Bl%$&Y Hermes (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
My Gas fired heater developed a couple of faults so I contacted those lovely people down south and they suggested I sent it back to them for repair, I packed up the heater and took it to my local Hermes parcel shop after paying the courier and insurance fee. I had estimated its value at a little less than a third of the price of a new heater, After all what can go wrong!

The parcel was sent on the 17 Oct and by 18 Oct It was showing as in my local depot, and this is where it still is according to their tracking system, when I asked when it is going to be delivered they messaged me saying it was lost and attached a claim form. This was on the 22 Oct.

They keep asking me for a receipt for the heater and of course I keep telling them that their is no receipt as its my own property going for repair but they still keep asking and its now been nearly 7 weeks. As far as I can see, if I paid for insurance for an item they lost it shouldn't be incumbent on me to prove its worth, I just wanted my heater repaired and returned and my van has been unusable since this saga started and they are getting increasingly difficult to contact.

Any suggestion folks.

mike

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Wife just got her delivery today that she ordered last Friday!

she rang the retailer 3 times to see where it was they tracked it and said it’s on its way finally by Friday they said Hermes had lost it and would send another, the first one has come this morning so she now has to ring and cancel the second item.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
My Gas fired heater developed a couple of faults so I contacted those lovely people down south and they suggested I sent it back to them for repair, I packed up the heater and took it to my local Hermes parcel shop after paying the courier and insurance fee. I had estimated its value at a little less than a third of the price of a new heater, After all what can go wrong!

The parcel was sent on the 17 Oct and by 18 Oct It was showing as in my local depot, and this is where it still is according to their tracking system, when I asked when it is going to be delivered they messaged me saying it was lost and attached a claim form. This was on the 22 Oct.

They keep asking me for a receipt for the heater and of course I keep telling them that their is no receipt as its my own property going for repair but they still keep asking and its now been nearly 7 weeks. As far as I can see, if I paid for insurance for an item they lost it shouldn't be incumbent on me to prove its worth, I just wanted my heater repaired and returned and my van has been unusable since this saga started and they are getting increasingly difficult to contact.

Any suggestion folks.

mike

Hermes Parcelnet UK
0nW9lEwj_normal.jpg
Mr Martijn de LangeChief Executive
EmailMartijn.deLange@hermes-europe.co.uk
Telephone0113 397 6400
Switchboard0113 397 6400
Websitehttps://www.hermes-europe.co.uk
Social MediaT
Postal AddressCapitol House 1 Capitol Close, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS27 0WHM
Company Number03900782Broken Link Removed
Company StatusActive (Established 22/12/1999)
Advice from CEOemail.comHow to write your email to a CEO
Related listsBroken Link Removed
See alsoBroken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

AB798452-33C6-4593-BDB6-6CF98A8959AF.png Hope its of use
AB798452-33C6-4593-BDB6-6CF98A8959AF.png

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
That ones lost - don’t delay get another and send them the receipt for the replacement unit!

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Beat me to it.
Same here , when I order I ask who their courier is , if the say Hermes , I tell them to use someone else even if I have to pay the extra , they are total disaster , have had items totally lost , and also lost and then found in their depot a week later . They even managed to lose the item I returned when the original was delivered 10 days late !! .

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Dog food ordered, lost!
Replaced by supplier, lost!
Replaced by supplier, arrived 2 \ 3 days late with 2nd order.
Still awaiting collection of a previous order after 4 \ 5 weeks (supplier has credited)!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well, just to be fair, we get a number of deliveries via Hermes, mostly craft stuff the wife orders, and have had no problems. In fact we've now built up a bit of a relationship with the regular Hermes courier - he doesn't bother ringing the bell anymore, just lets himself in! Even the dog takes no notice!

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hermes bloke who delivers here nigh on a daily basis, is excellent. No problems either with any of the others who also deliver daily & considering where we are is in middle of nowhere down an unadopted farm track can't complain.

Gota say no problems here with Hermes, be-it delivery or collection, we’re here in the south, most of my deliveries are Hermes, 1st rate

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I’ve sent hundreds of items with them , they are a lot better now than they used to be BUT trying to claim for lost or damaged goods is a waste of time , it’s like hitting your head off the wall , I would just start a claim in small claims court , probably the only way you’ll get satisfaction

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Only used Herpes twice and they lost both items, including one that was out for delivery and "disappeared" off the van. I wouldn't use them again if they were the last couriers on earth.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Well, just to be fair, we get a number of deliveries via Hermes, mostly craft stuff the wife orders, and have had no problems. In fact we've now built up a bit of a relationship with the regular Hermes courier - he doesn't bother ringing the bell anymore, just lets himself in! Even the dog takes no notice!
Strange to hear so many negatives comments about Hermes. I have been using them for the past seven years and only had the odd late delivery /collection. I send out upto 20items à week and have daily deliveries... Mind you I don't send any thing via any courier during December.... My chill time.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Constant problems with Hermes in the past. Only recently we ordered a duvet from Dunelm's for our elderly neighbour and they sent it via Hermes, we got the tracking email from them saying it had been collected and would be with us shortly. Then a second email saving its been delayed and would be moving within the next 24 hours. Three days later the tracking on the item had still not moved so rang Dunelm's who refunded our money in full because it must be lost - then 5 days later Hermes decided to deliver it.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Our experience with them is mainly very negative - recently we had a parcel sent to us which their tracking system showed as unable to deliver, no reply - a lie, as we were in and live down a cul de sac - out for delivery next day, not delivered. Following day it was finally delivered by a guy who saI’d he was part of a special team brought in from Glasgow because the depot was chaos. I’ve got every sympathy with the drivers who work under horrendous conditions (like most courier firms) but the company is s..t.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Must say it is def. regional !
Around here DPD is mentioned and to save time you put in a claim straight away !
Yet Hermes.. no problem
In 15 years of using them to deliver my stuff from Jaws Motorcycles I only even lost one parcel.. Put in a claim and it was paid the same day
I still use them now ( but no longer 30 to 50 parcels a day just the odd couple a month )

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Had two online purchases delivered this week via Hermes. The first was 2 days overdue and on checking the tracking was surprised to see "Delivery Attempted-No reply The second parcel only had to travel 83 miles and took 6 days. I was also tracking it and again saw "Delivery Attempted-No reply. Like Solwaybuggier, we were home both evenings and live in a cul-de-sac so always hear vehicles on our drive.
I finally got talking to a Hermes employee (off the record of course) and she told me that if the drivers are running late (they are not supposed to deliver after 8pm) or if they exceed the delivery time slots and have to return to the depot with undelivered items, the "delivery attempted" is one of only 2 options the drivers have available to enter as a reason for the parcel ending up back at the depot.
They cannot admit they just ran out of time for any reason. The are effectively forced to lie to the customer.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Daughters Christmas present last year, China tea set, in a box marked fragile thrown over a 6ft gate 2 houses away from our house! Even though we were in at the time, bike bags left in a safe place! The dustbin on collection day, luckily my son popped in and rescued them, we were in France , they were supposed to be delivered the week before we left and were dispatched in time to be delivered then.
I now ask if they use herpes if they do I buy elsewhere.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We've used Herpes for years and never had a problem....until the three we sent last Monday which seem to have disappeared! On the other hand we had another large item to go to the USA which with trepidation we sent Parcel Farce ( booked through Parcel Monkey as it was cheaper :unsure:) we could track it's every move and process and it is out for delivery today....just hope it's still in one piece:xgrin:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well it seems to be that parcel delivery is very much down to the luck of the draw! Certainly our guy has said it gets manic at times, so much so that he has actually cut his round down because he simply couldn't get all his expected deliveries done in the time allowed.
We also get DPD quite often - they're fantastic, we get a text a couple of hours before it's due and almost without fail he arrives right on the dot.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Only had one problem with Hermes and that was sorted out about 3 months later when the Amazon Echo arrived. Had complained and received a refund from e-bay at the time of non-delivery and assumed the sender had managed to get their refund too.
The delivery driver was amazed it was so late but just said it must have been in a corner of the system somewhere.
Moral to the tale is "never give up"

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
I sold a guitar and shipped it to Barrow in Furness via Hermes. A week after I checked and the system said it had been delivered. The customer said it hadn't. I emailed customer service to be told I had to wait 72 hours while they check on it. A few days later they tell me it has been delivered. I tell them it hasn't. They say they will check with the region coordinator who will talk to the courier. Three days later they tell me the courier has delivered it, case closed.
A day later my customers neighbour three doors down comes back from holiday and finds a package in his shed!

So if you are a courier and want to steal expensive items just claim you have delivered them, case closed.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
RESULT. Using the info from tofo I E-Mailed the Chief Executive and the following day received a phone call and two E-Mails and have just received the insured amount plus my initial courier fees back into my account. :Grin:

Thanks tofo

Mike
Thanks for that praise but ShiftZZ sent me that info
many moons back and it has proved worth while

the start point for the addresses lie in this link

Link Removed

well worth saving

:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun