Campaign to free gay Briton Ray Cole from Morocco jail (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
A typical non story. When you go to another country you abide by their rules, wether you like it or not. Did this gay person think that it was alright to display affection to another man in Morocco. Medieval crimes they might seem to us but not to them. So if you going there abide by their rules and you will have a great time.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
"Foreign Office guidelines state that homosexuality is a criminal offence in Morocco and sexual relations outside marriage are also punishable by law."

If thats the case why would they say Morocco is unsafe for British tourists. What they should have said was, Morocco is unsafe for British homosexuals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a misleading title to a thread, every one travelling there will way up the pro's and cons but I am sure , this one will be low on the list, act in accordance with Moroccan laws and the threats will be little different than before.

I found the Morrocan people friendly helpful, and never felt anything but safe while travelling through the country.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
but you can have more than one wife so it equals out a bit . ha ha .

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
"Dover and Deal MP Charlie Elphicke warned travellers that Morocco was unsafe for British tourists."
What a totally irresponsible comment,
Shame on you Charlie Elphicke

They really are desperate for votes aren't they, irresponsible is probably the right word but I have a few others I could put instead.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
What a misleading title to a thread, every one travelling there will way up the pro's and cons but I am sure , this one will be low on the list, act in accordance with Moroccan laws and the threats will be little different than before.

I found the Morrocan people friendly helpful, and never felt anything but safe while travelling through the country.
Lucky you didn't get kidnapped into a Hareem, Carol.......:(:(

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
"Foreign Office guidelines state that homosexuality is a criminal offence in Morocco and sexual relations outside marriage are also punishable by law."

If thats the case why would they say Morocco is unsafe for British tourists. What they should have said was, Morocco is unsafe for British homosexuals.

A single MP wasn't it?
Hardly Foreign Office guidelines.

If you want to go there, thems the rules.
We expect foreigners to abide by ours, why not the other way around?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
But it's all a bit hypocritical, "women for breeding, boys for pleasure" is a phrase I heard in Kuwait. But the message is clear, obey local laws. A few have fallen foul of this Dubai.

You are a master of British understatement DBk, as you say women for etc and boys etc. That was the case when I served in various parts of the Middle East over a number of years and it is certainly practised here in UK by oil-rich 'playboys'. The more I think about the contradictions in Islam the more I realise how steep is the uphill struggle the next few generations need to be prepared for. What we see is rarely what we get!

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Can the OP please amend the thread title to "Morocco Unsafe for GAY British Tourists"
The current title is as bad as the The Daily Mails misleading headlines.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
I would think that a homosexual tourist from any country would be at risk if they practiced their sexual preferences not just British tourists

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
to be honest you do see all sorts over there . every year you see the same campers turn up with local males visiting some vans or ladies visiting others . .you also see several ladies from europe getting male or female visitors .
its not hidden .
i can only imagine we havent heard the full story.
mind you can see it just about anywhere .
even spain has white boot girls and roundabout girls .
bet there is roundabout guys as well but i havent noticed them .

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
OP get a grip man having to change it now any one coming in now is going to be confused now :Eeek:

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Jim, if you must change the title of this thread then kindly remove my name from it. I posted a thread with an appropriate quote from the news item which was clearly in inverted commas. I felt this was an article of general interest to which I posted no personal views. The new thread title gives the impression I in some way support the campaign and I object to that inference being implied without consultation with myself.
To everyone else, I had no input into this thread title change
Thank you.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well some wear red boots . but you must have seen the white plastic chair girls on some of the roads .
they have been there for years .
mind you could try specsavers . ha ha

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, if you must change the title of this thread then kindly remove my name from it. I posted a thread with an appropriate quote from the news item which was clearly in inverted commas. I felt this was an article of general interest to which I posted no personal views. The new thread title gives the impression I in some way support the campaign and I object to that inference being implied without consultation with myself.
To everyone else, I had no input into this thread title change
Thank you.

Sorry about that. Your thread title was misleading which is why I changed it to reflect exactly the link you posted. No worries though, your name is now not associated with it. Thanks

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
could be from sandwitch hee hee.
one day you will learn all about the deigns on a moroccan carpet. it explains it all.
that and a few teapots of sweatmint tea .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back