Caravan & motorhome club (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Since the last post on C&MC and the proposed price increase it would be interesting to know how many funsters are not going to renew their membership this year. Mine is not due until August so at the moment I am undecided.
Spongy

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Were Sitting on the fence at present.
Been a CMC member 3 years, we have only stayed on one site during that time, it was in Cromer, all was as expected, even had a proper MH fill up & grey water dump. But was still expensive, compaired to the indies we have used. As the M6 toll discount will be droped at the end of December, we probably wont be able to get our membership monies back. Havent looked at using any CL's even, but I am reading from many on here that they have not been asked to show their membership cards on arrival....?
We will get the ACSI membership card and book for 2019 in January as I believe we can get a discount through The CMC.
Our membership renewal is Feb 2019.
Will decide whether to block my bank DDM auto renewal to CMC after xmas.
They need to think more about discounts for non electric pitches, and offer maybe 4 for 3night stay discounts, but I guess that isnt going to happen anytime soon.
So still sat on the fence, but its leaning over heavily:xsmile:
Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We're still undecided. Will need to make a decision soon as we're due to renew in February. We haven't used any club sites or CLs but have done 3 rallies but won't be bothering again as don't like having to book and pay in advance! With nothing refunded if they can't get someone to take your place and you still lose a deposit even if they can rebook it!

Denise

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Renewed last month, we do use the sites and easily get the 'membership' fee back and more each year. They seem to have more sites open all year too.
Am also in the C&CC use enough of their sites and cl to justify the expenditure.
Get gifted ACSI each Christmas, thanks to younger son. I don't smoke, drink a lot less than I used to and am trying to lose weight so good way to spend my money.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I will renew as I use CL’s however, I will be very selective about which, if any of their sites I stay on as I object to some of the ridiculous prices they sometimes charge and anyway I do not use showers and toilets as I prefer my own. I am not under any misconception it is now a “club” it might have been years ago but now I think it is little different to any other holiday provider as far as its sites are concerned. Rather like Hoseasons or other holiday retailers.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
After witnessing the sycophantic performance at last year annual meet I was sorely tempted not to renew, but that would be cutting off our noses as we like the sites. the performance at the annual meet was nothing short of sickening with the grandstand for the Chairman and all other sub Chairmans etc and the parade of them all dressed up into the main circle for opening ceremony was too much for us to watch. Then there was "Chairman's row" for them all to camp it was perfectly manicured and flat. Complete opposite to the 4ft high grass and slope the masses who were paying were stuck on.

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
We're still undecided. Will need to make a decision soon as we're due to renew in February. We haven't used any club sites or CLs but have done 3 rallies but won't be bothering again as don't like having to book and pay in advance! With nothing refunded if they can't get someone to take your place and you still lose a deposit even if they can rebook it!

Denise

Think you are on about the wrong one you dont pay a deposit or pay in advance for the CMC ,you must mean the C&CC :)

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We will renew but only for the CS or CL or whatever they are called. The little sites with only a few pitches.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We joined the CMC more than 20 years ago. We used them when travelling abroad with the caravan, one phone call and they booked both the ferry and the campsites, and provided Red Pennant Insurance. Have been a member for most of the years since.

We use both Club Sites and CLs, all depends on the location or place we want to visit..

Club sites are ace, well managed with first class facilities, but it's hard to beat a CL set in a rural location, far from the crowds and everyday hustle and bustle.

so a resounding YES to renewing

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We will renew but we don’t use the Clubsites, we belong purely for the CLs & same for the C&CC for the CSs!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Denise
Not quite true of the C&CC if you have to cancel due to illness or worse still a bereavement, they will offer you an alternative date or refund your deposit. If you cancel 30days before the date you had booked for the will return your deposit.. I have had to do all those things in the past ten years and have always been refunded or given a choice of dates or in one case an alternative site. Cant fault the service I have recieved.... So of course I will renew both clubs...

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
We will be renewing C&MC membership. Generally we do not use them during bank holidays and summer holiday times. There are bargain prices. We have just returned from White Water Park at near Middlesbough for just £28 for 2 nights.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not quite true of the C&CC if you have to cancel due to illness or worse still a bereavement, they will offer you an alternative date or refund your deposit. If you cancel 30days before the date you had booked for the will return your deposit.. I have had to do all those things in the past ten years and have always been refunded or given a choice of dates or in one case an alternative site. Cant fault the service I have recieved.... So of course I will renew both clubs...

I'm talking about CAMC rallies not club sites!

Denise

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
yes we will be renewing for both clubs - purly for CL and CS network

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun