Nov 9, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Fiat CI Carioca
Exp
None
Hi all

Very new to all of this so please be patient.

Having only just purchased our first ever MH i was trying to work out how everything works...

Am i right in thinking that whilst i had the van plugged into a socket from my garage to the hook up onboard that this should charge the leisure battery??

Reason i ask is that whilst checking over a few bits the leisure battery ran out so consequently i plugged in the extension. The light on the control panel said it had a 240 supply going in however after leaving this plugged in for around 4 hours there was still no charge to the battery and a warning light on the control panel showing no charge in the battery.

I am probably doing something daft but as i said its all new at the moment so any advice on what i should be or need to be doing would be great.

Thanks in advance

Rob

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
on ehu you should get a charge to the leisure but try leaving it for much longer and check the panel to see if there is any charge on the bats

Upvote 0

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
my charger in under my seat is that switched on to charge the bat ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some onboard chargers have a separate switch, often illuminated when on. or the battery may be faulty

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rob

Free Member
Nov 9, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Fiat CI Carioca
Exp
None
Thanks for all the replies

Cant seem to find any switches for chargers anywhere?

No switch on control panel either.

Can only see a main trip switch in the cupboard under the grill

Thanks

Rob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rob

Free Member
Nov 9, 2014
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Fiat CI Carioca
Exp
None
Hi Bill

The only thing under the drivers seat is the leisure battery

Rob

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You haven't said what motorhome you have. Chargers and the switch for same can be inb funny places. On an old Kon-Tiki I had the charger and a big red illuminated switch were under the wardrobe, and you had to remove the floor of the wardrobe to get at it.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
In our Wentworth you have to switch the charger on too. Switch is illuminated red.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
On our CI there was a large fuse in a black cover under the seat next to the charger & a simillar one near the battery. The control panel above the hab door had a button to switch the battery on & off.
The control panel controls the relays in the black box behind the drivers seat(fuses inside the lid).

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Main breakers on the left. DC 12 fuses, then internal switches. Main off auxiliary. Pump on. Charger on. Etc. etc.

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
You haven't said what motorhome you have. Chargers and the switch for same can be inb funny places. On an old Kon-Tiki I had the charger and a big red illuminated switch were under the wardrobe, and you had to remove the floor of the wardrobe to get at it.

Same in my ex Auto-sleeper, although there was a small round hole so you could see the switch and light without having to remove enything(y)

Upvote 0

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you have a multimeter take a reading (on the leisure battery!) with ehu, this should be noticeably higher than when measured without ehu and would indicate your battery is being charged If the reading is less than 12v without ehu then repost as your battery is possibly u/s

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back