Anyone planning on driving south now France has opened? (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Just checked again and it still says you have to have a negative PCR test within 24 hours of travel or an antigen test Even if you are fully vaccinated

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Sorry just checked antigen test which I thought was to show if you’ve got antibodies in your blood, however apparently it’s also classed as a LFT so you can get that done quicker and a lot cheaper. Thank you for mentioning it.

Aug 15, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Chunnel for us 19th May France, Spain etc for 7weeks. Can’t wait.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
Itching to head South, maybe early February.
Still feeling a bit confused about testing within 24 hours. We are 300 miles from the port and usually spend best part of 24 hours getting there.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have googled French requirements and it definitely says you have to have PCR test even if you are fully vaccinated unless it’s changed since Friday
Sorry just checked antigen test which I thought was to show if you’ve got antibodies in your blood, however apparently it’s also classed as a LFT so you can get that done quicker and a lot cheaper. Thank you for mentioning it.
You're not the only one who was confused by that, I checked the other day what it meant by 'antigen test' and realised it is LFT, you can pre-order them for delivery to your home and do it yourself before you travel so if you are 'positive' at least don't waste your time (or fuel) travelling. It was mentioned on another thread about one that costs £12 per person.

May 11, 2021
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Europa
Exp
Since 2001
Ferry booked 30th March. A couple of stops in France then into Spain. Does anyone have any recommendations on places to visit/stay in the Pyranees at that time of year?

John and Bern

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ref the antigen test, we’ve ordered ours online. Test to be taken within 24 hours of departure, a photo taken showing (hopefully) negative result alongside id (driving license or passport) and sent to lab. Certificate to travel emailed to you within 12 hours. Ours cost £15.00 each.
Booking flexible tickets on LeShuttle in case one of us tests positive. Leaving 3rd Feb for 6 weeks.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
We’re giving it serious thought.
We’ve been 18 months UK locked.
Anyone else thinking of going over soon?
Already here in Águilas and the weather is fab

Attachments

• 6661B04E-0A3E-4E04-A4DF-1C607938BF6D.jpeg
    6661B04E-0A3E-4E04-A4DF-1C607938BF6D.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 24
Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Weve decided to go over via Newhaven / Dieppe ferry route, mid to late Feb , for between 5 - 6 weeks returning late march, early April.......Then out again maybe mid june , early July for between 6-7 weeks , basically using up the 90 day allowance . Was going to be mainly Spain , but now looking like Portugal may be winning in terms of favoured country to tramp around.

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Ref the antigen test, we’ve ordered ours online. Test to be taken within 24 hours of departure, a photo taken showing (hopefully) negative result alongside id (driving license or passport) and sent to lab. Certificate to travel emailed to you within 12 hours. Ours cost £15.00 each.
Booking flexible tickets on LeShuttle in case one of us tests positive. Leaving 3rd Feb for 6 weeks.
Does France accept tests done by yourself and not by a clinician? Portugal does not, as many passengers turned away from flights recently have discovered. Double check to make sure!!

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Already here in Águilas and the weather is fab
One of our favourite stops!
Santander ferry for us on 17th Feb. Hope to spend around a couple of weeks travelling in the general direction of Aguilas.
Aiming to return home through France in early May.

Jun 7, 2019
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Talisman
Exp
Since 2018
We’ve booked first time ever on the euro tunnel and go next Monday and back end March drive through France then into Spain 😍 our doggies are all booked in for health check certificates so now just got to sort our pcr/lft tests and which is the best way to have them done I agree thought the antigen test was a blood test so thanks for the information and then fingers crossed we will be sorted. First time for us aswell so trying to make sure we do all that we’re supposed to do and not miss anything out. Soo looking forward to it 😍😍 Safe travels and enjoy to all those that are going😘😘

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We are booked to drive through France on 31st Jan to Spain, have got paperwork and Covid test sorted for France … do we need anything for the entry to Spain ?
When we entered Spain from France just before xmas, there were police where the border used to be but not stopping anyone I could see. I think you can enter Spain from uk without a test anyway.

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Cant see me ever retir
After having to cancel and rearrange a few trips over the last 2 years we are going to try and get over to Bruges in Belgium later this year.
Not booking anything until closer to the time just in case.
I booked the campsite last night🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣cant wait now .
Next time ill keep my mouth shut about not booking anything .🤐🤐🤐🤐

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Plymouth Santander March 27 th,,been booked awhile..Managed 90 days on two trips to Spain and France in 2021 and 42 days again to France and Spain in 2020 so not really missed out..BUSBY.

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
We drove through France late last August and early September on the way to Greece, then again in November on the way back. Plan to go again in April, just after Easter.
Which reminds me, I need to book the ferry from Italy!
Hi
How do you get on taking your MH to Greece, are there plenty of places to stay? Where do you go? Sorry lots of questions! I absolutely love Greece and have so missed going there these last couple of Covid years. We have our first MH on order, hopefully be here April/May and trying to decide where to go first once we hit Europe. I don't want to get my hopes up as we have been trying to buy one for a year...have had to bite the bullet and buy new now.. and until it is here, or at least know its definitely coming I don't want to get my hopes up and start the trip planning until I know that it is finally happening!

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We had 2 Frequent Traveller tickets left in November2020, they have been moved on time after time. We are booked for last weekend in March, hopefully our V5c will be back from DVLA with weight upgrade.

Jan 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
We have a deferred eurotunnel ticket, it'll be down to the Alps in June and straight through to the Italian Lakes, probably via Switzerland if they're not playing up to much by then. A lovely route and gorgeous at the other end.:cheers:

Aug 25, 2020
Sevenoaks, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t 588
Exp
Since 2020
Booking Eurotunnel for around 12th May to go to sons wedding in Amsterdam, then heading down to Moraira, Spain via Germany, Northern Italy, France. Stay in Spain for around 6 weeks, then plan to head back via Santander/Bilbao via a few Rioja vineyards. Cant wait !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back