LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
As I'm about to have refillable gas installed I thought I'd look for an app. for finding LPG stations. However, when I looked at what was available they ALL seem to have awful reviews. Now I know you have to take such reviews with a modicum of saline but when faced with nothing but bad reviews how do you choose - or is there a better option?

Wyn

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Mylpg.eu isn't updated regularly enough.

There are several on there that I know for certain haven't sold lpg for 18 months - 2 years.

www.filllpg.co.uk is a better bet. It's certainly more up to date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Mylpg.eu isn't updated regularly enough.

There are several on there that I know for certain haven't sold lpg for 18 months - 2 years.

www.filllpg.co.uk is a better bet. It's certainly more up to date.
What a crappy website
Not mobile friendly

Maybe time for MyLPG.eu to clean up its database ?

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I also like FillLPG for Android in UK.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am totally livid with LPG.

I saw Keele Services as an LPG place. Since we found a closed down pump last time we tried in a motorway I rang Keele and asked if they sold LPG - YES.

We arrive in Keele, Thursday, pump wrapped up in not working tapes.

I'm beginning to have my doubts about LPG refillables.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Have you sent them the info so they can update their database? Apps like these are only as good as the users passing on the information.
Never found out how to update MyLPG from their app. Not intuitive at all. On the other hand it is very easy to update FillLPG direct from their app and I have done so on occassions.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We arrive in Keele, Thursday, pump wrapped up in not working tapes.

Your going to pay top dollar at a motorway services (assuming the pumps is working) why not try asking a local taxi driver where they buy LPG ?
I use these 49 pence per litre :-
Capital Gas Stoke
Broken Link Removed: Salem Street, Etruria, Stoke On Trent, Staffordshire ST1 5PR
Broken Link Removed: 01782 265300

There`s always a taxi filling or one waiting behind when I`m there. There`s a friendly assistant as well to do the trigger business. I`ve never filled anywhere else

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Maybe time for MyLPG.eu to clean up its database ?

I get the distinct impression from looking at it that mylpg is someone's little side project rather than a commercial operation. If that's the case and it's one person they may have more important things to worry about.

Could be wrong of course.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I get the distinct impression from looking at it that mylpg is someone's little side project rather than a commercial operation. If that's the case and it's one person they may have more important things to worry about.

Could be wrong of course.
I agree
Furthermore I think LPG market is shrinking over time and therefore the website itself is less relevant than it was

It would be helpful if the app allowed you to report stations that no longer sell the product, in the same way that you can report incorrect info on Campercontact

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Never found out how to update MyLPG from their app. Not intuitive at all. On the other hand it is very easy to update FillLPG direct from their app and I have done so on occassions.
Every time you open the app it gives you the date last updated and a big button for updating.
Never used it in the UK but its always been spot on abroad on the few times I've used it in Portugal, Spain and last week in Belgium.

Screen shot of my opening screen.

Screenshot_2017-08-28-09-24-10.png

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Have you sent them the info so they can update their database? Apps like these are only as good as the users passing on the information.

I shouldn't need to.

It's no secret that BP garages no longer sell lpg so it should have been an obvious database update 18 months ago to remove them all. For whatever reason whoever operates the site hasn't felt the need to bother.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I shouldn't need to.

It's no secret that BP garages no longer sell lpg so it should have been an obvious database update 18 months ago to remove them all. For whatever reason whoever operates the site hasn't felt the need to bother.
But that is how the app works just like Camper Contact these type of apps relying on user input without it they useless, if you can't be bother to pass on up to date info you shouldn't critisize it or use it.

That's untrue about BP I still fill up at BP garages no sign of them stopping LPG around here.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
But that is how the app works just like Camper Contact these type of apps relying on user input without it they useless, if you can't be bother to pass on up to date info you shouldn't critisize it or use it.

That's untrue about BP I still fill up at BP garages no sign of them stopping LPG around here.

I don't use it. I use one that's accurate without me doing their job for them. (y)

OK I could have perhaps worded the BP thing better. They have withdrawn it at all BP owned sites. Franchises are still free to sell it if they choose to do so.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I don't use it. I use one that's accurate without me doing their job for them. (y)

OK I could have perhaps worded the BP thing better. They have withdrawn it at all BP owned sites. Franchises are still free to sell it if they choose to do so.
If you mean FillLPG that works by people reporting changes, in the same way as many other review sites do including MyLPG, campercontact, etc. How else do you expect them to work, given that they are free for you to use? They are hardly going to afford to employ an army of people driving around Europe looking for LPG pumps are they?

You are not "doing their job for them" when you report things on LPG, campsites and other free review apps. You are paying in kind for the free service they offer you.

Do your bit to make them better, rather than just moaning! (y):D2

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Just installed mylpg on an iPhone, and my local area shows LPG correctly, including the fact that none is available from our local BP garage which used to sell it and still has the pump.

I shouldn't need to.

I use one that's accurate without me doing their job for them. (y)

Have you a commercial paid for copy of mylpg then rather than the free one?

Malcolm

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Have you a commercial paid for copy of mylpg then rather than the free one?

No.

I don't use mylpg in any form and won't as long as the map is 2 years out of date.

I also won't drive around scouting sites that neither them or any of their so called dedicated users can't be bothered to upload.

If they could keep it even close to current I'd happily use a paid for version.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You are not "doing their job for them" when you report things on LPG, campsites and other free review apps. You are paying in kind for the free service they offer you.

That's the problem isn't it. Someone's thrown together a Google map and then abandoned it and we're all meant to be grateful and keep it updated for him? No thanks.

I'd rather use a paid for commercial service if one existed.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That's the problem isn't it. Someone's thrown together a Google map and then abandoned it and we're all meant to be grateful and keep it updated for him? No thanks.

I'd rather use a paid for commercial service if one existed.
But you said you were using FillLPG which works in exactly the same way as MyLPG and that was what my comment was aimed at.

If there truly was a "commercial" one that did not rely upon users input I doubt that you would want to pay the going rate for it given that the costs of keeping it up to date to your standards would be enormous.

I use FillLPG in the UK and MyLPG in Europe (France, Spain, Portugal and Italy) and have only had one problem with their accuracy. And that was because the garage had only stopped using the gas pump a week or so before. I doubt that even a "commercial" service would have picked that up that quickly.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
But you said you were using FillLPG which works in exactly the same way as MyLPG and that was what my comment was aimed at.

If there truly was a "commercial" one that did not rely upon users input I doubt that you would want to pay the going rate for it given that the costs of keeping it up to date to your standards would be enormous.

I use FillLPG in the UK and MyLPG in Europe (France, Spain, Portugal and Italy) and have only had one problem with their accuracy. And that was because the garage had only stopped using the gas pump a week or so before. I doubt that even a "commercial" service would have picked that up that quickly.

I didn't say I use FillLPG. I said it's a better, more up to date one than MyLPG. I don't use any of them regularly, I usually just stop off and top up whenever I see somewhere and I know the 1st bottle is getting low. I never let it get low enough to have to panic and find somewhere

You really have no idea of the cost of providing a commercial service, what a commercial service would entail or what I would be willing to be pay to use it so your second paragraph is meaningless.

I'm not talking about places only stopping a week ago. I'm talking about a major national chain making a big announcement 2 years ago that they were removing the LPG pumps at several hundred outlets nationwide and the operator of MyLPG still not bothering to act on it. If he had had 300 emails from users reporting each one separately do you think he would have bothered? I have my doubts.

If you were operating a site based on one single topic do you really think it's unreasonable for your users and potential users to expect you to stay current on the subject?

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Is there an app for FillLPG on IOS ??
I don't think so. It seems to be only Android app.

You can access it through your browser, which isn't ideal but it works.

I just tried it once in Somerset and found it to be more accurate than myLPG.

It may also help to phone the station you're going to, to confirm price and availability.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Is there an app for FillLPG on IOS ??
I have no problem using their browser link, have added it to my favourites. Would be nice if there was an ios app but the web site works fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back