Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Living in a van with no letter box, and (originally) being unfamiliar with the mysteries of online shopping, meant that any purchases I made were using the traditional method of visiting shops, looking at items, and maybe buying one or two.

Very yesterday.

Tragically I have...

1. Been given permission to have stuff delivered to my old place of work even though I am now (sort of) retired...
2. Gained the "know how" and confidence to use Amazon...

So now, with a couple of clicks, I can buy stuff.

Originally I only bought vital items... a couple of leisure batteries, a gas filling adapter for my Gaslow system, a replacement number plate light...

...The above items arrived promptly when they were meant to.

All too bloody easy...

Just now I have ordered replacement heads for my Philips electric razor (old ones very blunt) and a pair of reclining chairs to replace my broken ones...

This is getting ridiculous...

How do I stop?

Please help.

JJ :cool:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
You click on an item on Amazon prime at 8 pm and it arrives tomorrow

It turns out that when it arrives it doesnt work, so you go back on Amazon , cluck returns and order another one

Next day they pick up the broken one, no questions and later deliver the replacement that is perfect
Day later your money is back in bank for 1st broken one

JUST REMIND ME WHY THE HIGHT STREET IS UNDER PRESSURE- ever tried returning something to the 12 year old spot-ridden oik in Currys?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I buy of them all the time, they deserve the great reputation for service. Just the other day I bought a dog collar, looked just like the one Jazz has now. But it was just good photography and was far smaller than it looked. Immediately applied for a refund, was asked if I wanted a replacement or refund. Refund.

Thank you. Your credit card will be refunded today, please keep the item, no need to return it. (y) .

I've also returned stuff and had the money put back on my card literally 1 minute after it was scanned at the post office! What great service.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants a collar that might just fit a ferret, I have one :D

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I don't do Amazon Prime and am happy to wait 4-5 days for free delivery on orders over £20.

When I had to make up an order to £20, I stuck on a bottle of Jack Daniels. It arrived within 12 hours. Do they think I'm desperate? :LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

How do I stop?

Please help.
Step 1...Close your account
Step 2...cut up all your debit/credit cards
Step 3...delete Amazon from your browser
Step 4...relocate to the other Amazon where there's no Internet.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just got a number plate for my trailer from an amazon marketplace seller.
£6:50 and free 5 day delivery.
Dispatched in 12 hours and delivered in 6 days thanks to bloody useless royal mail.
At least sold by/fulfilled by amazon standard postage nearly always turn up earlier than expected

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Following a few years of excellent service received from Amazon their website is always our first choice for most things and when checking their prices against others who have special offers they are normally found to be competing at the same price or sometimes cheaper.

Reactions: JJ
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have amazon prime but usually tick the box for standard delivery and get about £1 credit towards a kindle book each time. If I order a few things I have to remember to do them all separately and you get the £1 for each item. Yes I know that’s a bit sad !

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Yes I’m willing to overlook the fact they dodge their taxes in this country and treat their employees like slaves because I can get my stuff delivered next day.
The delivery drivers will just throw my stuff behind a bin or lob it over the back gate if I’m out, whereas Royal Mail take it back to the depot and I have to go and get it myself between 9 and 2 when I’m in work!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Love Amazon - armchair shopping and good delivery - what’s not to like?

I have in the last few minutes just purchased a ‘3’ data SIM card for my mi-if unit - £42.45 for 24 gb which can last for upto 24 months. My Memory, who I usually purchase from was a lot more expensive and using Amazon allows me to easily make price comparisons.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Living in a van with no letter box, and (originally) being unfamiliar with the mysteries of online shopping, meant that any purchases I made were using the traditional method of visiting shops, looking at items, and maybe buying one or two.

Very yesterday.

Tragically I have...

1. Been given permission to have stuff delivered to my old place of work even though I am now (sort of) retired...
2. Gained the "know how" and confidence to use Amazon...

So now, with a couple of clicks, I can buy stuff.

Originally I only bought vital items... a couple of leisure batteries, a gas filling adapter for my Gaslow system, a replacement number plate light...

...The above items arrived promptly when they were meant to.

All too bloody easy...

Just now I have ordered replacement heads for my Philips electric razor (old ones very blunt) and a pair of reclining chairs to replace my broken ones...

How do I stop?

Please help.

ASK GOOGLE :Grin:

:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Kath :Grin::Grin:

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Don't use them to send stuff to Italy, Three of the last four parcels I have sent have been lost in the post, The fourth was advertised as a shoulder bag from germany turned up after three weeks of lost and was a baby bag my daughter (who has three sons) was understandably a little shocked to find her dad was thinking she was with child again although her eighteen year old son though it funny, Now we await a refund that will know doubt take weeks. The moral is do not pick birthday presents for your daughter leave it to swmbo.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Just got an email from Amazon... the chair company won't send to Portugal... grrrrrrrr.

Will try a different one tomorrow...

try amazon.es, amazon.fr, amazon.it etc
ive oredred from several european amazon sites in past (y)
comparrison site across all european sites for amazon
https://amadeal.eu

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes I’m willing to overlook the fact they dodge their taxes in this country

If it were up to me, Any company that employed 15,000 people in the UK I'd ensure they paid no corporation tax or business rates at all. (y)

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
JUST REMIND ME WHY THE HIGHT STREET IS UNDER PRESSURE- ever tried returning something to the 12 year old spot-ridden oik in Currys?

Bought a toaster from John Lewis that had to be returned just within the 2yr guarantee, I was given a new one no questions asked and was refunded £25 because it was in the sale and selling that much cheaper than when I bought it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't agree, they may not have been very good in the past but these days they are brilliant, they refund or replace no questions asked.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
My best with Amazon was when I was in Halfords and remembered that I needed some wiper blades. Got them home and found them on Amazon for £5 less that evening. Amazon's arrived in less than 12 hours and I had to wait for Halfords to open to return them the following morning.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I use Amazon , service protection when buying /returning and normally very competitive.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Our local Amazon driver even takes a photo to confirm that the parcel's left in the porch (as requested)
untitled.png

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's a lot easier to pop into a high street shop for a refund or replacement than sending back to an on-line retailer.

I've returned goods to Currys, Argos, J Lewis, Sports Direct, Next, Fatface and many others .. no quibble .. the 'spotted youth ' is an urban legend .. these days most staff are well trained and polite

Buying sports wear, clothes or shoes on-line is always a gamble.. much prefer going to a store and feeling the quality and getting the correct size.. use the high street shops or lose them.

Don't misunderstand, I also buy a lot of stuff on-line but if I can find locally will give them the business first

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just reordered the chair (via Amazon) with a company that does deliver to Portugal... takes quite some time to deliver... maybe the grass will be cut by the time it arrives. (y)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It's a lot easier to pop into a high street shop for a refund or replacement than sending back to an on-line retailer.

I've returned goods to Currys, Argos, J Lewis, Sports Direct, Next, Fatface and many others .. no quibble .. the 'spotted youth ' is an urban legend .. these days most staff are well trained and polite

Buying sports wear, clothes or shoes on-line is always a gamble.. much prefer going to a store and feeling the quality and getting the correct size.. use the high street shops or lose them
But should we not be rethinking what happens on high streets? I agree with you about clothes and food but most other things are more cheaply provided on the internet. Not sure what should be done but just think any Mary Portas type re-jig is doomed to failure. The monotony of many UK high streets National brands/charity shops/estate agents is not great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back