TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Can anyone recommend a site or place to visit for bonfire night? We have 2 kids and are based near Manchester. There's no decent organised show here so would like to make a weekend of it.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
motorhomes and bonfires don't mix :cool:;)
brian and jo

Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Maybe too far for you but Stockton do a firework display that is quite fantastic. Went some years ago and there is a camp site close to the river and a Steak house type pub. Not sure if it's CC or C&CC.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Iused to love bonfires up in Bradford. But only seen one in all the 20 years I've been darn sarf.

tonybassplayer

Free Member
Sep 20, 2014
Earby
Funster No
MH
Looking to purchase
Exp
Just signed up tonight as we are looking at making a possible purchase next year so please don't think I am pushing for business however I saw your post earlier and thought I would respond.

The place I work at near Skipton has a cracking one every year with the best part of a thousand people attending with a massive firework to music display, huge bonfire with food, drink and live band etc inside the barn. We have a five van CL site attached to the visitor centre.

Unfortunately this year which may not suit you it is actually on the 5th itself rather than the nearest weekend but thought I would mention it in case the children are pre school age.

tonybassplayer

Free Member
Sep 20, 2014
Earby
Funster No
MH
Looking to purchase
Exp
Just signed up tonight as we are looking at making a possible purchase next year so please don't think I am pushing for business however I saw your post earlier and thought I would respond.

The place I work at near Skipton has a cracking one every year with the best part of a thousand people attending with a massive firework to music display, huge bonfire with food, drink and live band etc inside the barn. We have a five van CL site attached to the visitor centre.

Unfortunately this year which may not suit you it is actually on the 5th itself rather than the nearest weekend but thought I would mention it in case the children are pre school age.

Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
You could park your van on the CL at Todmorden cricket club and go to the Hebden Bridge organised bonfire. Do check first though as we are in France at present but no reason to doubt that there will be one this year as every other year

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I dont know if it will be on ?, but if you are a member you can check, we have attended the C& C rally at Windy Harbour off the M55, a couple of times, If not a member you can book into the site and go to the Bonfire & Fireworks anyway, it's was a good show when we went. Pete

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers