Back on the road. Thinking of Spain. (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Everyone. I am now driving again after the heart attacks. We Celebrated by buying a bigger MH. ( Burstner Elegance i821 G) We are now considering a trip to Spain from early January via Dover-Calais. This for me, will be a huge venture. I am looking for advice from all you seasoned, experienced M/homers on best sites to book onto once in Spain. Hopefully where some of the funsters meet up. We are considering spending 2/3 months there in various locations. Sun, sea & sand (so to speak) All advice will be very welcome, constructive that is !!!!!!! I would also like to thank everyone for all your kind comments & support whilst I was in hospital & recovering. Cheers !!!

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
I'm sure you will get plenty of advice on Spanish sites - there are lots of Funsters down there. But do plan your journey well - the days are short and many sites are closed. Remember that the Clermont Ferrand route over the massif centrale can be affected by the weather at times in the winter. The A20 down past Limoges is generally OK, and you could stopover at Parc Verger, as we are open all year (and are just a day from the Spanish border). If you want ideas about other stopovers by all means pm us.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My only advice, learned the hard way on a recent trip, is don't be in a rush. It isn't a race to get to the Costa del wotsits. There are lots of interesting places to stop at and see throughout Spain. Campsites are few and far between in the north during the winter but there are a few aires and also places you can just haul up at although you will have to find water somewhere else which may not be convenient for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We don't book any sites, and that way we are never in a 'rush' to be somewhere, by a certain time. Just roll along, and if we see something that looks nice, try it, if we cannot get on, amble a bit further, or wild it for the night.
Just relax and enjoy the journey.
When we spent 18 weeks in ES and PT, one day we travelled as little as 4 miles, to a nice spot, another day we drove 120 miles to find a nice place.

Craig

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I'm sure you will get plenty of advice on Spanish sites - there are lots of Funsters down there. But do plan your journey well - the days are short and many sites are closed. Remember that the Clermont Ferrand route over the massif centrale can be affected by the weather at times in the winter. The A20 down past Limoges is generally OK, and you could stopover at Parc Verger, as we are open all year (and are just a day from the Spanish border). If you want ideas about other stopovers by all means pm us.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

This is a great stopover.
But I bet if you stop for one night you will end up staying a week.
a very warm welcome.
Not only from the owners but also the resident funsters.
Mel & Lieve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back