Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Gus, thanks for your ideas. I was thinking along the lines of purchasing another bracket, fitting it further along, sliding the awning along, and leave the first bracket in situ, on the off chance of buying a second hand longer awning, or an ex demo one.

Tony, a decent idea, but I do not want to raise the awning further up in height at this time.

DaveG, thanks for agreeing with the idea from young Gus.

Lenny, it was already fitted, and as I was new to motorhoming and camping at that time, all I knew was It came with an awning.

Lofty, thanks for the info, I will certainly look on the Fiamma site, and look up the bracket I need.

Mike Mc, it is not the wrong brackets, it is just the whole thing was fitted too far over to the left, with no allowance for door clearance. I have seen plenty of vans with the same bracketing, but with plenty of door clearance.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions, from Peter at Johns Cross to the present. You all have been very helpful, given me plenty to think about, and I hope to be able to meet up with some of you at some future point.

Flook:drinks:
There has been suggestions about not having the legs the same height to avoid pooling of water. Don't put it out when raining and wind it back in if it starts to rain. Don't leave out over night regardless of how good your storm straps are. Two minutes to put away, keeping everything dry and safe. Good luck (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There has been suggestions about not having the legs the same height to avoid pooling of water. Don't put it out when raining and wind it back in if it starts to rain. Don't leave out over night regardless of how good your storm straps are. Two minutes to put away, keeping everything dry and safe. Good luck (y)
If I couldn't put it out in the rain to keep the doorway dry I don't think I would bother having one at all.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
If I couldn't put it out in the rain to keep the doorway dry I don't think I would bother having one at all.

Martin
Don't go out in the rain, stay inside dry and cozy, oh and close the door to keep the doorway dry:D2(y)

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi all I had the same problem but this week went to Rose awings poole they found that the brackets were bonded so can’t move them I was pleased with that but they move awing 6 ins and put a dummy fixing in the redundant holes but it solved it

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Don't go out in the rain, stay inside dry and cozy, oh and close the door to keep the doorway dry:D2(y)

Don't go anywhere it is likely to rain is best.
If you are unfortunate then revert to your plan.
That's what I do here. If it rains I don't go out but wait for the sun to return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't understand why just lengthening the legs doesn't work. Does on our Swift.

Unless OP isn't using the legs.........................
Maybe doesn't know about the legs with them being folded in the lead bar.
That'll put some strain on the awning box fixings.

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Hey, pappajohn, when I first opened the awning, I had to have it pointed out to me about hose legs that were tucked away. The adjustment is easy enough, slacken off the wing nut, the extending leg drops down onto your foot (ooof, ouch, oooof, bloody thingy whatsit), so I found it best to keep the adjustable leg away when carrying out his part. After all if the legs were not dropped down, the strain on the body I think would be enough to cause serious damage.

I will next year, have the awning moved along to clear the door and re bracketed. The existing bracket that will be left on (I think) as it seems it wont cause too much of an issue, though if it does, then I may consider having something done about it.

We will see.

Flook

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back