TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Can anyone recommend a site or place to visit for bonfire night? We have 2 kids and are based near Manchester. There's no decent organised show here so would like to make a weekend of it.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Maybe too far for you but Stockton do a firework display that is quite fantastic. Went some years ago and there is a camp site close to the river and a Steak house type pub. Not sure if it's CC or C&CC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We used to go to Billing Aquadrome when the kids were young. It was a really good weekend.
Broken Link Removed
Fireworks are viewed from the opposite side of the lake and they reflect in it.
It certainly used to be a really good show. (y)

Upvote 0

tonybassplayer

Free Member
Sep 20, 2014
Earby
Funster No
MH
Looking to purchase
Exp
Just signed up tonight as we are looking at making a possible purchase next year so please don't think I am pushing for business however I saw your post earlier and thought I would respond.

The place I work at near Skipton has a cracking one every year with the best part of a thousand people attending with a massive firework to music display, huge bonfire with food, drink and live band etc inside the barn. We have a five van CL site attached to the visitor centre.

Unfortunately this year which may not suit you it is actually on the 5th itself rather than the nearest weekend but thought I would mention it in case the children are pre school age.

Upvote 0

tonybassplayer

Free Member
Sep 20, 2014
Earby
Funster No
MH
Looking to purchase
Exp
Just signed up tonight as we are looking at making a possible purchase next year so please don't think I am pushing for business however I saw your post earlier and thought I would respond.

The place I work at near Skipton has a cracking one every year with the best part of a thousand people attending with a massive firework to music display, huge bonfire with food, drink and live band etc inside the barn. We have a five van CL site attached to the visitor centre.

Unfortunately this year which may not suit you it is actually on the 5th itself rather than the nearest weekend but thought I would mention it in case the children are pre school age.

Upvote 0

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
You could park your van on the CL at Todmorden cricket club and go to the Hebden Bridge organised bonfire. Do check first though as we are in France at present but no reason to doubt that there will be one this year as every other year

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I dont know if it will be on ?, but if you are a member you can check, we have attended the C& C rally at Windy Harbour off the M55, a couple of times, If not a member you can book into the site and go to the Bonfire & Fireworks anyway, it's was a good show when we went. Pete

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back