LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I see you dont want to go to France so go to the German region of Alsace and do the wine route there !!:winky: At least you do think you might be in Germany !
Well Sarkozy thought it was German.
However, it's still the F word for the OP

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The Mosel is just about perfect for 12 days unless you want to spend all your time driving. :D2
We love it cycled all of it at one time or another, loads of places to stop ............ unless it's in flood after a lot of rain. :eek:
Then it's a re think but its a big country and plenty to see. (y)
Or jump on a plane and fly somewhere relaxing. :ROFLMAO:

Err let me think ;) oh yes we have April and the first two weeks of May available in our apartment in Javea Spain.
https://lasdunasjavea.com
:LOL: Bob.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Guys and Gals

We are looking to venture abroad this year in spring but we are pretty clueless to where exactly to go.
We need the collective experiences and advice from people on this fine forum to get us going !

We dont want to go to France or Spain so we thought we would try Germany, possibly into Denmark,Sweden and Norway if time allows.

Looking at Europe we would be going through Belgium and possibly into the Netherlands but.... we haven't got a clue about where to stop or go from then on!

We will be looking at around 12 days there and back.

So, were to go in Germany ? whats doable in that time and where the heck would we stop ?

We dont really want to wild came but we prefer scenic rather than towns etc.

Come of folks, fire some ideas this way please.

:)

Carl
images (13).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
OK
Get your Tesco Card and use £39 worth of points on a Tunnel Crossing one way at the terminal turn right and head for Germany
Load onto your phone Camperstop or Campercontact and ACSI
Don't plan ANYTHING fly by the seat of your pants

You WILL enjoy it so liberating - - - can't wait to do it with our Motorhome instead of our Caravan as Caravans can't use Aires or Platz

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Load onto your phone Camperstop or Campercontact and ACSI
Re both Camperstop and Campercontact , when you buy the full versions , i see they are both just for one year , is that one year from purchase , or the likes of Feb >>Feb each year ?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Very true or three or four with stopovers. I wouldn't consider doing say Bavaria in a day or two.

It depends on time available. Surrey to Bavaria would be approx. 12 hours; I would prefer to do it in 2 days if the weather is bad rather than 3 - 4 days.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
If you head for the Mosel area, make sure you don't forget Luxembourg, a great little country with plenty to offer.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We've spent hols in France, particularly Provence for years, still not seen it all. Can be down south overnight. Weather really hot from June. Why not try Moustiers St Marie/Gorge Verdon for something different and take in the Valensole lavender plains ?

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Ooooops..... just realised you really really don't want to consider France.... ignore previous post :cycle:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It depends on time available. Surrey to Bavaria would be approx. 12 hours; I would prefer to do it in 2 days if the weather is bad rather than 3 - 4 days.
I see your point. I have friends who travel to Budapest and maps say about 16 hours but invariably it takes them 24-30 hours from Dover

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Another fan of Freiberg and the Black Forest here. We went for the first time this summer and loved it. We stayed in the campsite and walked into tne town every day.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A week in "Skegness"......... then a slow bimble across the Pennine Way and another week in "Blackpool"... (y)

:giggler:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Another fan of Freiberg and the Black Forest here. We went for the first time this summer and loved it. We stayed in the campsite and walked into tne town every day.
Onto Lake Titesee after Freiberg and Triberg. Has the Black Forest Museum. House of 1000 clocks. Lake Titesee also has on if those little road trains and very scenic trip.

OP
OP
EyUp

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
Re both Camperstop and Campercontact , when you buy the full versions , i see they are both just for one year , is that one year from purchase , or the likes of Feb >>Feb each year ?

I have campercontact on my tablet.

I recon I could get to Rhine \ Koblenz no probs in a ( Long ) day. Stay a full day ( so two nights) and then onto the black forest. Chill there for a few days and then back home,,,,, possibly through France with a couple of stops. !!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
You are getting stressed out about where to go, why plan, just go over the water and turn left. We planned our summer trip over a coffee yesterday. Visit grandchildren in Paris then drive east and see what's there ( only because we've been west many times). Trip planned.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

I recon I could get to Rhine \ Koblenz no probs in a ( Long ) day. Stay a full day ( so two nights) and then onto the black forest. Chill there for a few days and then back home,,,,, possibly through France with a couple of stops. !!
There you go, you've built it yourself.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

But that's France!!!!!
images (19).jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We also are considered our first trip abroad in the spring.

So far we have a visit to Keukenhof in Holland, a stop in Bruge and a visit to Dunkirk on the list but not really sure if we should try and fit something else in or if that is enough for ten days without it feeling rushed. Mrs Cornish Boy flys into Amsterdam for work regularly so no point heading up that far as I can always meet her for a weekend there on other occasions.

Intending to use the tunnel because it suits us rather than a North Sea ferry crossing. A couple of quick calc's puts the costs fairly balanced between ferry and tunnel when putting crossing, tolls and fuel into the mix.

Found this SITE useful while looking and working out toll costs and travel times.

Not much in Dunkirque,,BUSBY:D:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Germany, Austria and northern Italy.. Fabulous scenes, people lovely, and well geared up to motorhome travel
Avoid Switzerland .. Lovely scenery but the Swiss are just way too greedy on everything, from Vignette price to a cup of coffee !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back