Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just noticed a BIT COIN ad on the side of a page on here..Has anyone invested in this Crypto Currency and actually made any money...According to the ad The DRAGONS are all over it,,Dont remember seeing that on TV. BUSBY:xsmile:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I know two people that have put money into crypto and both have lost out :rolleyes:

Think I’ll give it a miss, it’s far more comfortable sleeping on it :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Some folk made some money,some folk lost some money,‘‘twas ever thus.
Never invest in anything that you do not fully understand.

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Just noticed a BIT COIN ad on the side of a page on here..Has anyone invested in this Crypto Currency and actually made any money...According to the ad The DRAGONS are all over it,,Dont remember seeing that on TV. BUSBY:xsmile:

The specific currency in the advert mentioned in the original post is a scam. Google ‘bitcoin dragons den investment’ for more information.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Some folk made some money,some folk lost some money,‘‘twas ever thus.
Never invest in anything that you do not fully understand.

Typically the founders and early adopters....just think of how many places accept crypto currency outside of the darkweb... M&S .. John Lewis... I think not ..

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Typically the founders and early adopters....just think of how many places accept crypto currency outside of the darkweb... M&S .. John Lewis... I think not ..
Sorry, I don’t understand what point,if any, you are making.
Happy to be educated......

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Definate scam. Deborah meadon has even put a warning on her website. She was quoted in the scam as having been an interested dragon....

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Search google for Bitcoin price chart to see what's happening with it, like most things it's heading downward at the moment, you pays your money and takes your chance. personally I wouldn't, but i'm not you. Had we been there at the start we might be very rich now.:xsmile:

CPhoenix

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Beeston, Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Waiting for delivery
Exp
Total newb
I'll start off saying the same thing I say to anyone investing in anything, stocks, forex, crypto or otherwise.... Always do your own research and never rely on anyone to give to all or even the correct info.

Whilst it's up to you to decide on whether you think that bitcoin or any other crypto is a viable or not, the dragons den advert that's been doing the rounds is definitely a scam, designed to decieve newly interested people and those looking to get rich quick.

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
I hold 3 crypto’s.

I am still ahead but I bought them to hold for 10 years plus just in case they do become the next big thing.

The Blockchain technology behind all of this is definitely not a scam considering the many multinational companies investing into and developing solutions with the technology.

It is less clear whether the Crypto coins themselves will succeed especially as a store of wealth and even if they did it’s likely the vast majority will fall by the wayside, leaving a few big winners.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Fed up of all the ads popping up on this forum I am on other forums and don't se any of that crap it you a subscribing member
Bill

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
The “dragons” and ‘bitcoin loophole’ is a very clever scam, if clever is the correct word

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Sorry, I don’t understand what point,if any, you are making.
Happy to be educated......

The first point I'm making is the early adopters got in at say 50p...
The second point is ... where can you spend those Bitcoins... I mean for the general population..

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
google adblock plus and install it to get rid of all the scam adverts

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
The first point I'm making is the early adopters got in at say 50p...
The second point is ... where can you spend those Bitcoins... I mean for the general population..

Just some fun facts about Bitcoin from wikipedia.

In 2010, the first known commercial transaction using bitcoin occurred when programmer Laszlo Hanyecz bought two Papa John's pizzas for 10,000 bitcoin

In 2011, the price started at $0.30 per bitcoin, growing to $5.27 for the year.

Todays price for Bitcoin appears to be $3879.53 and i believe at one stage it was over $19000. I bet Laszlo wished he hadn't spent his bitcoins on Pizza :D

I believe one of the reasons why there may be a demand for these is because apparently any transaction using bitcoin is untraceable because of the encryption used to prevent fraud.

CPhoenix

Free Member
Mar 19, 2018
Beeston, Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Waiting for delivery
Exp
Total newb
apparently any transaction using bitcoin is untraceable because of the encryption used to prevent fraud.

This is a common misconception for bitcoin. All transactions are "traceable" as they are linked and recorded an within the network.

Bitcoin offers pseudo-anonymity, i.e. if you take just one transaction from the network and don't know who sent or received it then it's relatively anonymous. However if find out someone's identity who owned the bitcoin in one of the transactions (say someone bought a car with it and gave their name and address) then you can start to track the ownership.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
I have a good friend who invested heavily in them a few years ago. He now has a small fortune.

Although, I must admit, he started out with a Large Fortune:)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I have a good friend who invested heavily in them a few years ago. He now has a small fortune.

Although, I must admit, he started out with a Large Fortune:)

A joke for all seasons... i never miss an opportunity to mock people who get sucked in buy stuff like this.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I did see the pitch on dragons den , it was an app they were interested in , the app monitored the value of bit coins then bought & sold at the rite time

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Where did you see the pitch?

On normal tv , think it was BBC1 , the app might have been called bit coin code ( can’t quite remember) , it seems loads of scammers are linking the dragons to their scam sites changing the name slightly
,eg Bit coin trader / bit coin loophole , there is lots on the net about it
, I even found one telling about all the scam sites & then directing you to his scam site , just can’t keep up with them lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back