Berlingo with captain seats? (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Citroen Berlingo tbc
Hi guys. I’m looking into the feasibility of captain seats in a Citroen Berlingo van. I know I’ll need to swap out the passenger double for a driver style single but I can’t see that being an issue? Obviously the bulkhead will need to go but I need to loose this anyways for the extra length (L1). Has anyone tried this or similar? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
T
Jul 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Citroen Berlingo tbc
For clarity I’m looking to do both seats. I know the drivers seat will have to move due to the steering but whilst it spun round minimal stability is all I need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Your problem will be finding a pair of seats combined with swivel units that will not be too tall and end up either hitting the headliner or worse still the bum cushion is too high so you end up with your head banging against the headliner and not be able to see properly through the windscreen. Good luck finding seats

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I had a 58 reg Berlingo works van. From what I remember of it the front seats were lower than the floor in the back 🤔.
Also can't imagine swiveling seats in such a small van width wise... I may be wrong so ignore me 🙄😊

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Berlingos are widely used by disabled people under the gov't's Motability scheme. Perhaps converters have swivelling seats available for people who have difficulty getting in and out of the vehicle?

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Does the Berlingo have a triple front seat?

Is there not a transmission tunnel handbrake in the way?

Are you looking at professional model or a

You will need a way of securing the swivel

OP
OP
T
Jul 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Citroen Berlingo tbc
The disability angle is a good point and yeah after looking at them today the seat mounts are lower which may help or hinder. My intention is to go with an approved method for insurance purposes but fundamentally I just need to turn the seat round. If it’s swivels fine but I’m more than happy to lean it back, roll it over and sit it back up if a method can be found. I need a better look at a swivel bracket. I may be able to disconnect the two parts for this purpose without compromising the securing methods when being driven. The Berlingo multi space has two single seats in the front so the double in a van should be an easy swap. The height issue is a concern and the frustrating thing is a can design and fabricate something that I know would work but the legal side of things I suspect isn’t worth the risk.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back