Camping and caravanning club - charge per person? (2 Viewers)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
As a singleton the C&CC pricing method works well. I often find it is cheaper to use a club site than any CS, as they usually have more costly per pitch based fees.

During summer months my moderate sized PVC works well on the grass pitches, so I don't need to pay for ehu. I think last year on some club sites I was struggling to pay Ā£10 a night in mid season. And had the benefit of the facilities blocks which in a smaller vehicle is nice. Hardstanding inevitably has ehu, which works well early late season when I'm likely to use more heating so extra cost are justified.

Dec 18, 2022
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 254
Exp
4 years
Just having a look to book up somewhere for after easter, initially prices look reasonable, but they are for 1 person, for 2 it is double!

Why double, we still only use 1 pitch?

I can understand if they charge per pitch then per person on top, but this makes no sense at all, I think in future we will just make 2 separate bookings and take 2 pitches!
Sure you have realised by now..................it's all to make it look cheaper.........than it actually is. Years ago I requested that they advise me, how many singles use their sites.............still awaiting a reply!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
As a singleton the C&CC pricing method works well. I often find it is cheaper to use a club site than any CS, as they usually have more costly per pitch based fees.

During summer months my moderate sized PVC works well on the grass pitches, so I don't need to pay for ehu. I think last year on some club sites I was struggling to pay Ā£10 a night in mid season. And had the benefit of the facilities blocks which in a smaller vehicle is nice. Hardstanding inevitably has ehu, which works well early late season when I'm likely to use more heating so extra cost are justified.
You make a good case why the pricing is illogical, a single person in a smaller van, or tent is more likely to use the facilities than a couple in a larger van, logically it should be say Ā£10.a pitch, then Ā£5 a person, + metered electricity.

Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking

Hi Kannon.
Must admit we only used Crowden club site, on 2 separate occasions; with our over 60s and " Grassuk" more than 1 might discount we managed to get price of Ā£12.04 per night.
Yes you can get good prices at club sites, but looking at discounts this year I don't think it's not so good now.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
Yes 100% agree with you... However at CAMC and CCC sites those are virtually non existent.... if any at all.šŸ‘šŸ‘
Hi Kannon.
Must admit we only used Crowden club site, on 2 separate occasions; with our over 60s and " Grassuk" more than 1 might discount we managed to get price of Ā£12.04 per night.
Yes you can get good prices at club sites, but looking at discounts this year I don't think it's not so good now.
Yes agree.... Good prices can be had...
However why should we, as members of the club have to rely on discounts/offers etc to secure "resonable" pitch fees????

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Nice campsite here , Xeraco, Valencia Province, Spain, Ā£17 Euro per night for 2 persons, but you have to take into account traveling costs to get here , but over 8 weeks I think we will be in pocket over CC&C and M&CC

IMG-20240327-WA0000.jpeg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
It would NOT cost you double!

It would with the C&MH Club because, with only a few exceptions which they are now trialling, Standard fee is for 2people + EHU.
Although I am to understand, this was correct a couple of years ago, I have now been informed they have followed the CCC system and now charge for 1pitch + 1person. (additional persons extra) but don't take my word for it, best check yourself! šŸ‘

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Yes agree.... Good prices can be had...
However why should we, as members of the club have to rely on discounts/offers etc to secure "resonable" pitch fees????
Because IF they are important too you, why wouldn't you look for them?
Otherwise, pay the full price? šŸ¤”

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Nice campsite here , Xeraco, Valencia Province, Spain, Ā£17 Euro per night for 2 persons, but you have to take into account traveling costs to get here , but over 8 weeks I think we will be in pocket over CC&C and M&CC

View attachment 880187
Good job we're all different because that is so far from what I want from touring in a motorhome - except maybe the weather. Just watching telly here on a free aire in Esquelbecq, the local beer is so strong I can hardly tell it's starting to rain šŸ˜‚

And the frite van doesn't open on Wednesdays šŸ˜ 

Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking

View attachment 880187
Hi Tony.
8 weeks in Spain yes brilliant but even if we were paying Ā£25 a night at the mix of cs and ccc and independent sites we intend to use this year then 56 x the extra Ā£10 = Ā£560.
Can you get crossing and extra diesel costs for that much ?
Also, extra cost of more comprehensive van and people insurance ?
Our trip in April after Easter is done and dusted and then our May trip then our June trip which we have also organised is costing us an average of Ā£20 a night which brings the 56 night cost down to more like Ā£280 extra.
Doubt if crossing + extra diesel would come in that low.
Still, Spain would be much better for šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

View attachment 880187

I think you need to take into account the weather and other aspects too. It's not all about money!

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Good job we're all different because that is so far from what I want from touring in a motorhome - except maybe the weather.

I emphasise a bit as I to am happy in an Aire rather than an all bells and whistles campsite, However, after spending 10 days off grid camping at Le Mans 24 hour race last year and struggling with 30 degree plus heat the first thing on my wish list of was somewhere with a swimming pool!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I think you need to take into account the weather and other aspects too. It's not all about money!

You're right of course, we should encourage more people to holiday abroad! šŸ‘

(Whatever you do, don't remind them that the last 2 UK Summers, have been the hottest for decades! šŸ˜±)

Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
You're right of course, we should encourage more people to holiday abroad! šŸ‘

(Whatever you do, don't remind them that the last 2 UK Summers, have been the hottest for decades! šŸ˜±)
We remember well the summer of 76.
Came home to the North East after living in South Africa.
Walk to wallšŸ˜¶ from April right through to September, then the heavens opened. It was actually welcome !!!!!!
Happy Jack.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971

View attachment 880187
We were there in January and it was chock a block with Germans, we were the only brits with a couple of French, but I agree itā€™s a nice site,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back