RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Hi I have just phoned Roadpro as over the weekend my dome would not lock onto a satellite? ??
Was informed that the signal from asta 2 has changed and some satellite systems are having problems. (This has only taken place in the last 2 weeks ) I have to send back the control box for updating software at a cost of £40 !!
is anyone else having problems ??

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Been receiving it last three months in Spain on 85cm oyster dish without any problems from Cabo De Gata along to El Rocio and back north

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting, the VDO dome (Camos in old money?) which came on our van struggled to find/lock onto Astra 2 North the weekend before last, but then found Astra 2 South quite quickly. Wonder if that was related?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Just had my samy solar software updated by sat tec of Northampton this morning. Astra 2 now found and locked.
Thoroughly professional and courteous people to deal with !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Just had my samy solar software updated by sat tec of Northampton this morning. Astra 2 now found and locked.
Thoroughly professional and courteous people to deal with !
so there is a problem then ??

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I have difficulty understanding this. The Astra satellite dish on the side of a house is fixed and doesn't move over decades. Why should a MH satellite change?

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have difficulty understanding this. The Astra satellite dish on the side of a house is fixed and doesn't move over decades. Why should a MH satellite change?
Because you have to put the MH dish down to travel and then when you want it up it has to lock on to some frequency or other but the ASTRA people b----r about with things so you dish can't see it, or that's my limited understanding.

Martin

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Been receiving it last three months in Spain on 85cm oyster dish without any problems from Cabo De Gata along to El Rocio and back north
Correct @Speve I am getting everything also on an 85cm here in Murcia, will be travelling to Portugal in a couple of weeks, will see how it fairs there.

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Astra 28.2 is a position. 28.2 degrees East of South

There are several satellites "floating" in Geostationary orbit at 28.2

If and when, a satellite packs up, it needs replacing. The replacement satellite has to operate along side the original for a while, for testing and configuration, it will have, let's call it a different signature, a different way to indentify itself.

When it's fully tested, and configured the time comes to turn off, the aging satellite, and bring the new satellite on. Normally the old satellite is powered off into space.

For the sake of argument, say if it was done overnight, you wouldn't necessarily know anything had happened. You'd get up and continue watching Coronation Street

Pack up, park the system drive a mile up the road, turn your system back on and it may not be able to acquire the "new" satellite without being updated

On older systems this can be a problem, on newer better systems, this can be simply done by downloading the new information to a USB stick or a SC card and popping it into the controller.

The house of course has not moved, so the satellite system would still be pointing at exactly the right spot

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We had some problems a Chirk but this was our first time out so we thought it was probably our incompetence and our proximity to lots of tall trees that caused the problem....we're out again this weekend so we'll see how things go!!

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I tested my satfi rv unit today and whilst it seemed to take longer than normal to auto skew it found and locked on fine. (y)

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Following this thread I checked my Roadpro dome and it couldn't lock on.
I contacted Becks who fitted it when I bought mhome , took it to them today and with a ten minute software update, supplied by Roadpro, all now working fine. FOC.

Upvote 0

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
With an Oyster system, whether it be Vision or Digital, Samy/Oyster/Caro or Cosmo, the system requires an active frequency in order to lock to the Satellite network of choice.
All Oyster systems (with the exception of Vision I) are pre-programmed with four frequencies from each satellite they can automatically seek.
If the frequency the system is searching for is depopulated or removed all together then the system can no longer pinpoint exactly where, in the sky, the satellite is. It will look, for all intense and purposes, as though the system is aimlessly spinning and it does worry some people but fear not, the system is merely checking it's entire elevation range (as it doesn't know it's exact location) before concluding that this frequency no longer works. This will take 15-20 minutes but when it has finished the search it will automatically move to the next frequency in the list and start searching again.
It's very unlikely that, out of the 100+ frequencies on the Satellite, 2 or more of the 4 your current software version is using have been compromised but it is not impossible so if you are unsure or close to tearing your hair out then please contact me on here or directly at Oyster Sat-Tech on 01858575928. Obviously when away in Europe it's not always feasible to take the unit to a dealer or send the brains away for an update so please get in touch if you are having difficulties. We can check the current frequencies programmed into your system, talk you through how to manually alter the frequency currently being searched and in some cases even alter the frequencies if the current ones in your systems software are out of date. In most cases we can at least get the system functioning until such time when you can get the unit updated.

Upvote 0

bernard31

Free Member
Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
pickup and shell
Exp
since 1990
Hello,
I have an issue with my CSA 1300P ( S/N CSA 0172 04/07 ) . The Camos control box ( made by MDH wiworld in March 2007) . Microcontroller is an Atmel ATMEGA16L ) doesn't lock on Astra 1( yellow led lights few seconds and then switches off ) . Nb: I would like to use AB3 but I have no signal detected ( no yellow light ) . I have changed the ‘’old’’ external coaxial which is between the dome and the control box for a brand new one without success.
It seems that the control box software would need to be updated . Changes on Astra 1 ( and/ or AB3 ) which could explain this issue?
Would it be possible to :
a) Change the whole control box ( for instance choose the Campingman one from Megasat? )
b) Try a solution as described ( in 2016 / sept 06 post of john , pseudo ''gibbo57'' ) , for the ostersystems :He wrote : Programmer which interfaces with the Control Unit. This programmer unit is Designed, Manufactured and Installed by Zeniatech Limited based in Athlone, Ireland
c) other solution?
Thanks a lot in advance for your advices / suggestions/ proposals
Best regards ,
Bernard

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread