Camping and caravanning club - charge per person? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Interested in this reply, because paying for leccy when not wanted is also my biggest gripe,
May I ask how you achieve this, checked a couple of sites on website and the only pitchs listed to book without leccy are grass pitches..
Do you have to phone site to get hardstanding and not pay electric..
Genuinely interested how to go about it?

Most non EHU are grass pitches and, in the warmer months, I find this gives greater choice and less regimentation.
(I prefer grass pitches, with or without EHU.)

In the middle of winter, I book hard standing with EHU.

The price difference between Hard standing and Grass is about a pound.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you are paying 'per person' why is there also then a pitch charge?
I use a camping site near Brighton that is 'pay per person' but there is no pitch charge ;nor is there any electric,showers, entertainment , no music of your own allowed nor loud tv's ,still packed at weekends.
No idea how people afford it as anyone over age 4 pays so a family of 4 is 28/night for a grass field. suits me when alone as I use nothing nor have any wish for anything apart from an overnight stop.
Why, you will still fill up, empty( black and grey) refill before you leave and use the electric to heat your water and run your appliances so there's very little saving for the site by you using your shower.
As above .I don't I will arrive full ,no need for electric, entertainment ,showers , toilets ,etc & leave the next morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Well, Freshwater Bay charges per pitch.

So Grandma and Grandad Pay the same per pitch as Daughter, Son-In-Law, and Three grandchildren.

Or, same as the 6 Adults on almost every pitch
IF those are the charges, as long as the is no hidden cost, it's up to the individual, if they want to pay?

It's a bit like asking, should a large Motorhome pay more for a pitch than a Campervan?
The MH must cause more wear & tear to the pitch and possibly, consume more electricity?🤔

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
IF those are the charges, as long as the is no hidden cost, it's up to the individual, if they want to pay?

It's a bit like asking, should a large Motorhome pay more for a pitch than a Campervan?
The MH must cause more wear & tear to the pitch and possibly, consume more electricity?🤔
Not if it is hardstanding or gravel. Both only use electricity if plugged in.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I'm sorry, I have been with the CCC for over 25yrs and, although I might be more intelligent than I think I am, I have rarely experienced any problems with their 'charging & facilities'.

What are these problems? 🤔
They provide far too many facilities for many motorhomers and shoe-horn them into the existing camping and caravaning setup and charge them accordingly. There's a good supply of motorhomers who want to use their own facilities rather than subsidise the camping fraternity.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
They provide far too many facilities for many motorhomers and shoe-horn them into the existing camping and caravaning setup and charge them accordingly. There's a good supply of motorhomers who want to use their own facilities rather than subsidise the camping fraternity.
I have to wonder, how many members of the clubs, go to the DA meeting and complain there?
It does very little good complaining on this forum. 🤔

About subsidising the camping fraternity!
I'll be honest, the most tent campers I have seen on a site, at the same time, in 25+yrs is 3.

They have now done away with those stupid canvas chalets! 👍

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Understood, so where do you all go?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
There's our own Quackers of course.
He provides nothing more than good hospitality, a spacious manicured pitch, water & waste facilities.

What more could anyone want?👍
Eggs

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
then why do they not charge a higher rate in car parks?

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
There's our own Quackers of course.
He provides nothing more than good hospitality, a spacious manicured pitch, water & waste facilities.

What more could anyone want?👍
Thanks for your support L' Hobo and Nanniemate we have plenty of fresh chicken and duck eggs available.
If anybody wants somewhere to go for the Easter weekend we do have one pitch remaining, you can book online via our website Woodside Field.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I have to wonder, how many members of the clubs, go to the DA meeting and complain there?
It does very little good complaining on this forum. 🤔

About subsidising the camping fraternity!
I'll be honest, the most tent campers I have seen on a site, at the same time, in 25+yrs is 3.

They have now done away with those stupid canvas chalets! 👍
I tend to think of anybody that uses the shower blocks as a camper, whether under canvas or in a wobble box or even more controversially in a wobble box with it's own engine.
A septic tank and a fresh water tap is all a motorhomes needs 😂😂

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

Yes, but the MH is heating a larger area and, possibly, heating more water, bigger fridge etc.

Did you read 'only if plugged in' [to EHU]?
Our Hymer Caravan consumes far more electric than our Hymer Motorhome.

Caravan:

Thinner walls/floor/roof
Bigger Space
Electric Heating option -
Electric Water Heater option

Motorhome:

Thicker Walls/floor/Roof - Better Insulated
Less Space/volume
Gas Only Heater
Gas Only Water heater

Both Have Habitation A/C but unless we use a small electric heater in the MH, the Caravan uses so much more.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Interested in this reply, because paying for leccy when not wanted is also my biggest gripe,
May I ask how you achieve this, checked a couple of sites on website and the only pitchs listed to book without leccy are grass pitches..
Do you have to phone site to get hardstanding and not pay electric..
Genuinely interested how to go about it?

Those CAMC grass pitches are really intended for tent campers not motorhomers. Your needs would be better met by a hardstanding pitch wihout a EHU bollard. Or one with metered EHU. Metering electricity is coming, although the roll-out will be slow across the CAMC estate.

If Members were offered the option of paying a reduced pitch fee if they opt out of EHU, there would probably be lots of cheats who would plug into the bollard right after the Wardens go off duty.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Those CAMC grass pitches are really intended for tent campers not motorhomers. Your needs would be better met by a hardstanding pitch wihout a EHU bollard. Or one with metered EHU. Metering electricity is coming, although the roll-out will be slow across the CAMC estate.

If Members were offered the option of paying a reduced pitch fee if they opt out of EHU, there would probably be lots of cheats who would plug into the bollard right after the Wardens go off duty.

I'm happy I only use CCC sites as we rarely get 'lots of cheats'. 😄

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

A simple way to do it is to have the electric socket in a locked box, opened by the warden.

I bet when they introduce metered electric pitch prices will stay the same with those using EHU paying extra. You just watch!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

It's easy on check in you a card bit like a credit card preloaded whenjit runs out you top it up

I have seen these previously

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
There will always be wear and tear and a bigger vehicle will cause more wear.

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
It's not double.

I have just done a test and for Cambridge its £22.60 for one person and £35.90 for 2 people.

Seems fair. An amount for the pitch and an amount for each person. Having 2 pitches would not save you money. it would cost £45.20!
Using Michael T's logic in the post a few above that's a hell of a lot of water!

Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
MH 4 years Cruisers a life time
Just having a look to book up somewhere for after easter, initially prices look reasonable, but they are for 1 person, for 2 it is double!

Why double, we still only use 1 pitch?

I can understand if they charge per pitch then per person on top, but this makes no sense at all, I think in future we will just make 2 separate bookings and take 2 pitches!
Great question, I have been booking sites for my tour from N.Ireland to my Son in Tunbridge wells ,two shows, Wales ,back home over 8 weeks. booking sites you get the prompt Yes book here ONLY £18 then it jumps to £28.00 then if you worm your way through the jargon find you are expected to be on your own and require to BOOK a GUEST which is staying overnight that's another £10 Now £38 all we wanted was an overnight parking , I have resulted in looking for pubs with large carparks having a drink and a meal FOR TWO never yet to be refused ,And they have Toilets .
I have also wondered WHY as a member of the National Trust and English heritage that for a small extra charge say ( £10) they could not facilitate
members visiting the complexes, an over night stay, as a security point they already have All your details and accounts to hand .

Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Last year we stayed mostly at ccc cs places, costs ranging from £10 to £18 nightly.
That was for a grass pitch for our MWB campervan.
All of them had fresh water and cdp.
Most had EHU if needed at extra cost typically £3 per 24 hours.
Most had toilet facilities, some had showers.
Some had grey waste disposal.
This was correct for all the area's we stayed, Yorkshire, Notts, Derbyshire, Wales, Shropshire.
Venturing further afield this year and will stick with CCC.
Happy Jack.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back