Anyone planning on driving south now France has opened? (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
We certainly have😍but it’ll be worth it so long as alls well🤞Safe travels for you too have a great time and thanks again😍

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
We certainly have😍but it’ll be worth it so long as alls well🤞Safe travels for you too have a great time and thanks again😍
Might even push our luck and see if we can sort passports for our dogs while there got Uk ones but covid hit so never had chance to use them up to date with rabies so we shall see 👍

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I very much doubt you need anything for entry to Spain. Mainly because absolutely nobody will know you have entered Spain. There haven’t been manned borders for many years now.
I think you would be surprised now as since around 2015 they have been refurbishing many of the old derelict & abandoned border posts ,especially on the French side, which i put down to the immigrant problem.On the spanish side they have always used multiple overhead cameras on obscure back roads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Sorry just checked antigen test which I thought was to show if you’ve got antibodies in your blood, however apparently it’s also classed as a LFT so you can get that done quicker and a lot cheaper. Thank you for mentioning it.
Does anyone know for sure if the LFT tests have to be witnessed?
The supplier (testing for all ) sells both witnessed and unwitnessed.
We’ve ordered the unwitnessed ones as they are cheaper but since heard different things on different forums .
No mention either way on the french gov site it only states proof of negative test , which we will have technically.

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
The tests are done at home , photo of LFT uploaded to testing company site and certification received by text message.
border police would therefore be looking at a certificate on my phone ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The tests have to be 'confirmed' by a third party, ie the company you bought them from, but they don't actually have to see you do them, ie not 'witnessed'. You do the test yourself (not witnessed) then submit the result to the company along with a photo to show the outcome and in due course they will check the evidence you have submitted and issue an e-certificate. The certificate is what you show the border force etc.

Mar 19, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
Just a quick update. We used eurotunnel Wednesday pm having uploaded Simply Test Me Cert ,Vaccination certs and French sworn statement.
Our border collies have Belgian passports so all good there. We were reminded though that all future rabies jabs have to be done in the EU.
Border control only checked gas and not 25kg dog food , sausages, bacon and cheese ....... obviously ‘IF ‘ we had them on board🤥

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We made the shuttle Wednesday, stayed in an aire Neufchatel on bray then just north of Bordeaux. Now in Spain just west of Zaragoza, spending the night with the troglodytes.
IMG-20220121-WA0000.jpeg

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We made the shuttle Wednesday, stayed in an aire Neufchatel on bray then just north of Bordeaux. Now in Spain just west of Zaragoza, spending the night with the troglodytes. View attachment 577927
We stayed there a few years ago. Strange little carved out cave homes aren’t they? I seem to remember a couple of decent bars there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back