Caravan & motorhome club (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
No I don't. I mean CAMC Rallies with our local centre not club sites.

You don't have to book or pay in advance for CCC rallies you just turn up.

Denise

Sorry I must learn to read posts properly before I comment , I often get a bad attack of "foot and mouth":(

Reading your post again you did say rallies

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I dream of being able to join such wonderful clubs so I can pay to be shown exactly I must park for the night and which way my van must point and how far I am allowed to park from little white pegs.

I also understand that the wardens will kindly instruct one as to when you are making too much noise and at what time you can fire up your engine if you choose to leave.

But trying to go to sleep when the excitement of joining a queue of strangers to have a shower in the morning keeps me awake.

Sadly my inheritance is not large enough to be able to cover the yearly subscriptions AND the site fees for each night, so I will just have to fend for myself, often all on my lonesome, in wild, often remote, locations of this wonderful world of ours... :rofl:

JJ :cool:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I dream of being able to join such wonderful clubs so I can pay to be shown exactly I must park for the night and which way my van must point and how far I am allowed to park from little white pegs.

I also understand that the wardens will kindly instruct one as to when you are making too much noise and at what time you can fire up your engine if you choose to leave.

But trying to go to sleep when the excitement of joining a queue of strangers to have a shower in the morning keeps me awake.

Sadly my inheritance is not large enough to be able to cover the yearly subscriptions AND the site fees for each night, so I will just have to fend for myself, often all on my lonesome, in wild, often remote, locations of this wonderful world of ours... :rofl:

So.....can we put you down as a “maybe”:xThumb:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

I also understand that the wardens will kindly instruct one as to when you are making too much and at what time you can fire up your engine if you choose to leave.

Sadly my inheritance is not large enough to be able to cover the yearly subscriptions AND the site fees for each night, so I will just have to fend for myself, often all by myself, out in the wild, often remote, locations of this wonderful world of ours... :rofl:

Ahh what a sheltered life you do lead Which decade did you dream all this up about. :xrofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JJ

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
That's roughly what I pay as a member of C&CC and getting a discount for being an old git .. Think I pay a lot more on CMC but I don't use that club quite as much..

It depends very much on where, when and whether you have ehu.

I have paid as little as £6 a night on c&cc sites and as much as £18 on c&mhc sites and everything in between. CLs seem to be about £14 regardless of number of people.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Mr Khizzie... what I (jokingly) "dreamed" and what I have subsequently learnt (much more recently) from my people and experienced Funsters are very different things...

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Mr Khizzie... what I (jokingly) "dreamed" and what I have subsequently learnt (much more recently) from my people and experienced Funsters are very different things...

Ahh Mr JJ, I have only been a member of the clubs for ten years and an a funster for three years alas So I bow to your superior knowledge.. :xgrin:

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
We are ACIS members for touring in europe, but belong to the 'C&MHC' although resident in France. Why you may ask when we live in France.

Simply because although a Club in' Name Only'; you have to join a 'local group' and contribute to your 'local' whether it is Rallyes, or whatever. Unfortunately, living where we do in 'la France profunde' this is not so easy.

Having family and friends still in the UK, we appreciate the C&MC sites when we visit and the quality/standards ie Wardens of the sites we have stayed at. We have to mention one exemplery site which doesn't get much mention as there are no 'facilities' and is difficult to find courtesy of the County Council, or whatever it calls it's self these days. Sign posts are either horizontal or facing into fields! Anyway, namely High Onn near Newport, Salop. A give away to my age.............

The reason we remain members, although not annual visitors to the UK, is that we feel we are 'contributing' by the way of our annual subscription to the 'Club' even though we may forgo the benefits ever so often by virtue of lack of visits to the UK or domicile. When we do use the sites and facilities as 'foreigners' as perceived by many 'members' in our French registered vehicle, we appreciate the money that that has been ploughed back into the sites for the benefit of all members, whether UK resident or us 'Foreigners!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
@JJ Not biting Mr JJ,:xgrin:

this thread is for CMC members., not dreamers or wannabes :xrofl:

Merry xmas , Jim a SLT

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I’m in the same position as @Janine i.e. solo, however I also have the advantage of being of an age that gets me an old f**ts discount. For this reason I tend to use predominantly CCC sites as they work out cheaper and always a good standard. Infact they are often a lot cheaper than most Cl’s and Cs’, who price on the assumption of 2 adults.
I make less use of the CMC as it is dearer (no age concession) but they do have a few sites that I like to visit each year so will renew with them also.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I’m in the same position as @Janine i.e. solo, however I also have the advantage of being of an age that gets me an old f**ts discount. For this reason I tend to use predominantly CCC sites as they work out cheaper and always a good standard. Infact they are often a lot cheaper than most Cl’s and Cs’, who price on the assumption of 2 adults.
I make less use of the CMC as it is dearer (no age concession) but they do have a few sites that I like to visit each year so will renew with them also.
I've just paid £10 a night in the Cotswolds on a Cmc site and when my partner joined me it was an extra £5 so for £15 for two not bad.
Having said that it all depends on time of the year and week which influences the charge.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
For many years we have been members of the camping and caravan club, and use their THS and CSs and for the last 5 years we have only been in the UK for max 6 weeks, last year we was in the UK for 2 months and joined the motorhome and caravan club again purely because they have a better CL net work in places we needed to be, so in both clubs gave us the convenience of being able to pick and choose and be where we wanted, so although expensive we very rarely use club sites :xwink: and when we leave we give our membership to friends then they enjoy the benefits. :xgrin:
Next year we probably won't join any because we might not come back, and if we do it will not be for long. :rofl: :xeek: Bob.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Je suis d'accord monsieur lol

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Member of both. Joined CMC just for the Crystal Palace site as daughter lives near Oval cricket ground and one son Elephant and Castle. Both in shared flats so saved our membership many times over when visiting them.
C&CC for THS and both for their many discounts. Youngest needed a rucksack, shopped around, Clarks village plus C&CC 15% another years membership saved.
I feel I get good value for money from both so happy to pay and that's what matters to me so perfectly ok to carry on calling it a club.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
final year for us as Caravan and Motorhome club member 8420488 since 1990.

Aug 17, 2017
Funster No
MH
PVC - AT Tribute T-670
Exp
Definitely would renew. Their sites are run to a consistent, high standard and you know what to expect when you book. Mostly friendly hard-working wardens....there’s always the occasional grumpy exception! They have an excellent, DEPOSIT FREE, online booking system that allows you to cancel up to 72 hours beforehand without consequences. Underused I suspect but they have a large range of excellent Members’ Offers including genuine new car discounts negotiated with manufacturers. For years I have bought cars by hard negotiation with a dealer but I recently bought a car, which with the special September manufacturer incentive saved 21% off list. A massive saving. The car came to me through their fleet division but is eligible for normal servicing and warranty at any main dealer. Perhaps the main point is it was hassle-free. I didn’t have to go through a friend of a friend or other devious route. They gave a phone number that went straight through to the right person in this multi-national organisation. Impressive! I wouldn’t have thought of going that route until a CMC employee told me about the Members Offers when I visited the M & C Show a couple of years ago. They have lots of far less “sizeable” offers too! Their monthly magazine is pretty good too. For some reason people complain about the loose advertising inserts. If they’re of no interest, usually the case, just bin them.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I will be renewing, deposit free is a great incentive to plan and book in advance.
The pitches are huge, facilities wonderful, help and information of the area you stay in is very good, nothing is too much trouble for the staff who I've always found courteous and smiley.:xThumb:

P.S.. Happy Christmas Everyone.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I too will be renewing, love the no deposits, new booking system. As a teacher I am able to pre book holidays as I know when I am off work but have to pay the premium of school holiday periods. Most of my bookings were made in Dec when the booking system opened for the following year. I am one of those people that are berated on here for clogging up the system! In 10 years membership I have had the need to cancel twice, and not because the weather wasn’t to our liking. If your aware of a system, use it to your advantage.

D

Deleted member

Deleted User
I will definitely be renewing, some great sites in good locations e.g, Crystal Palace which we use quite a lot. It’s an unrivalled site ditto other city sites like Bristol, York & Edinburgh. Some fab CLs as well e.g Stourhead where you can have the place to yourselves in winter. I’m not too keen on the regimented routine on their sites and toilets being closed for cleaning at inconvenient times, but the pros outweigh the cons.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Never use their sites but still renewing as we save a fortune each year booking ferries through them.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back