Campaign to free gay Briton Ray Cole from Morocco jail

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
A typical non story. When you go to another country you abide by their rules, wether you like it or not. Did this gay person think that it was alright to display affection to another man in Morocco. Medieval crimes they might seem to us but not to them. So if you going there abide by their rules and you will have a great time.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
MH
A class
Exp
14 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a misleading title to a thread, every one travelling there will way up the pro's and cons but I am sure , this one will be low on the list, act in accordance with Moroccan laws and the threats will be little different than before.

I found the Morrocan people friendly helpful, and never felt anything but safe while travelling through the country.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
"Dover and Deal MP Charlie Elphicke warned travellers that Morocco was unsafe for British tourists."
What a totally irresponsible comment,
Shame on you Charlie Elphicke
They really are desperate for votes aren't they, irresponsible is probably the right word but I have a few others I could put instead.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
What a misleading title to a thread, every one travelling there will way up the pro's and cons but I am sure , this one will be low on the list, act in accordance with Moroccan laws and the threats will be little different than before.

I found the Morrocan people friendly helpful, and never felt anything but safe while travelling through the country.
Lucky you didn't get kidnapped into a Hareem, Carol.......:(:(

Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
"Foreign Office guidelines state that homosexuality is a criminal offence in Morocco and sexual relations outside marriage are also punishable by law."

If thats the case why would they say Morocco is unsafe for British tourists. What they should have said was, Morocco is unsafe for British homosexuals.
A single MP wasn't it?
Hardly Foreign Office guidelines.

If you want to go there, thems the rules.
We expect foreigners to abide by ours, why not the other way around?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
But it's all a bit hypocritical, "women for breeding, boys for pleasure" is a phrase I heard in Kuwait. But the message is clear, obey local laws. A few have fallen foul of this Dubai.
You are a master of British understatement DBk, as you say women for etc and boys etc. That was the case when I served in various parts of the Middle East over a number of years and it is certainly practised here in UK by oil-rich 'playboys'. The more I think about the contradictions in Islam the more I realise how steep is the uphill struggle the next few generations need to be prepared for. What we see is rarely what we get!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
to be honest you do see all sorts over there . every year you see the same campers turn up with local males visiting some vans or ladies visiting others . .you also see several ladies from europe getting male or female visitors .
its not hidden .
i can only imagine we havent heard the full story.
mind you can see it just about anywhere .
even spain has white boot girls and roundabout girls .
bet there is roundabout guys as well but i havent noticed them .

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services