Bailey 68-2 2017 model (1 Viewer)

pangpete

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
We picked up a brand new Bailey 68-2 motorhome last Wednesday which will be our fourth motorhome. The Van looks great but having started off on our first trip yesterday we had to abort our trip after 15 miles. Whilst motorhomes are noisy, the noise in the new Bailey was horrendous. We have therefore rejected the motorhome and returned it to the dealer. At the dealer upon intial inspection, we found the drawer fronts were loose (screws weren't tightened up), the glass hob cover hit the controls as the rubber grommets weren't large enough, screws were missing from the pop up shelf on the pop up shelf, the microwave was loose and the toilet door didn't fit correctly. Whilst I was driving my wife noticed the whole kitchen carcass seemed to be flexing and twisting so I am sure other things are wrong as well.

Has anybody else had issues with new Bailey motorhomes?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
It's very sad news that you've had to find yourself in the position of rejecting your new pride and joy.

That said, can you recall that time (in the history books) when the British craftsmen were at the top of their game and yet now they can't even screw/align two pieces of cheap ply.

Personally speaking I think Bailey needs to pick itself up a bit in terms of the final quality that it gives its customers.

I hope everything turns out well for you, really I do.

All the best,

Andrew

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
What a dissappointment! :cry: Hope the dealer is treating this with the seriousness and attention it deserves. You must be gutted. Are they offering you another van in the meantime?
And,
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

pangpete

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
Very disappointing, didn't you notice any of the faults when you collected the moho?

Criag
Hi, very difficult to spot these sort of issues when picking it up. Only became evident when driving on the road especially with a full load of gear

OP
OP
P

pangpete

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
What a dissappointment! :cry: Hope the dealer is treating this with the seriousness and attention it deserves. You must be gutted. Are they offering you another van in the meantime?
And,
View attachment 185402
At this stage, they are trying to sort out the issues and haven't responded regarding my comment about rejecting the motorhome as they feel the issues are minor. There has been no offer yet as respects offering a van in the meantime but at a minimum, I will be asking for compensation as well as reasons why these issues weren't found during the PDI which evidently Bailey and the dealer both do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
You have 30 days under the Consumer Act to reject the goods - the retailer (dealer) has to provide full refund.

After 30 days it will be harder but not impossible to reject and get all your money back

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back