
Probably the battery in the alarm but ours kept going off last year, and it was a duff cell in the hab battery getting hot and venting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Probably the battery in the alarm but ours kept going off last year, and it was a duff cell in the hab battery getting hot and venting.
That puts a different complexion on it as we also have a problem with our Hab battery that I am trickle charging.
With sealed cells how do you know if one is duff or not, except that it runs down quickly I guess?

I guess I can change the 3 AA's in the CO alarm as that is no big shake and if it still goes off look at the battery.

Only BIG problem we have is we leave on a ferry next Thursday and to get the battery out we have to remove the front driver's seat which I have never attempted. So let's hope it is the lesser of the two evil's.:cry:
Saltings

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It's most likely the monitor batteries. A hab battery "venting" would usually give off some form of detectable smell I would think.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
CO monitors only cost around £25 for a decent one with a display which I thoroughly recommend so you know why it is alarming

Most are set to trigger at 30 ppm, but CO will do not serious harm till 100+, but a bleep just says over 30

I would take any over 30 reading seriously, but an awful lot more if 130 or 230 than 30 (y)(y)

ours records peak CO as a reference as well juts in case it goes off and resets while you are not there

Heres a good example of one almost identical to ours, 7 years life then chuck and change :)(y)

BTW I suspect yours is either battery or faulty, it should alarm enough to wake you if a real CO level is present

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
It's most likely the monitor batteries. A hab battery "venting" would usually give off some form of detectable smell I would think.
Cheers Terry, by the way still probs. with charging our Hab battery! On EHU it will not charge up and only charges with the CETEK attached via Cetek wires to the terminals.
Also found that the technicians had put the Solar Charger wiring the wrong way around so have corrected that. Give it a day in the sun and see the outcome.

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
CO monitors only cost around £25 for a decent one with a display which I thoroughly recommend so you know why it is alarming

Most are set to trigger at 30 ppm, but CO will do not serious harm till 100+, but a bleep just says over 30

I would take any over 30 reading seriously, but an awful lot more if 130 or 230 than 30 (y)(y)

ours records peak CO as a reference as well juts in case it goes off and resets while you are not there

Heres a good example of one almost identical to ours, 7 years life then chuck and change :)(y)

BTW I suspect yours is either battery or faulty, it should alarm enough to wake you if a real CO level is present
Hi David

Will take a peak at your link tonight - looks interesting. Ours was only £10, with a 7 year g'tee so can't complain. It is 3 yrs. old and seems to let you know when the batteries are going.

Thanks for the tip
Saltings

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Was there an engine running nearby. We have one in the safari room hen it is rigged because the heating exhaust is there and the generator running outside set it off.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you change the battery ????,

Many are a sealed, throw-away unit as the sensor has a finite lifespan of around 7 years....thats why most are guaranteed for 7 years....and unless it has a hard life the battery should last that long.

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Can you change the battery ????,

Many are a sealed, throw-away unit as the sensor has a finite lifespan of around 7 years....thats why most are guaranteed for 7 years....and unless it has a hard life the battery should last that long.
No. Trying to take the front seat out single handed appears a non-starter. If battery is faulty (?) will have it changed in Europe for a GEL as so short of time. Discovered one good point, EHU is working to both batteries.
Now the multi charger has a broken wire, so have that to solder!!!
I assume the Cetek chargers work on a GEL battery just like a lead-acid?
:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back