Rally Bagwell Rally, Weymouth, June 2016. Official List. (2 Viewers)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny, one of the best items I have fitted to the MH, 95% of the time I get free wifi and yes it is a costly system the motorhomewifi.com sell, but pays for itself over a short period of time. If you have a BT account then FON is no problem, but if not motorhomewifi also sell the FON router and then you have an account to log in with.
I'm not selling motorhomewifi and have nothing to do with them.
Have had very good results with my cheap aerial in the past, I have an Alfa router from solwise and did have the Solwise omi areial the cheap directional one out performs that my a mile.
I don't mind spending on a more expensive aerial if I know it will work better, if your results are anything to go by well worth it as now are spending much longer away in the van.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too many other people had their Iboosts set up before i got here. Can't get on for love nor money

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
My WiFi is a Pay as you Go 4g on a EE box the size of a square matchbox and my tv Ariel is what I bought with my Avtec tv , it looks like a wire coat hanger. At Bagwell I am getting 144 tv stations and 64 radio stations.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Too many other people had their Iboosts set up before i got here. Can't get on for love nor money
Clive there should be no reason whatsoever why you cannot get connected as the FON spot has unlimited access. The iBoost does not and will not stop you connecting and currently there is only one iBoost running when I did a sweep around camp site as I write this.

Last edited:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Have had very good results with my cheap aerial in the past, I have an Alfa router from solwise and did have the Solwise omi areial the cheap directional one out performs that my a mile.
I don't mind spending on a more expensive aerial if I know it will work better, if your results are anything to go by well worth it as now are spending much longer away in the van.

We have the iboost D8 directional which we're not using at the moment. You're welcome to try it to see if improves your connection.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
E="Don Quixote, post: 1921806, member: 22171"]Clive there should be no reason whatsoever why you cannot get connected as the FON spot has unlimited access. The iBoost does not and will not stop you connecting and currently there is only one iBoost running when I did a sweep around camp site as I write this.[/QUOTE]
That's probably mine. The signal is from behind the Pub apparently they dont have BT. Managed to watch the MotoGP on Sunday.
Phil.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like the Fon is Valentines kennels so about 600m which is impressive (y) Not having had WiFi on pitch at Bagwell & realising how much we miss it even when away for short periods we are trying to work out the best budget option for us. The Motorhome WiFi system looks great but so much dearer than similar components from elsewhere that need to be sure before happy to pay out so much more. Did try to get a deal for Funsters at Newbury Show (free case?) but no joy :(

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
A little reminder in case anyone is interested:

CRAFT FAIR & TABLE SALE

Thursday 30th June

10am in the Marquee

Bring any crafty bits and pieces to sell and maybe give a percentage to the hospice.

Also anyone with Motorhome bits and pieces to sell you are welcome to come along too.

Please spread the word in case people haven't got internet access.

Thanks.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
That would be great

Thanks very much, hopefully the weather will let enough to get out of the van sometime.
What van are you in ?

We've just tried the iboost connecting to Fon and it's working fine - admittedly we have got good line of sight as we're right in the bottom corner of the field! We're in the Hymer as per the avatar.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Connection a bit faster this morning, be interesting to see a comparison, I would have expected on my aerial to get a much faster connection as it is quite close. Not uncommon to pick up signals up to 2 miles with clear line of site when in France.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Ping 903ms Server Maidenhead Dowload 11.22 mb/s Upload 2.41 mb/s This is not bad as I have to sort out my fixings on the side of the van as the antenna is leaning forward a bit. I am also down the bottom of the field so have fairly good line of sight.
Phil.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
On the Fon behind the pub from the top of the field, current connection is
Link Quality 78%
Signal Strength -64dbm
Connection Speed 65Mbs

I have just tested the speed.
Ping 43ms
Download 10.25 mbps
Upload 0.4 mbps
Using my Edup 16dbi antenna on a Status telescopic pole with a USB router.
I also use an external USB marine socket to route the signal into the garage of the van.
Cheers
Ed
And the sun has just come out :)

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231603918712

http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/cara...ellite/vision-plus-telescopic-4-section-mast/

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182176312325

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Day out at the Monet Gardens cafe

20160629_164131.jpg
20160629_164021.jpg
20160629_160015.jpg

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Back home now hope all you Funsters continue having a great time . A BIG THANKYOU to Judy & Mo Pamela & Brian and all Funsters for such a great time and making Amanda's birthday a special one :) xxx love Kate Bill & Amanda

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Having borrowed Kim's iBoost, could only get a weak signal -82db and would not receive data. Moved the aerial to the front of the van on the dash -69 db and got a download speed of 15mb. Moved my aerial to the same position got the same speed as on the roof at the back 0.07mb.
Reconnected the iBoost couldn't get a signal, put it outside on the drivers door still no go, put my aerial in the same place yippie 10mb, didn't last long back to 0.07.
So it looks like any connection on this Fon is up and down like a yoyo and I have a more reliable connection with my cheapo aerial athough a bit slow.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
A bit of a result, moved the aerial on the roof about 2 feet and for the last hour have been getting fairly consistent results between 7 - 10mb on speedtest, however pages are loading far slower than you would expect for that speed of connection.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Hi, just want to say thanks to the people around me for coming and having a chat and also giving me a lift into Weymouth. Thanks for the guys help trying to sort out my electrics... yep master breaker in van was off :rolleyes:
I enjoyed my first rally and everyone was so friendly and welcoming.. shame about the weather !
cheers,
Pat

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Many thanks to Mo and Judy plus Brisey and Pamelaaar for everything. It was great meeting up with old faces and new and despite the rather dodgy weather we had a great time.

Good to see @Tootles on fine form as well

We are off in about an hour so thanks again

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to Mo,Judy,Pamelaar and especially Brisey for seeing us out onto the lane without stopping! and thanks to all those down in the corner for making us so welcome (y) despite the manic Moo.

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
Another great year at Bagwell, just a shame weather was so iffy and buses up the creek.
Well done Mo and his merry band of helpers.
Arrived home ok , washing in machine, a bag of crisps and I was of out to a guild meeting, left Dave to making a bit of toast and a coffee.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week and all get home safely.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
First time for us at Bagwell - nice part of the world. Such a shame about the weather, but it seems to be the same everywhere. Arrived home safely after a 250 mile journey, not too many hold ups and only a few showers en route.

Many thanks once again to Mo, Judy, Paul for arranging everything and Brisey and Pam for their marshalling skills.

Ken & Lynda plus Jess who really enjoyed the spare field for ball throwing

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
SWMBO and me have just got back from Bagwell, (Yes I know we left at 10 o'clock but we've been busy).

Can I echo those who have responded sooner and thank Mo and Brisey for their sterling 'Front of House' efforts.
As those who attended will know, we organised a small Table top sale of books that we had previously read. The monies raised were for the chosen Charity.
Because the Julia House Hospice rep. turned up a day early and before we had a chance to hand over our money to Mo, we were unable to hand over what we had raised.

Can we thank all those who purchased books and CD's from us, particularly those whom insisted on handing over a £ instead of 50p without wanting change and those who, after purchasing a book donated more books for us to do it again.
I can tell everyone that we raised £19 for the Hospice and a cheque will be winging it's way to them soonest.
I appreciate that it's a small sum but, as they say, Every little helps.
Regards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back