Blue toilet chemicals in France (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
We’re in Brittany and running out of blue toilet chemicals. Does anyone know where to buy some in France or know of an alternative to use?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We’re in Brittany and running out of blue toilet chemicals. Does anyone know where to buy some in France or know of an alternative to use?

Go to Aldi or Lidl and buy a bottle of bio laundry washing liquid.

When you get home, fit a SOG and then you will not need to add any chemicals to your cassette ever again. (y)

Upvote 0

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Is it easy to fit a SOG?
Very easy , come with instructions that are very easy to follow. Depends on your set up , you get a type that vents through the cassette locker door ( need to drill a hole on the door , a bit scary but done two of those with no problems) Other type vent through the floor or through the roof , I went for a through the floor vented one this time as I have an Elddis CV20 now and couldn’t fit the through the door option as cassette does not give clearance for the SOG fan. I have photos of how I did it I could send to you to give an idea of what’s involved, or look on SOG website to see some examples

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Apr 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic
Very easy , come with instructions that are very easy to follow. Depends on your set up , you get a type that vents through the cassette locker door ( need to drill a hole on the door , a bit scary but done two of those with no problems) Other type vent through the floor or through the roof , I went for a through the floor vented one this time as I have an Elddis CV20 now and couldn’t fit the through the door option as cassette does not give clearance for the SOG fan. I have photos of how I did it I could send to you to give an idea of what’s involved, or look on SOG website to see some examples
Many thanks. Will look at this once I’ve returned home

Upvote 0

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Another benefit is that no-one will park next to you because of the stink.
Yet another myth …….big carbon filter eliminates the fumes …..😲
It’s the green bit in the photo 😉
D70A1A55-3673-4C75-92D5-F6AA12EFBD68.jpeg

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Another benefit is that no-one will park next to you because of the stink.
Another urban myth. We've had SOGs on our last 4 motorhomes and never, ever had any niff evident around the van. As the vent is through the floor, nobody sees it and the very large carbon filter deals with any niff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I forgot to take a spare bottle of toilet blue when I went in July.
I looked in Carrefour and they only sold Campingaz own version but it was an eye watering €23!
Fortunately, my brother in law brought a spare out with him the week later - £6 from Aldi - Blue Diamond.
As someone else has mentioned, I'd go to the supermarket and buy some bio liqui tabs and put one of those in and just remember to pack a toilet blue when you get home so it's ready for next time.
Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I forgot to take a spare bottle of toilet blue when I went in July.
I looked in Carrefour and they only sold Campingaz own version but it was an eye watering €23!
Fortunately, my brother in law brought a spare out with him the week later - £6 from Aldi - Blue Diamond.
As someone else has mentioned, I'd go to the supermarket and buy some bio liqui tabs and put one of those in and just remember to pack a toilet blue when you get home so it's ready for next time.
Have a great trip.
Why bother with toilet blue when bio liquid is good enough to deal with the smells and better than blue for some systems?

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Why bother with toilet blue when bio liquid is good enough to deal with the smells and better than blue for some systems?
Or if you want to buy toilet fluid get green. We bought some Aldi blue by mistake it's still in the garage. The green is fine we usually have green fluid plus a little bio washing liquid a sort of poo cocktail!

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm pretty sure the Aldi one still has formaldehyde in.
It does. But we're not drinking it.
Pretty much most domestic cleaning products and building products has it in.
As do hair straighteners and other products regularly used.
The quantity going into a toilet cassette is only going to become harmful if ingested or washed with or inhaled over a period of time with limited oxygen.

Upvote 0

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Just hope not to be downwind of a SOG equipped van . . . :)
Probably better to comment on something if you actually know how it works , if you’ve been downwind of a smelly van it’s not a SOG equipped one.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7010
Exp
Since 1974
You won't find anything labelled "bio" in France (if referring to washing products.)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back