Bye bye Herman, hello Hermione!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well after a year of gentle persuasion Glynn convinced me that the amount of time we spend in the motorhome warranted upgrading Herman to a newer model. Feeling fiercely loyal to Herman I resisted but have now finally capitulated. We sent an email to Edgehill last month lodging an interest in a nice Hymer B588 they had in stock and mentioned we planned on putting Herman up for sale when we got back to the UK in September. The very next day Edgehill had a couple come in looking for a Herman!! He put them in touch with us and the next thing I know we've cut our trip short and come home to see if a deal can be done. We got home Wednesday and met up at Edgehills Thursday. They were delighted with Herman and we were delighted with Hermione so the deal was done. Absolutely outstanding service from Edgehills as usual and we were given a fantastic deal. Glynn hasn't stopped grinning since and is more excited than a kid at Christmas. We're hoping to get away for a few days in between having some work done on the house but if not we have Lincoln to look forward to!!
image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Looks just the job to continue your travels in enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just for the benefit of others looking to buy, oh boy don't you pay the price for fixed beds, as always. Negligible kitchen and small lounge space.

Obviously you are happy with this compromise, they are all a compromise. Enjoy.

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
We live just around the corner from Edgehill Motorhomes, they certainly have some classy vans in, they have even helped me out with issues when I nip round, even though I did not buy my van from them, excellent staff, I am sure you will be more than happy with your hew purchase, enjoy

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Lovely van, I'm sure you'll love continuing your travels in Hermione (y)

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Just for the benefit of others looking to buy, oh boy don't you pay the price for fixed beds, as always. Negligible kitchen and small lounge space.

Blimey I bet you're fun to spend an evening with :rofl::rofl:

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013

Also for the benefit of others looking to buy - we have a fixed bed, large garage, lovely lounge space and very adequate kitchen worktop space all in a 5.99m van with a Benimar Mileo 201. We are delighted with it - all the space we need without the parking problems of a larger van.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

It always make me smile when motorhome owners make the comment, it's always a compromise. Isn't everything in life? Nothing is absolutely perfect. One might consider something ideal or perfect but thst might be you compromising. A house? Area? There is always something that could be slightly better. Well, maybe not for a lot on here but I've found everything is always a compromise.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Don't you just hate it when somebody steals the very name that you have just agonised over calling YOUR new van.
OK what do WE now call our new MLI.
Millie has been taken so we still need another, Hermione has gone so we need another Gertie was the old van and this one is prettier and more sexy so needs a Germanic female name???
Anyone got a good idea for this problem?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Giselda
Ghislaine

....ours is Gertie (y)
Have to agree with regard to Edgehill - although we didn't buy from them they were great (& local:))

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Don't you just hate it when somebody steals the very name that you have just agonised over calling YOUR new van.
Millie has been taken so we still need another, Hermione has gone so we need another Gertie was the old van and this one is prettier and more sexy so needs a Germanic female name???

'The Van' (y)

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
If i was you I would still call her Hermione, after all we may rarely if ever meet so there wont be any confusion :rofl:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006

ILMA

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
CalleD ours SID because the cab colour is obSIDian black :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hermione DerVan