Burstner Ixeo Time IT590 Sovereign 12v Power Socket? (1 Viewer)

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
There is a cigarette lighter style socket next to the 13 amp plug next to the TV Mounting, but it is too small anaperture to accept a standard cigarette socket. It looks to be about 13mm diameter measured to the outer edge of the black insert sleeve and between 9mm-11mm to the edges of the brass liner of the socket. Would this be the diameter of a Hella plug, perchance? The socket would be ideal for powering the water tank top ups [yesterday's query!] if I can get the right socket?

Tried phoning Electrical Stockists, and the best response I got was, 'Dunno; I can't measure the socket we supply, I'll need to ask Technical Support to measure it. An Engineer will call you back in 3 days ....' Seriously [I have the Enquiry Ref number to confirm that it wasn't a bad dream!]

Steve

Brunhilde 12v TV Socket Possibly.jpg

OP
OP
D

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Just found the socket and ordered online from Altec Automotive for 2-3 days standard delivery. Staring price was £1.95 but the addition of VAT and the delivery charges took the total to £8.33! The place I rang with an Engineer to call me back [looks same product] started at £8.66 plus VAT, so I'm still ahead of the game and should get the plug quicker!

I can also get the cable bought now and have everything ready for the next excursion [famous last words :LOL:].

This has turned into one of those jobs that starts with 'We're quite happy with Brunhilde' but quickly progresses to, 'That's a better way of doing it', via 'Oh, bugger, nobody's got any in stock ...' and back again. By the time it's all done, i could have fetched lots of water from a site tap!

Thanks for all the help with the ID of what is described on Supplier Websites as 'Hella CBE style 12v Plugs and Sockets'. I'll leave this posted to help the next Funster looking for these damn things with the search term!

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
All the habitation 12v sockets in our Burstner are Hella so I bought a couple of multi (cigarette) socket bars that also have two USB sockets built in so that we are well equipped to charge phones, tablets &c.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Buy two just in case.
Too late, I'm afraid; the order is being processed! I did have the same thought about 5minutes after placing the order, but then wandered through to the spare room where all the rest of Mr Justin Case's earlier purchases of trailer tent, folding caravan, touring caravan etc reside ... Sun Canopy [unused] for Raclet Solena Trailer Tent, Thule Ranger Soft Box [used about 3 times] for the Solena Roof Rack, Spare KockeyWheel for the Gobur Folding Caravan, 2 pairs of Fiamma Levelling Blocks, etc etc. And other stuff that I can see but cannot reach yet!

Steve

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
WOW! A trailer tent, folding caravan and a touring caravan all in the spare room.... That's one big house you live in. :ROFLMAO:
Touché :LOL: Well, that's 6 births for starters, so I'd better audition for 'Call the Midwife' ... Or perhaps not ;)

I should just have typed 'purchases for a TT etc! I failed the interview for the Proof Reading vacancy, can't think why ... :LOL:

Steve

• Funny
Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
All the habitation 12v sockets in our Burstner are Hella so I bought a couple of multi (cigarette) socket bars that also have two USB sockets built in so that we are well equipped to charge phones, tablets &c.
I forgot to say that I changed the lighter plug on the bars to a Hella one.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back