Free Member
Jun 10, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2016
I'm at the Maidstone /Detling Motorhome show and looking at Bikes.
Had a good chat with Pete from AS bikes, seems he's been coming here for years, makes up his own bikes.

Any thoughts on Pete and his bikes?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Pete and his after sales are brilliant, I don't hesitate to recommend him.
He does assemble his bikes for sale but gets them from China and they do comply to regs.
I finished assembling the one I purchased from him years ago, ie taking off all the protecting plastic and straightening the handlebars from transit.
He sent me a new throttle to France to replace the faulty one with full instructions on how to replace it at no charge. (Not the same bike as I finished assembling )
Had that one stolen in Portugal not long after.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
He has a good reputation and is a nice chap however ... the bikes haven't changed much since he first started selling them and IMV are a bit 'expensive' for what they are, but if the after sales is more important to you than up-to-date bike design/lower cost then buy from him.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Bought fron AS some years ago managed to snap a cable spoke to Peter at a show, he didn't have the one i needed available, it was near the end of the last day. New cable, FOC was waiting for me when we got home. He also changed my handlebars as i fund the original ones a bit of a stretch for my short arms, again no charge. Although the bike still look very similar to mine, the battery placement has changed, the range has increased too, the newer batteries are lighter. Have not found a substantial bike at a lower price and have never been a fashionista be it clothes,cars, furnishings heartily recommend.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
A S Bikes after sales is very good. 2 1/2 year old bike repaired free of charge at the Peterborough Show. The bikes have done everything we wanted them for.

OP
OP
Bob Hart

Bob Hart

Free Member
Jun 10, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for your replies guys. I just like Pete's chat and that he only sells 3 bike types, which all fold away. And the only seller who did a 26 inch folding bike.
So we bought two

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back