Feb 13, 2011
bristol
Funster No
MH
autosleeper trooper
Exp
since 2010
Hello

I have a 10 year old autosleeper trooper and was wondering if someone could give me some advice regarding the ellectric hook up, say when im plugged into the mains is this then charging my leisure battery or not? only reason i ask is my control panel shows the needle going to the end of the scale if im on hook up wheras if im on 12v it goes to about 3/4 of the scale?

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

I am not sure on the control panel fitted to your motorhome but on my Autosleeper panel the left hand switch is a 3 way one. Top pressed for charging the Vehicle battery, centre no charging (off) and bottom pressed for charging the Leisure battery.

The voltage shown is always higher when plugged into the mains as it is showing the voltage from the controller which supplies the 12 volts once the mains is plugged in.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Camper crazy and welcome to Motorhome Fun:welcomefunster:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Campercrazy

Welcome to MH Fun .:welcomefunster:

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If, as gozomike said, it is a three position switch then having it in the center position there will be no load on the battery charger and it may show an unusually high voltage.

on my old kontiki, if in the center position and not hooked up, the solar panel would 'pulse' the needle from about 11v to off the scale.

switch it to the position with a pic of the rear end (or the word 'HAB') and the charger will be doing its job.

put it in the other position, pic of cab (or word 'CAB/ENG'), it will charge the engine battery instead.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back